[Feature request] Delayed/background tagging

Hi there!

Firstly, I'd really like to say MP3tag is absolutely top software! Thanks a lot!

Here's a short description of the feature I'm requesting, and why:

I've got a little fileserver on my network, with a few gigabytes of MP3's on it, connected over a 10MBit LAN. I'd like to tag these files useing MP3tag, but it takes awfully long, because every time I change some tags MP3tag is busy untill all changed files are scanned for tags and changed.

While directly accessing a harddrive, this may be a matter of seconds, but over a LAN, it takes a couple of minutes sometimes.

So, it'd be very handy if MP3tag could do the actual changes in the files in the background, or could create a batch of changes-to-do that I can execute later, while I keep on editing my file-list.

Keep up the good work!

Hi,
Maybe a solution.
Why don't you install Mp3tag on this small pc and get works with Radmin. So you can tag the mp3's on your server while your tagprogram is running on the small pc and the mp3 files are on the same hd.

Grtz. Billy

Won't work. Server is an old pentium 1 running linux :w00t: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Ok, than I've no more other solotions for you to get this better. My small pc is a ibm500 works great. Maybe other members has a Idea.

Grtz. Billy