Support D&D .m4r/.m4p

I hope to drag and drop support for these extensions. Thanks.

as I haven't such files I cannot test it: have you tried to add these extensions to the list in File>Options>Tags?
This does no mean, though, that mp3tag can deal with the format. But it will show the files in the files list, if you drag&drop them from the explorer.

I know this is an old thread, but I have not been able to find the information anywhere, & this is the closest I've come to an answer.

.M4R files are AAC audio codec saved with an MP4 container, or MPEG-4 AAC files. They are identical to .M4A files & when the extension is changed to .M4A MP3tag reads them & can edit their Metadata. But if you add .M4R to the list of allowed files it will show them in the list, but the Metadata is blank. Putting anything into the metadata field & saving does nothing & Changing back to .M4A shows the tag as it was with no changes. The same as if I change an OGG file to MP3, it won't show any metadata because that tag structure is not associated with that extension. How can I tell MP3tag to treat files with an added extension with a certain tag structure?

1 Like