[X] WMA -> FLAC AlbumArtist

In WMAs, Mp3tag %band% shows my WM/AlbumArtist - fine.

By when I convert WMA -> FLAC, faithfully transferring WMA/AlbumArtist to vorbis comment ALBUMARTIST=, Mp3tag %band% fails to show the value.

Even though Mp3tag's FLAC mapping is undefined (well, I cannot find a definition in the docs), I'm guessing this is a bug.

Is there a workaround? I don't want to have to retag all 16K files.

And is a fix planned?

Off Topic:

I might have misunderstood your post.

But....

Are they "Windows Media Audio 9 Lossless" files you are converting ? If not I do not see the point in converting them in the first place.

Are they "Windows Media Audio 9 Lossless" files you are converting ?

Yes.

If not I do not see the point in converting them in the first place.

FLAC has advantages.

This won't be changed, because changing this mapping would only create further confusion.

The last time I've touched the mapping of this fields I had to revert the change due to massive negative feedback from the users.

A workaround would be to create an action that copies the value of BAND to ALBUMARTIST and removes the BAND field afterwards. This action needs to applied only once after conversion of your WMA files.

A workaround would be to create an action that copies the
value of BAND to ALBUMARTIST and removes the BAND field

Thanks Florian, but it's not acceptable to change the files' tags just to get Mp3tag to show them properly.

This won't be changed, because changing this mapping would only create further confusion.

OK, then why not then add a new placeholder that does work properly? I.e. shows the Album Artist consistently across the various formats? This is a pretty reasonable requirement of a 'universal' tag editor.

why not then add a new placeholder that does work properly?

Please? I really would like to have one column showing/editing Album Artist independent of audio format, and since Mp3tag is trying to give independence of format... can't it help here?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.