IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

43 Pages V  « < 23 24 25 26 27 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [WS] Discogs (pone mod), all discogs information in tags & lyrics, based on dano's scri
Beluna
post Apr 24 2012, 15:39
Post #361

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 11832
Mp3tag Version: 2.45b

QUOTE (pone @ Apr 24 2012, 03:29) *
At the TRACK & DISCNUMBER section:
CODE
Tracknumber:                    >TRACK
  Totaltracks:                    >
  - leading zeros for tacknumbers            >no
  - disable leading zeros if less than 10 totaltracks        >yes
  only for multi-disc CDs:
  - reset counter for every disc                >no
  - reset & combine Tracknumber with Discnumber        >no
    - combine Disc- & Tracnumber with this character    >

Trackposition (as written on discogs page):        >
  - write Trackposition only for Vinyl & Cassettes        >yes

At the OTHER FIELDS & OPTIONS section:
CODE
  - download cover artwork            >no

You control the name format at the ARTIST NAMES section. There you have to go to Extra Artist - Album Credits - Name Variation or Extra Artist - Album Credits - Primary Name.

To have it like before at the Album Credit section, use the following:
CODE
  Extra Artist - Album Credits - Name Variation:    >UNSYNCEDLYRICS
  - name/track n format:            >name (tracks: n)
  - name/role format:                >role: name
  - combine names with same roles        >yes

In the name/track n format: line, the placeholder name would stand for Quince Jones, the placeholder n would stand for e.g. 2, 3 and 7 (if such an restriction for certain tracks is given at discogs)
In the name/role format: line, the place:holder name would stand for Quincy Jones (with or without the track restriction as controlled in the line above), the placeholder role would stand for Arranger.

Is there something unclear with Notes and Companies? Go to the CREDITS; NOTES; IDENTIFIERS; COMPANIES section to choose, which things you want to have written and where they should be written. For the things you don't want, leave the line empty after the > character. Don't use no there like in the old script.

Great explanation. Got everything to work except track listing. I used the exact changes as listed above and it still gives me A1, A2, A3 in those albums listed as such.

Here's a link I'm working on for example.

http://www.discogs.com/release/1575561

In the adjust tag info window it shows A1, A2, ... so I imagine the changes has not taken place.
which leads to another question.

Now here's a question which may explain. Do you have to create a new script after making changes?

In the old script you would update after making changes. What happens if you make changes in the new script after the initial create script is complete? Or, do I just make the changes and click Ok and it automatically updates the script.

Reason being, I tried to see if it makes a difference and the one problem I have is I don't use "Unsynclyrics" I've changed it to Credits: to keep it consistent with my old tags.

So anytime i create a new script you can imagine what happens it goes back to "unsynclyrics".

Hope I didn't confuse you further. I guess the bottomline question is how do you simply update the script?

Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pone
post Apr 24 2012, 17:26
Post #362

Member No.: 9103
Mp3tag Version: 2.59b

ZITAT(Beluna @ Apr 24 2012, 16:39) *
Great explanation. Got everything to work except track listing. I used the exact changes as listed above and it still gives me A1, A2, A3 in those albums listed as such.

Really? It should not. At TRACK & DISCNUMBER, these are the two crucial lines for your problem:
QUELLTEXT
- write Trackposition only for Vinyl & Cassettes        >no

The first line has to be empty after the > character.
The second line can have yes or no. Try no, but it should not matter if the first line is empty.

Now here's a question which may explain. Do you have to create a new script after making changes?

In the old script you would update after making changes. What happens if you make changes in the new script after the initial create script is complete? Or, do I just make the changes and click Ok and it automatically updates the script.

I don't know what kind of update you are talking about. There are there things at the script which can be called update.

1.) When I make a new script version, you have to update the export and actions files. For that, download the new package and move the files into the Mp3tag profile folder. By replacing the old files with the new files, you update the export and action files.
That works in the new script as it has worked in the old one before.

2.) When I make a new script version, you have to update the your settings files. With this update, I can write new options and tag fields into the setting file already stored at your computer.
In the old script there was an action for you to do this. (Discogs Pone>Update Settings MP3 File...). The action itself was renewed by overwriting the old action file as described above.
In the new script, I haven't made that update action yet. It's more complicated because of the new multiline structure of the setting file. That's why you need a new setting file and change the settings again as you like it. I will include a update action for the setting file when the discogs pone 4 script gets new options.

3.) When I make a new script version AND whenever you want to change something in the settings of your script, you have to update your web script files. This happens with the Discogs Pone>Create Scripts... action. That works in the new script as it has worked in the old one before.

So after you make changes in the settings mp3 file, click only the Discogs Pone>Create Scripts... action to have the changes transfered to the web sources files.
The Discogs Pone>Update Settings MP3 File... action was only for for the version update as described in 2.). It was never necessary for your own changes in the settings file as described in 3.)

Reason being, I tried to see if it makes a difference and the one problem I have is I don't use "Unsynclyrics" I've changed it to Credits: to keep it consistent with my old tags.

So anytime i create a new script you can imagine what happens it goes back to "unsynclyrics".

Why does it go back? Where did you change it? It should not.
You can use any tag field you like.
Note that you choose the tag field for the Credits section in the ARTIST NAMES section of the setting file. This might be confusing. There you can choose a tag field for Extra Artist - Album Credits - Primary Name and/or another tag field for Extra Artist - Album Credits - Name Variation.
In the CREDITS; NOTES; IDENTIFIERS; COMPANIES section of the setting file at Combine Credit fields with other fields:, you can only contol if the credits stand alone (>no) or come with headline ("Credits:") and a trailing empty line (>yes).

+Quote Post
stevehero
post Apr 24 2012, 22:19
Post #363

Member No.: 13334
Mp3tag Version: 2.65

Hi Pone,

Is there any chance of an option to format the YEAR like the date?

Keep up the great work...

--------------------
▶✚♬ ═‎​ ♡

+Quote Post
pone
post Apr 24 2012, 22:46
Post #364

ZITAT(stevehero @ Apr 24 2012, 23:19) *
Hi Pone,

Is there any chance of an option to format the YEAR like the date?

Keep up the great work...

sure. just write the date into the YEAR tag-field at the YEAR & DATE section:
Year: >
Date: >YEAR

Was it that what you want?

If you want both tag fields in a formated way, you can use the Additional Web Sources Script Code for the standard scritps: Additional Web Sources Script Code for the standard scritps:
Additional Web Sources Script Code for the standard scritps:
#<CODE>
#
#<CODE END>

part in the OTHER FIELDS & OPTIONS section. You can put some web script command between <CODE> and <CODE END>. If you want the same format for both fields, you can simply use
outputto ...
sayoutput ...
If you want different formats, you would have to put the whole code to get the second field there, starting with
findline "<<_GO-TO-START_>>" -1 1
to get to the begin of document and than parsing for what you want. I guess you can easily do that as an expericenced mp3tag web scripts writer.

+Quote Post
stevehero
post Apr 25 2012, 03:52
Post #365

WORKING CODE in OTHER FIELDS & OPTIONS under Additional Web Sources Script Code for the standard scritps:
CODE
#<CODE>
outputto "YEAR"
gotoline 1
findinline "\"released\":" 1 1
if " \""
    gotoline 1
    regexpreplace ".*\"released\": \"([^\"]+)\".*" "$1" # Returns '2012-02-12' '2012-12' or '2012'
    regexpreplace "^(\d\d\d\d)$" "$1-00-00" # Returns 'YYYY-00-00' if only the year resides
    regexpreplace "^(\d\d\d\d)-(\d\d)$" "$1-$2-00"  # Returns 'YYYY-MM-00' if only the year resides    
    sayrest
endif
#<CODE END>

I can't seem to get this to work. I thought it did last night but it removes the track names, track no's and such. So I changed the
- date format: >YYYY-MM-DD
and pasted the same code only outputted it to the YEAR field under Additional Web Sources Script Code for the standard scritps:

I thought this would work but same problem arose. How do I get around this. Sorry I'm just not too familiar with your script.

This post has been edited by stevehero: Apr 25 2012, 22:57

--------------------
▶✚♬ ═‎​ ♡

+Quote Post
pone
post Apr 25 2012, 13:34
Post #366

Update: Version 4.unifished 2

Fixed: Bug at track numbers at ill formated discogs pages.

Fixed: Bug at track numbers at releases with only one track

When updating from 4.unfinished to 4.unfinished 2, you don't need to make any changes in the Discogs Pone 4 Web Script Settings.mp3 file. Keep your old one, delete the new one.

Download now in the starting post again.

+Quote Post
pone
post Apr 26 2012, 01:06
Post #367

Update: Version 4.unifished 3

Fixed: Bug with userdefined additional web sources script code.

When updating from 4.unfinished x to 4.unfinished 3, you don't need to make any changes in the Discogs Pone 4 Web Script Settings.mp3 file. Keep your old one, delete the new one.

- Download now in the starting post -

@ Stevehero:
Thanks for spotting the bug.
The following code gives you a YYYY-MM-DD formated year field. I included year 0000-00-00 and date 0000 for completly missing release years. I'm sure you know how to change this.

QUELLTEXT
#<CODE>
outputto "YEAR"
findline "<<_GO-TO-START_>>" -1 1
findline "{" 1 1
findinline "\"released\":" 1 1
if " \""
    regexpreplace ".*\"released\": \"([^\"]+)\".*" "$1"
    regexpreplace "(\d\d\d\d)-(\d\d)-(\d\d)" "$3 -$2- $1"
    regexpreplace "(\d\d\d\d)-(\d\d)$" "00 -$2- $1"
    regexpreplace "^(\d\d\d\d)" "00 -00- $1"
    sayregexp "(?<=- )\d+"
    say "-"
    sayregexp "(?<=-).+?(?=-)"
    say "-"
    sayregexp "^\d+"
else
    say "0000-00-00"

outputto "DATE"
    say "0000"
endif
#<CODE END>

At the YEAR & DATE section in the settings file, keep YEAR empty after the > character and use the date format you like for DATE.

+Quote Post
stevehero
post Apr 26 2012, 03:06
Post #368

QUOTE (pone @ Apr 26 2012, 01:06) *
@ Stevehero:
Thanks for spotting the bug.

Now working fine. Thank you.

I'm just wondering if you plan to do an option to leave the TRACK like 01/13, 02/13, 03/13 etc as you had in the old version instead of 01, 02, 03. And have you any intention to add a leading zero option to DISCNUMBER + TOTALDISKS and to format the TOTALDISKS like 01/02 which is displayed as see attached in iTunes.

By the way all the leading zeros work in iTunes including TRACK, DISCNUMBER + TOTALDISKS.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
▶✚♬ ═‎​ ♡

+Quote Post
pone
post Apr 26 2012, 09:01
Post #369

ZITAT(stevehero @ Apr 26 2012, 04:06) *
I'm just wondering if you plan to do an option to leave the TRACK like 01/13, 02/13, 03/13 etc as you had in the old version instead of 01, 02, 03. And have you any intention to add a leading zero option to DISCNUMBER + TOTALDISKS and to format the TOTALDISKS like 01/02 which is displayed as see attached in iTunes.

It is already there. Look at the options in the TRACK & DISCNUMBER section:

Tracknumber: >TRACK
Totaltracks: >TRACK
- leading zeros for tacknumbers >yes
- disable leading zeros if less than 10 totaltracks >yes

If you choose the same tag-field for Tracknumber: and Totaltracks: you get 01/13, 02/13, 03/13, ... or 1/13, 2/13, 3/13, ...
You can also choose different tag-fields for those.
The leading zeros depend from the third line (>yes or >no).
In the fourth line you can choose if you also want leading zeros for less than 10 tracks (as the Mp3tag Track Wizard does), or if you want to disable that.

The same works for Discnumber, you can choose the same tag-field for Discnumber: and Totaldiscs: and they will get combined with a slash.
Discnumber: >DISC
Totaldiscs: >DISC

No leading zero options there, as ten or more discs are very rare.

This post has been edited by pone: Apr 26 2012, 09:14

+Quote Post
stevehero
post Apr 26 2012, 11:09
Post #370

QUOTE (pone @ Apr 26 2012, 09:01) *
It is already there. Look at the options in the TRACK & DISCNUMBER section:

Sorry I didn't make myself clear. I was looking for the following outputs.

TRACKNUMBER: 01/13, 02/13 etc
TOTALTRACKS: 13
DISCNUMBER: 1/1
TOTALDISKS: 01 (Its okay, I can deal with this being a '1')

With the options you have it's only possible to go with one or the other. I was nearly sure there was an option in your last v3 scripts to append the TRACKS/TOTALTRACKS + have a TOTALTRACK output at the same time.

--------------------
▶✚♬ ═‎​ ♡

+Quote Post
pone
post Apr 26 2012, 11:54
Post #371

ZITAT(stevehero @ Apr 26 2012, 12:09) *
Sorry I didn't make myself clear. I was looking for the following outputs.

TRACKNUMBER: 01/13, 02/13 etc
TOTALTRACKS: 13
DISCNUMBER: 1/1
TOTALDISKS: 01 (Its okay, I can deal with this being a '1')

With the options you have it's only possible to go with one or the other. I was nearly sure there was an option in your last v3 scripts to append the TRACKS/TOTALTRACKS + have a TOTALTRACK output at the same time.

Yes, I had this in the old script. I didn't think anybody would use this to get TOTALTRACK into two fields, it was rather due to the organisation of the options in the old setting file.

If you want TOTALTRACKS and TOTALDISCS in extra tag fields, you can try to add some more code to the Additional Web Sources Script Code for the standard scritps: at OTHER FIELDS & OPTIONS. Both things are rather complicated and long, but you could simply copy them if you set the script up to write seperate fields for the total values.
Maybe I will include this as an option again, but rather not. These things make the settings more confusing for the user and I can't see any sense/use in having that information in two tag fields.

+Quote Post
stevehero
post Apr 26 2012, 12:50
Post #372

QUOTE (pone @ Apr 26 2012, 11:54) *
Yes, I had this in the old script. I didn't think anybody would use this to get TOTALTRACK into two fields, it was rather due to the organisation of the options in the old setting file.

It's okay. I'll just use the script I wrote to file the gaps.

--------------------
▶✚♬ ═‎​ ♡

+Quote Post
Beluna
post Apr 26 2012, 18:50
Post #373

Member No.: 11832
Mp3tag Version: 2.45b

QUOTE (pone @ Apr 24 2012, 18:26) *
Really? It should not. At TRACK & DISCNUMBER, these are the two crucial lines for your problem:
CODE
- write Trackposition only for Vinyl & Cassettes        >no

The first line has to be empty after the > character.
The second line can have yes or no. Try no, but it should not matter if the first line is empty.

I don't know what kind of update you are talking about. There are there things at the script which can be called update.

1.) When I make a new script version, you have to update the export and actions files. For that, download the new package and move the files into the Mp3tag profile folder. By replacing the old files with the new files, you update the export and action files.
That works in the new script as it has worked in the old one before.

2.) When I make a new script version, you have to update the your settings files. With this update, I can write new options and tag fields into the setting file already stored at your computer.
In the old script there was an action for you to do this. (Discogs Pone>Update Settings MP3 File...). The action itself was renewed by overwriting the old action file as described above.
In the new script, I haven't made that update action yet. It's more complicated because of the new multiline structure of the setting file. That's why you need a new setting file and change the settings again as you like it. I will include a update action for the setting file when the discogs pone 4 script gets new options.

3.) When I make a new script version AND whenever you want to change something in the settings of your script, you have to update your web script files. This happens with the Discogs Pone>Create Scripts... action. That works in the new script as it has worked in the old one before.

So after you make changes in the settings mp3 file, click only the Discogs Pone>Create Scripts... action to have the changes transfered to the web sources files.
The Discogs Pone>Update Settings MP3 File... action was only for for the version update as described in 2.). It was never necessary for your own changes in the settings file as described in 3.)

Why does it go back? Where did you change it? It should not.
You can use any tag field you like.
Note that you choose the tag field for the Credits section in the ARTIST NAMES section of the setting file. This might be confusing. There you can choose a tag field for Extra Artist - Album Credits - Primary Name and/or another tag field for Extra Artist - Album Credits - Name Variation.
In the CREDITS; NOTES; IDENTIFIERS; COMPANIES section of the setting file at Combine Credit fields with other fields:, you can only contol if the credits stand alone (>no) or come with headline ("Credits:") and a trailing empty line (>yes).

Got it all configured correctly. Thanks for the guidance.

The v4 seems to simplify everything once you understand it logic

Great job.

+Quote Post
Pedrozo
post Apr 27 2012, 19:30
Post #374

Member No.: 14864
Mp3tag Version: 2.50

Don't know why, but when I tagging this release http://www.discogs.com/release/147175 duplicated tags like "publisher" or "catalog" have in one field with "//" separate. I deleting all tags and retagging but it doesn't work.
Other releases was tagged ok.

+Quote Post
pone
post Apr 28 2012, 12:37
Post #375

ZITAT(Pedrozo @ Apr 27 2012, 20:30) *
Don't know why, but when I tagging this release http://www.discogs.com/release/147175 duplicated tags like "publisher" or "catalog" have in one field with "//" separate. I deleting all tags and retagging but it doesn't work.
Other releases was tagged ok.

\\ is Mp3tag's character to write and display multivalue tag fields. However, multivalue tag fields can't be written diretly by Mp3tag's web sources scripts.
Read here how to deal with them: http://forums.mp3tag.de/index.php?showtopi...ost&p=61504

If you don't want mutlivalue tag fields there, open the LABEL & SERIES section in the settings file. You see there the following Label and Label # (=Catlalog #) and for Series and Series #_

if more than one label:
- only the first >no
- multivalue tag field >yes
- list of names >no
- seperating characters used in list >,

In the lines 2-4 there, write ">yes" in one of the lines and ">no" in the other two lines. If you choose, "list of name", in you can choose the seperatin character in the following line. Make sure that you use a trailing space there after a comma or similar, e.g: ">, " or ">; ".

There are similar options at the GENRE & STYLES and ARTISTS NAMES section

This post has been edited by pone: Apr 28 2012, 12:51

+Quote Post

43 Pages V  « < 23 24 25 26 27 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2014 - 08:57