IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

42 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [WS] Discogs (pone mod), all discogs information in tags & lyrics, based on dano's scri
Beluna
post Aug 15 2010, 14:20
Post #16

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 11832
Mp3tag Version: 2.45b

My Discog scripts (2.0) has stopped working in the last three days.

I can still access Discog, but all the fields show blank.

Has something changed?

Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
aeris
post Aug 16 2010, 16:28
Post #17

Member No.: 12773
Mp3tag Version: 2.49

QUOTE (Beluna @ Aug 15 2010, 15:20) *
My Discog scripts (2.0) has stopped working in the last three days.

I can still access Discog, but all the fields show blank.

Has something changed?

I just logged in to say I can confirm this. However, the Pone script is not at fault, but changes in Discogs are. Igor Shergin is on top of this, thank you for pointing stuff out for us code illiterates. <3

QUOTE (Igor Shergin @ Aug 14 2010, 09:30) *
Yet another Discogs update - they added some junk to release_id sell link. This fix works for me:

# Discogs_Release_ID
outputto "Discogs_Release_ID"
-findline "release_id="
-findinline "release_id="
+findline "link rel=\"canonical\""
+findinline "/release/"
saynextnumber

QUOTE (Igor Shergin @ Aug 15 2010, 19:18) *
One more update on Discogs. :-)
Change all "gotoline 2" to "gotoline 3".

I haven't verified if these fixes work with Pone yet, will do so soon. If anyone beats me to the punch, please let us know your findings.

Edit: Forgot to mention. For example the freeware tool Notepad++ has a nicely working "search and replace" function, which you can use to quickly complete the second fix, at least.

This post has been edited by aeris: Aug 16 2010, 16:30

+Quote Post
pone
post Aug 16 2010, 17:45
Post #18

Member No.: 9103
Mp3tag Version: 2.59b

I have updated the script.
Newest version is 2.3.
See starting post for download.

Besides the adaptions to the changes at discogs i have also made some additional changes:

1.:
Publisher and Catalog # will now be written in multivalue tags if there is more than one. Don't forget to do a second saving (just press ctrl + s / strg + s) after running the script, otherwise you will have just one tag with "\\" between the two (or more) values.

2.:
There are five new scripts for new seach methods:
Album + Label
Album + Year
Artist + Year
Label + Catalog #
Standard Search

edit:
Thank you aeris for carrying. I also read Igor Shergin's advices and was already testing when you wrote this. His fixes worked perfectly. I hope you didn't do the same work at the same time. Anyway, nice to see your help.

This post has been edited by pone: Aug 16 2010, 17:50

+Quote Post
aeris
post Aug 17 2010, 09:16
Post #19

QUOTE (pone @ Aug 16 2010, 18:45) *
Thank you aeris for caring. I also read Igor Shergin's advices and was already testing when you wrote this. His fixes worked perfectly. I hope you didn't do the same work at the same time. Anyway, nice to see your help.

Nope, I just stumbled on the problem yesterday. My plan was to carry out and test the fixes later this evening, but I see you're already on top of it. I installed your new version this morning and like you said, the fixes work perfectly, as do your new features.

Thank you, Dano et al for doing your great work. For us information addicts, your work cuts the time needed to grind those tags by 80% or more :)

+Quote Post
pone
post Nov 3 2010, 16:55
Post #20

Update 2.4:

updated: I changed BAND to ALBUMARTIST according to the changes in Mp3Tag v 2.46d. This only affects the way the tags are named inside Mp3Tag. For other media players or any other applications the tags keep the same. See here for more information:
http://forums.mp3tag.de/index.php?showtopi...ost&p=49884

new search: direct by URL

fixed: Label with a leading "The" in the name are now changed from "Label, The" to "The Label".

fixed: Labels with a comma in the name have been writen as two different Labels in multivalue tags before.

see starting post for download

This post has been edited by pone: Nov 9 2010, 15:36

+Quote Post
Windjammer
post Nov 13 2010, 02:09
Post #21

Member No.: 1756
Mp3tag Version: 2.56

Amazing work on this script! Thanks for taking the time! /WJ

+Quote Post
pone
post Nov 25 2010, 05:06
Post #22

I'm thinking about stripping off the double tagging for this script.

I would abandon ALBUM ARTIST and keep ALBUMARTIST.
And I would abandon COMMENT and keep CATALOG #.

People who don't like this changes could remap their tag fields in mp3tag at menu > tools > tags > mapping.
Or they can edit my scripts, of course. But they would have to edit it again at every update.

Any thoughts about that? Are their any users of this script whose mp3 collection would get muddled by this change?

+Quote Post
aeris
post Nov 25 2010, 16:47
Post #23

QUOTE (pone @ Nov 25 2010, 06:06) *
I'm thinking about stripping off the double tagging for this script.

I would abandon ALBUM ARTIST and keep ALBUMARTIST.
And I would abandon COMMENT and keep CATALOG #.

Any thoughts about that? Are their any users of this script whose mp3 collection would get muddled by this change?

I'm still using 2.3, sorry if anything I say is irrelevant. I guess I'll hold on from upgrading until you've made your decision :) I'm going to refer to ID3 specification a few times. I'm aware there are other tag specifications out there, it's just that ID3 is most widespread.

The ID3 design between TPE1/TPE2/TPE3 fields is quite clear on their difference. Then again, ID3 specification doesn't even feature an actual "Album Artist" tag field x) I believe people rarely bother to use ARTIST field for the lead singer and BAND for the actual band, this is propably what Florian was thinking when he decided to change BAND->ALBUMARTIST.

I wouldn't have BAND fields unless your script updated them, and I usually have the exact same information in all your three tags. We do need an extra tag when track artist and "global artist" do not match, so BAND will be abused for this requirement from now on. A third tag is unnecessary. Mp3Tag doesn't feature spaces in any other internal tag fields, so your field is kind of a lone monster in there, anyway. I support removing ALBUM ARTIST.

I also support removing COMMENT regarding catalogue numbers, but I'd like to say something about the tag field in general:

Personally, I edited your script to put release notes in COMMENT instead of LYRICS since that's what ID3 COMM is for, and I never understood why you wanted to create a separate field for it. Furthermore, I don't understand what LYRICS is? Does Mp3Tag create a Lyrics3 tag out of it? This would only be compatible with ID3v1. Otherwise ID3v2 has USLT -> UNSYNCHEDLYRICS in Mp3Tag and SYTL/SYTC for synched lyrics. Vorbis Comments, for example, doesn't have lyrics at all.

I am aware a lot of your tags do not conform with any standards, in any case I use foobar2000 at home so I can handle, sort and search with any tag I want. I presume dano/pone scripts never had iTunes/WMP/etc users in mind.

This comments/lyrics thing just always struck me as odd, since most hardware players do not even attempt to read these fields, but do read ID3 COMM field - enabling you to see some trivia about the record playing. I'm propably nitpicking, but this is just a thought on compatibility. I see no reason for a person taking his or her MP3s on the road to require catalogue numbers; home users or DJs would have a computer, so they can search it from CATALOG # implemented here.

However, some trivia might be nice while you're letting another person listen to a cool track off your iPod. If you're not going to use COMM for the catalogue anymore, do consider making the switch from LYRICS to COMMENT for release info :)

Last but not least, I see you're mainly worried your changes might cause harm to some users. You wouldn't be rewriting the functions within the code, but removing parts of it: just comment it out and include directions on how to bring it back? Since Mp3Tag can edit tag names just as easily as fields themselves, updating the collection to these new changes is child's play.

+Quote Post
aeris
post Nov 25 2010, 17:04
Post #24

Oh wait, I got one more since I came here. This one's a bug report:

The vertical bar | gets parsed as a slash / when data is retrieved from Discogs. This is mainly (or only?) evident when grabbing data for the M|A|R|R|S release (try here).

I presume this applies to dano script also, just reporting it here since this version's the one I use. A bug of smallest possible importance, but a bug anyway :)

+Quote Post
pone
post Nov 25 2010, 18:14
Post #25

Thank you for your answer. Nice to see that people are using my script.

When I first wrote this script I was using WinAmp am my goal was to get the information from dano's script and some extras into tag which WinAmp could read.
That's why I wrote the Catalog Number into Comment. (I'm a maniac collector of elctronic music and just like it if I can sort my label collections acording the catalog number).
And I displayed the Discogs Notes & Comments in USLT/UNSYNCEDLYRICS because it is the only field where multiline comments can be displayed without opening some a extra file properties dialog. (I never used LYRICS, when I wrote this at some places above i was just a little uncorrect).
I used BAND (now ALBUMARTIST) and ALBUM ARTIST because I have seen it like that in dano's script and just kept it. I chose to write it also for single-artist releases because WinAmp used to autocomplete the TPE2 column if it was empty with the TPE1 value.

Somewhere in between I switched to foobar and was more than happy to be able to display every tag i want. But I kept a lot of thing in the script for consistency. And it was only after Florian's switch of the name for TPE2 from BAND to ALBUMARTIST, that I understood the concept of frames behind tag names, that there are some standard and the others are TXXX:...

So the none standard tags of my script are:
Album Artist
Discogs_Release_ID
Discogs_Mediatype
Catalog #
Country
Track Temp

I think I will remove ALBUM ARTIST. I will keep the rest as I think these are usefull informations and there are no standard fields for them as far as i know. CATALOG # is used by some online music shops, so it's a quite common non standard tag.

The misused tags/frames are:
Albumartist / TPE2
Comment / COMM
Mixartist / TPE4
Unsyncedlyrics / USLT

I will stick to Albumartist/TPE2 as it is the common tag for it in most players. I will also keep it for single-artist releases, because I only see disadvantages of having it not there.

I only recently discovered that there is the standard tag INVOLVEDPEOPLE/IPLS which is made for exactly the thing i used MIXARTIST/TPE4 now. It is thought to be filled like this: Role1:Person1;Role2:Person2;.. for example: Remixer:Arist 1;Keyboards:Artist2;... I could write the script to present the information which is now in MIXARTIST/TPE4 like this. But as I tested the tag (without script), I could no get Mp3Tag to write it in such a way that foobar could read it correct. If somebody could help me with that, i could change that.

I would like to remove Comment/COMM completly as there are often interesting informations which are overwritten by my script. And since I can display CATALOG # now, I don't need it anymore.

I will stick to UNSYNCEDLYRICS/USLT for Discogs Notes & Credits because I just like the way they are displayed with a Lyrics Plugin in almost all software players.
This reflects of course my personal taste. Others won't like it that my script overwrites their lyrics when present. I never have made the effort to collect lyrics for my music, so I don't care much about that.
If there is any way to read multiline fields in foobar without opening a extra file properties dialog, I would think about writing Discogs Notes & Credits in to an extra custom field.

As you said, people can edit the tag name in mp3tag and also edit my script to redirect the output to other tags. I just wanted to hear what people think about it to avoid bad surprises for the users of the script.

+Quote Post
pone
post Nov 25 2010, 18:27
Post #26

ZITAT(aeris @ Nov 25 2010, 17:04) *
Oh wait, I got one more since I came here. This one's a bug report:

The vertical bar | gets parsed as a slash / when data is retrieved from Discogs. This is mainly (or only?) evident when grabbing data for the M|A|R|R|S release (try here).

I presume this applies to dano script also, just reporting it here since this version's the one I use. A bug of smallest possible importance, but a bug anyway smile.gif

That's deliberate, because | is used by the script to mark the beginning of the next value when writing the track information. M|A|R|R|S would written "M" to artist, "A" to title, "R" to _lenght and "R|S" to mixartist if | was not replaced with /.
I think i took this from dano's script.

+Quote Post
aeris
post Nov 28 2010, 18:07
Post #27

QUOTE (pone @ Nov 25 2010, 19:14) *
I will stick to Albumartist/TPE2 as it is the common tag for it in most players. I will also keep it for single-artist releases, because I only see disadvantages of having it not there.

Agreed. I didn't know Winamp updates it automatically, I stopped using it after 2.95 or so. In any case, it's no good sortingwise if some files feature a tag field but others don't, so if the script uses it at all it should be a constant.

I only recently discovered that there is the standard tag INVOLVEDPEOPLE/IPLS which is made for exactly the thing i used MIXARTIST/TPE4 now. But as I tested the tag (without script), I could no get Mp3Tag to write it in such a way that foobar could read it correct. If somebody could help me with that, i could change that.

I did some testing, and searched through fb2k forums. Didn't get very far though, posts regarding IPLS are mainly from 2006. It seems foobar2000 simply has trouble supporting IPLS (without third-party components?) I might try my luck again tomorrow or so. I did see %involvedpeople% variable in one post, but have no idea how far fb2k supports it. My quick attempt at creating a custom column for it yielded no results.

However, do consider the situation with TPE2: as no one really updates the tag with Band information using TPE2 for Album Artist has become the de facto standard, no matter what the ID3 specification says. In a similar notion, it seems counterproductive to enforce the "right" tag instead of TPE4, when using it requires extensive work and even sophisticated players have trouble supporting it. TPE4 works out of the box like intended.

Personally, my files have multiple TPE1/2 fields with all involved artists in order of importance like this:

CODE
[TPE1]Artist Alias featuring Singer[/TPE1]
[TPE1]Artist[/TPE1]
[TPE1]Singer[/TPE1]
[TPE1]Mixartist[/TPE1]
[TPE2]...

I have no idea if having multiple TPE1/2 fields are "allowed" in ID3 specs (nor do I know, if GENRE is allowed either). Still, this works like a charm regarding foobar, since all music one artist is featured on will always have one tag, where I keep writing him/her exactly the same across multiple files. Using a consistent name is especially important with certain electronic musicians, who might have used some 50 aliases during their career.

Foobar is quite happy with multiple tag fields with the same name. I cannot guarantee Itunes/Winamp/WMP wouldn't choke if you feed them the file, though. Anyway, this method is the only one I know to prevent an artist getting hidden behind multiple "featuring", "versus", "remix", etc combinations. I'm pretty sure this could be easy to automate within a script like yours, but haven't given it that much thought due to lack of coding skills. I'm updating those tags by hand.

I would like to remove Comment/COMM completly as there are often interesting informations which are overwritten by my script. And since I can display CATALOG # now, I don't need it anymore. [...] If there is any way to read multiline fields in foobar without opening a extra file properties dialog, I would think about writing Discogs Notes & Credits in to an extra custom field.

Multiline tag fields are essentially the same, only their name changes. This could be done by simply modifying a lyrics plugin, I believe foobar has some script-based ones around. I'm no expert on the matter, though. If overwriting is the main problem here, couldn't the script be modified to append to a field, instead of replacing it?

In any case, as I said before I see no need to add catalogue numbers to COMM, if it is already in CATALOGUE #. If the tag is in use by commercial vendors it's already more or less de facto standard regardless of ID3 spec. If you want to keep using USLT for release notes and CATALOGUE # for cat information, COMM becomes irrelevant.

As you said, people can edit the tag name in mp3tag and also edit my script to redirect the output to other tags. I just wanted to hear what people think about it to avoid bad surprises for the users of the script.

I guess most people are less enthusiastic about the information aspect, they just want their music fix :) I suspect not many commoners frequent on these forums, either. I only checked if ponemod has a new version out, since I had to come here to update Mp3tag. The script simply works so well, there is not much room to make requests or complaints.

This post has been edited by aeris: Nov 28 2010, 18:17

+Quote Post
pone
post Nov 30 2010, 03:56
Post #28

ZITAT(aeris @ Nov 28 2010, 18:07) *
However, do consider the situation with TPE2: as no one really updates the tag with Band information using TPE2 for Album Artist has become the de facto standard, no matter what the ID3 specification says. In a similar notion, it seems counterproductive to enforce the "right" tag instead of TPE4, when using it requires extensive work and even sophisticated players have trouble supporting it. TPE4 works out of the box like intended.

That's also the way i think about it.

ZITAT
Personally, my files have multiple TPE1/2 fields with all involved artists in order of importance like this:

QUELLTEXT
[TPE1]Artist Alias featuring Singer[/TPE1]
[TPE1]Artist[/TPE1]
[TPE1]Singer[/TPE1]
[TPE1]Mixartist[/TPE1]
[TPE2]...

I have no idea if having multiple TPE1/2 fields are "allowed" in ID3 specs (nor do I know, if GENRE is allowed either). Still, this works like a charm regarding foobar, since all music one artist is featured on will always have one tag, where I keep writing him/her exactly the same across multiple files. Using a consistent name is especially important with certain electronic musicians, who might have used some 50 aliases during their career.

Foobar is quite happy with multiple tag fields with the same name. I cannot guarantee Itunes/Winamp/WMP wouldn't choke if you feed them the file, though. Anyway, this method is the only one I know to prevent an artist getting hidden behind multiple "featuring", "versus", "remix", etc combinations. I'm pretty sure this could be easy to automate within a script like yours, but haven't given it that much thought due to lack of coding skills. I'm updating those tags by hand.

I know the problem of various artist aliases and various ways to write these aliases.
With the script I can get only information which is stored at the release page at discogs. And this is only the alias used for this release plus the main way to write it when an alternative way is used for the release. When I first wrote the script I thought I will use always the main way to write it. But after scanning through discogs release pages I desided against it. Because there are some artist whose discogs main spelling is very uncommon, e.g. Len Faki is called Levent Faki at discogs. And other names which I would describe as different aliases are regarded by discogs as a spelling variation of the same alias, e.g. Len Series is regarded by discogs of a name variation of Levent Faki.
I'm thinking about getting the main variation of a discog name in an extra tag for a long time. I would call that tag MAIN NAME SPELLING or simply AKA. But I don't feel it's really necessary, so I haven't done yet.
At the moment I just take what discog gives me. This is the way the name is presented on the actuall physical release, what I take as a way of artistic expression of the artist if he has different ways to write his name. And as such i respect it and don't change it.
This is quite a mess for the media library of course. But I rarely do manual changes on the artists name. From time to time I add a different alias of the artist into MIXARTIST when I have the feeling I would never remind again that alias x is artist y.

ZITAT
Multiline tag fields are essentially the same, only their name changes. This could be done by simply modifying a lyrics plugin, I believe foobar has some script-based ones around. I'm no expert on the matter, though. If overwriting is the main problem here, couldn't the script be modified to append to a field, instead of replacing it?

I must confess I didn't check proper before. Going through the settings of the lyrics plugin I had already installed (Lyrics Show Panel 2 / foo_uie_lyrics2) I see now that I can choose every tag I want to be displayed.
Appending information to an existing field is not possible with web sources scripts in Mp3Tag. Maybe this would be the perfect solution.
Dano's original script stored this into DISCOGS_CREDITS and DISCOGS_NOTES. Seeing now that i could display every field i want in foobar as multiline filed, I could combine this into something like DISCOGS_NOTES_&_CREDITS. Personally I don't care much, but I would have to run a format value action over a big amount of files to get my already tagged files into the new format. Also it was the original idea of my script to get the basic information into tags which most players can read. But on the other side notes & credits are not that basic.
So I would prefer to keep it the way it is. Would be interesting what other users of the script think about it.

ZITAT
The script simply works so well, there is not much room to make requests or complaints.

Thank you very much!!!

This post has been edited by pone: Nov 30 2010, 14:12

+Quote Post
pone
post Dec 6 2010, 23:28
Post #29

Update 2.5:

Another Update.
The main changes are that i removed ALBUM ARTIST and COMMENT from the script, and added a version of the script for those don't like the changes of tag field names since Mp3Tag v2.46d. I didn't think this is necessary, but as I watched the download numbers of both versions of my script before, I noticed that the old version had roughly as many downloads as the new one.
The other changes are mainly to optimize the different search modes.

Here are all changes in detail:

CHANGED: I removed the tag ALBUM ARTIST and COMMENT from the script. Both tags just repeated information which was already stored in other tag, ALBUMARTIST and CATALOG #, to name them.

NEW: A complete version of the script as extra download which uses BAND instead of ALBUMARTIST for the people who don't want the update of the newest Mp3Tag version.

NEW: The List of Search Results dialog of the search scripts shows now if the release has a cover picture or not. This does not work for the api-list scripts

NEW: Another search script: Search by (Album)Artist. Can be usefull if you have only a discogs arist name variation and do not know the discogs main artist name, as in that case you don't get results in the API-List for the artist.

CHANGED: I renamed some of the scripts for a better descibing of the way they search.

CHANGED: In "search by label and cat #" " ", "-" & "#" are deleted for search. This gives you better search results.

CHANGED: %artist% & %publisher% which begin with "The" are transformed into "Name, The" for search in "API-List Artist" & "API-List Label"

CHANGED: %albumartist% & %artist% which begin with "The" are stripped off the "The" for search in the five "Search by (Album)Artist + ..." scripts.

CHANGED: if %albumartist% is "va" it will be changed to "Various" for search in the four "Search by Artist + ..." scripts.

CHANGED: in the four search scripts which use %album%, %album% is stripped off everything in and after brackets () & [] and "-" & "_" are replaced by " ".

FIXED: Standard Search failed before when discogs master release pages were found. Now they are shown and can be chosen for preview in browser, but not parsed by the script.

FIXED: artist & titles were mixed up when a track artist was given only for some tracks. (basically these are wrong formated discogs sites, e.g. here: http://www.discogs.com/release/1661911 ). Now the script takes the albumartist as artist for those tracks with missing track artist.

FIXED: in the html discogs adds some extra spaces in the middle catalog numbers which are not visible on their pages. these spaces are cleaned out now by the script.

FIXED: if the albumartist has " - " in it, the script has added the last part of the albumartist to the album before. now they are splitted correctly. Example Pages which made problems before:
http://www.discogs.com/Gut-Bargeld-Die-Son.../release/211040
http://www.discogs.com/Farmlopez-The--A-%C.../release/877466
http://www.discogs.com/A-Joy-Projects-Splash/release/123766

TECHNICAL CHANGES:
- The API scripts use now my own API key. Before I copied the one form dano's script because I had no idea what a api-key is and how to get it.
- The way how the script checks if there are more than one genres is much simpler now. Maybe this results in a faster script.
- The splitting of the tracklist parsing into a VA-mode and a Single-Artist-Mode has been changed to one parising for all releases.
- I had been over exactly with writing comments into the script where I changed what and what each line does. I removed most of them in favor of a clearer structur of the script.

- see starting post for download -

This post has been edited by pone: Dec 7 2010, 19:07

+Quote Post
anapro
post Dec 14 2010, 14:23
Post #30

Group: Members
Member No.: 13406
Mp3tag Version: 2.47b

These scripts are amazing!

I am using Search by (Album)Artist + Title
Is there a way to reduce the number of search results?

I would like to skip a search result if the year is missing or there is no cover.
I would also like to sort by year ascending.

How do you code this?

+Quote Post

42 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 12:05