IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

42 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [WS] Discogs (pone mod), all discogs information in tags & lyrics, based on dano's scri
Beluna
post Apr 6 2011, 21:04
Post #61

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 11832
Mp3tag Version: 2.45b

A few questions and clarifications while awaiting Discogs to come back up.

1. Will the 2.7 script be usable? I know they change alot, and I've just configured the 2.7 the way I like it. So, will it still work?

2. Following the instructions as I understood them to install 3.0...Where will the new 3.0 SRC be stored?

I may have gotten something wrong. Currently I still have the 2.7 SRC within the Source folder.

What I'm expecting to happen is , I select an MP3, click the Discog Pone under action and see a list of SRC for 3.0 modify and a folder is created under source - now - for 3.0.

What am I missing?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pone
post Apr 6 2011, 22:12
Post #62

Member No.: 9103
Mp3tag Version: 2.59b

ZITAT(Beluna @ Apr 6 2011, 22:04) *

1. Will the 2.7 script be usable? I know they change alot, and I've just configured the 2.7 the way I like it. So, will it still work?

2. Following the instructions as I understood them to install 3.0...Where will the new 3.0 SRC be stored?

I may have gotten something wrong. Currently I still have the 2.7 SRC within the Source folder.

What I'm expecting to happen is , I select an MP3, click the Discog Pone under action and see a list of SRC for 3.0 modify and a folder is created under source - now - for 3.0.

What am I missing?

The 2.7 Script is not working anymore, right? The next working version will be 3.1. Maybe tonight.
Just tell me the things you configured in 2.7. I will built them into the new one as easy opitons.

You are right so far.
In any case after download & extract the zip file, you have first move the files into the mp3tag folder.
In the new version it's not the sources folder anymore, but actions and export. But I have included the folders structure in the zip, so it's enough if you move it all to %appdata%\mp3tag.
After exporting the web source script, the new files will be automatically stored in the right folder if you have Mp3tag 2.48a or newer. Otherwise they turn up in a new folder called $getenv(appdata) and you have to move them again.

This post has been edited by pone: Apr 6 2011, 22:13

+Quote Post
Beluna
post Apr 6 2011, 23:33
Post #63

Member No.: 11832
Mp3tag Version: 2.45b

I'm up to speed. As I was looking for temp music I downloaded, I noticed this file $getenv(appdata) and realize it was creating the scripts in the tem p locating... then reading further I understood a beta version was available... hopefully, it's start to sync up.

Has any come up with a method to get the profile/member data from Discog. I've added a Tag which shows the group members... If not, I'm currently manually inputting the data.

thanks..

Exceleent Script.

QUOTE (Beluna @ Apr 6 2011, 22:04) *

What am I missing?

+Quote Post
pone
post Apr 7 2011, 14:55
Post #64

Back in the game! Updated to 3.1 and working!

There are also a few improvements again:

New Field: Totaltracks
This gives you the number of the tracks of the release. You can set the field to TOTALTRACKS, what is a standard filed vor .m4a files. All other files store the totaltracks in the TRACK field like 1/18, 2/18, ..., this can't be done automatically via web script. But the information might be good anyway, because you see if your album is complete or not.

New Field: Rating
The rating from discogs.com. I don't care, but maybe you do.

New Fields: Totaldiscs, Mediatype, Releasetype
These fields split the infromation from the Format field which was already written. You can write all four fields or only some of them. Do as you like.
Format has always the full information.
The information from Totaldiscs, Mediatype, Releasetype are connected with ";" if you set them to the same field.

Changed: The new scripts will not have the version number in the name anymore. By this, you don't have to delete the old scripts manually. You still have to delete the discogs pone mod 3.0 scripts this time. But in the future they will always be called discogs pone mod.
You can check the version of you script now in the Adjust Tag Information Window when you use the web script. Additonally the version is stated in the TITLE field of the Discogs Pone Web Script Settings.mp3 file.

New: Action Group Update Settings Mp3 File
You need this group if you have your settings already stored in a Discogs Pone Web Script Settings.mp3 file downloaded with an earlier version of the script (i.e. v.3.0). In this case, this action group adds the new field to the file without deleting your settings you have made before.
You can see to what version your Discogs Pone Web Script Settings.mp3 file is updated in its ARTIST field.

Fixed: The automatic search term replacements for the API-List Artist script changed Terms like Queens Of The Stone Age to Queens of Stone Age, The. That has been fixed, now only name with The at the begin are changed. The same goes for the API-List Label script.

Improved: The automatic search term replacements for the Search by... scripts which use Album has been improved.

Fixed: If you set the options of the scripts to write Barcodes in a extra field and Other Identifiers to the Pone Multiline Field (UNSYNCEDLYRICS per default) and the release has only a Barcode without Other Identifiers, the headline "Other Identifiers:" was written to the Pone Multiline Field nevertheless. This has changed now.

Changed: Extra Artists are now written "Remix by: Name" instead of "Remix by - Name"

Tell me if you find some problems. The scripts has become pretty complicated, so it gets harder for me to check all eventuallities.

As always: Download is in the starting post and your feedback is welcome!

This post has been edited by pone: Apr 7 2011, 15:59

+Quote Post
Laney
post Apr 7 2011, 15:56
Post #65

Member No.: 9886
Mp3tag Version: 2.56

Ho Pone,

Just tweaked to my liking & tried out your script - it seems to be working really well. biggrin.gif

Thanks again for your work on this - it's appreciated.

+Quote Post
KrissO
post Apr 7 2011, 18:22
Post #66

Member No.: 12134
Mp3tag Version: 2.46a

I previously used Pufas' script (I think), but I forgot to back up the app data before I formated :/ Now I can't remember my setup since I modified stuff a bit.

So I'm giving this one a shot instead. Can someone describe or link me to a step by step how to use this script? Thanks!

+Quote Post
pone
post Apr 7 2011, 19:26
Post #67

ZITAT(KrissO @ Apr 7 2011, 19:22) *
Can someone describe or link me to a step by step how to use this script? Thanks!

What points are unclear?
I gave a step by step instruction in the starting post:
http://forums.mp3tag.de/index.php?showtopi...ost&p=41277

+Quote Post
chodor
post Apr 8 2011, 01:45
Post #68

Member No.: 11017
Mp3tag Version: 2.49

QUOTE (pone @ Apr 7 2011, 15:55) *
As always: Download is in the starting post and your feedback is welcome!

First of all - thanks so much for the script - it seems it's the only working Mp3tag Discogs script right now. Much appreciated!

As to the feedback there seems to be a small bug on Windows 7 (newest Mp3tag version) - the action "Create Scripts" instead of pasting the new script files in proper folders creates new folder "$getenv(appdata)/Mp3tag/..." - I just pasted the files into proper folder- no problem for me wink.gif

BTW I was wondering - are you using the Discogs API in your scripts? Or are you just parsing HTML files?

+Quote Post
pone
post Apr 8 2011, 02:32
Post #69

ZITAT(chodor @ Apr 8 2011, 02:45) *
First of all - thanks so much for the script - it seems it's the only working Mp3tag Discogs script right now. Much appreciated!

As to the feedback there seems to be a small bug on Windows 7 (newest Mp3tag version) - the action "Create Scripts" instead of pasting the new script files in proper folders creates new folder "$getenv(appdata)/Mp3tag/..." - I just pasted the files into proper folder- no problem for me wink.gif

BTW I was wondering - are you using the Discogs API in your scripts? Or are you just parsing HTML files?

That "bug" depends not on the Windows version but on the Mp3tag version. I think with newest version you mean 2.48. But there is a newer development build 2.48b:
http://forums.mp3tag.de/index.php?showtopi...dpost&p=180
I was a bit quick to use the new scripting funtion $getenv() there, which gives you automatically the right program folder with $getenv(appdata)/Mp3tag/ (in fact, this new function brought me to the idea to make the web scripts out of export scripts).
When you have a older version, the scripting function is not recognized and you get a new folder as you describe.

I parse the HTML files with my script. API is used only be some of the search modes. Maybe I should switch to API completly, that would more stable. But I would have to set them up completly new. But I was already thinking about switching to API this time when discogs changed their script. I've had to change so much things with this freaky html code, maybe it would have been easier to switch to the clear structure of the API sites.

+Quote Post
andrevs
post Apr 8 2011, 09:11
Post #70

Member No.: 14162
Mp3tag Version: 2.54

Thx for spending the time and writing a very useful script.
I'm trying to use the option total_tracks and changed it from no to TRACK. If I'm correct it is supposed to combine the track and total count in the field track (as 1/16, 2/16 etc). But it doesn't seem to work, it just gives me 1, 2, 3 etc. What do I do wrong? And can it be changed to add leading zero's (01/16, 02/16, etc)
I am aware this can be done with a command as
(format "TRACK":$num(%track%,2)/$num(%_total_files%,2)) which I use currently.

This post has been edited by andrevs: Apr 8 2011, 10:46

+Quote Post
chodor
post Apr 8 2011, 10:44
Post #71

Member No.: 11017
Mp3tag Version: 2.49

QUOTE (pone @ Apr 8 2011, 03:32) *
That "bug" depends not on the Windows version but on the Mp3tag version. I think with newest version you mean 2.48. But there is a newer development build 2.48b:
http://forums.mp3tag.de/index.php?showtopi...dpost&p=180
I was a bit quick to use the new scripting funtion $getenv() there, which gives you automatically the right program folder with $getenv(appdata)/Mp3tag/ (in fact, this new function brought me to the idea to make the web scripts out of export scripts).
When you have a older version, the scripting function is not recognized and you get a new folder as you describe.

All clear, I have the stable one from the main page.

QUOTE (pone @ Apr 8 2011, 03:32) *
I parse the HTML files with my script. API is used only be some of the search modes. Maybe I should switch to API completly, that would more stable. But I would have to set them up completly new. But I was already thinking about switching to API this time when discogs changed their script. I've had to change so much things with this freaky html code, maybe it would have been easier to switch to the clear structure of the API sites.

Yes, I'm sure the API version would be much more stable - the Discogs ALL script is still working in the 'getting the data' part even though it hasn't been updated since January (unfortunately XML conversion part seems to be buggy right now). Changing would surely take some time but I suppose updates would be much less time consuming in long run. Anyway, thanks!

+Quote Post
pone
post Apr 8 2011, 12:11
Post #72

ZITAT(andrevs @ Apr 8 2011, 10:11) *
Thx for spending the time and writing a very useful script.
I'm trying to use the option total_tracks and changed it from no to TRACK. If I'm correct it is supposed to combine the track and total count in the field track (as 1/16, 2/16 etc). But it doesn't seem to work, it just gives me 1, 2, 3 etc. What do I do wrong? And can it be changed to add leading zero's (01/16, 02/16, etc)
I am aware this can be done with a command as
(format "TRACK":$num(%track%,2)/$num(%_total_files%,2)) which I use currently.

TRACK and TITLE are the only fields which can't be changed in the options. This is because they have a special function within the Mp3tag Web Sources Scripts Language.
I have tried to overgo this, but without success. The TRACK field can't be changed in it's outfit. It's always 1, 2, 3, .. without leading zeros and total tracks.

If you want your 01/16, 02/16, you still have to format it after using the web script.
The only thing which you can do there is setting DISCOGS_TOTALTRACKS to TOTALTRACKS and using
format "TRACK":$num(%track%,2)/$num(%totaltracks%,2) afterwards. By that, the total tracks would depend on the number of tracks from discogs and you see if your album is incomplete or has bonus tracks.

Things are different for m4a files. There the TRACK field can't be written 01/16. It is always splitted in two fields and the second is called TOTALTRACKS. And this can be written by the web sources script.

+Quote Post
Krapfen
post Apr 8 2011, 20:07
Post #73

Member No.: 13428
Mp3tag Version: 2.47b

Thank you for your script and keeping it up to date so fast.

I still get some empty and <Error> tags, when the "Released:" field is missing, like this one: "http://www.discogs.com/release/2117497".

And would it be possible, to make an option for changing the "va" in the script building settings?

+Quote Post
pone
post Apr 8 2011, 20:24
Post #74

ZITAT(Krapfen @ Apr 8 2011, 21:07) *
Thank you for your script and keeping it up to date so fast.

I still get some empty and <Error> tags, when the "Released:" field is missing, like this one: "http://www.discogs.com/release/2117497".

And would it be possible, to make an option for changing the "va" in the script building settings?

Thanks for reporting. Will be updated tomorrow.

What do you want for "va"? The original "Various"? I can make a option for that.

+Quote Post
Krapfen
post Apr 8 2011, 23:53
Post #75

Member No.: 13428
Mp3tag Version: 2.47b

QUOTE (pone @ Apr 8 2011, 20:24) *
Thanks for reporting. Will be updated tomorrow.

What do you want for "va"? The original "Various"? I can make a option for that.

I want it just upper case, thank you. Maybe other people want something different.

+Quote Post

42 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 02:57