IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Notice!

Please take a minute to check our Frequently Asked Questions. Use Search to reveal possible related topics.

Also make sure you've read the Forum Guidelines before posting in this forum.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Find album using scripts
Morpheus
post Apr 27 2010, 01:28
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12316
Mp3tag Version: 2.46

First post here.

I have been using MP3tag v2.46 for a few weeks now, just using the basic features, no scripts, or anything like that. My problem is that some of the music that I have does not have the correct Album information, so I have been going through each song one by one, and looking the Album up on Amazon. I was searching here on the forums just to see if there was a way to do this in Mp3tag using scripts, when I found this topic.

My question is, is there a way to automate the process of finding the correct Album using scripts in Mp3tag?

Also, I do a little bit of scripting in AutoHotKey (not to be confused with the scripts in Mp3tag), and I have automated the process somewhat as described by the OP above. I can highlight text, and use Ctrl-S to look up the text in Amazon, or I can use Ctrl-G to Google the text, or Ctrl-W to do a Google site search on Wikipedia.

If there is no better way to do what I need to do, I will continue along my current path. If anybody is interested, I can refine my script, and post the code for other users to try, and suggest improvements.

Thanks for Mp3Tag! :-)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
stanman
post Apr 27 2010, 20:19
Post #2

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 11538
Mp3tag Version: 2.49

QUOTE (Morpheus @ Apr 26 2010, 20:28) *
I was searching here on the forums just to see if there was a way to do this in Mp3tag using scripts, when I found this topic.

What topic? Did you leave out the link?

QUOTE (Morpheus @ Apr 26 2010, 20:28) *
I can refine my script, and post the code for other users to try, and suggest improvements.

I use AutoHotkey quite a bit, I'd like to see your script. I like anything that can speed up the tagging process.

+Quote Post
Morpheus
post Apr 28 2010, 01:26
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 12316
Mp3tag Version: 2.46

I originally replied to this topic:
http://forums.mp3tag.de/index.php?showtopi...opid=46672&
One of the Mods must have move my post, and started a new topic for me.

I cleaned up the script a bit. Since you are familiar with AHK, I have attached 7z file with both an exe file, and a copy of the source. It works well for me, using Win7 / IE8. I haven't tested on anything else.

My filenames are in [Artist] - [Title] format. The sequence that I use to find an album goes like this:

1. Click on a row to highlight the row.
2. Click again on the filename to change to edit mode (where you can enter/edit text)
3. Ctrl + Shift + A = Tag Sources > Amazon
4. If Mp3tag finds a suitable album, go with it! (Go to step1 )
5. If not use one of the key combo below for various search types. (in order of preference)
A. Ctrl + Shift + W = Search > Google Site: Wikipedia
B. Ctrl + Shift + D = Search > Discography from Wikipedia
C. Ctrl + Shift + G = Search > Google
6. Highlight text on search page
7. Ctrl + Shift + A = Tag Sources > Amazon

And keep repeating until finished. The script will switch windows for you. I could automate it some more, by having it perform a search automatically if an album is not found by using Ctrl + Shift + A in step 3.

If you have any ideas for improvement, I would like to hear them, and if You make any changes to the code, please share.

Ok the upload failed. Says I can't upload a 7z file. I will work on it, If I have to I'll post a link.
http://www.mediafire.com/?mz1dlcttkij

This post has been edited by Morpheus: Apr 28 2010, 01:43

+Quote Post
stanman
post May 1 2010, 17:01
Post #4

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 11538
Mp3tag Version: 2.49

Well I got your script to work after a couple minor changes to this:

Sleep, 50
Click, 205 35
Sleep, 50
Click, 238, 110

It wouldn't work because the coordinates were off. That's why I try to avoid clicking by coordinates if at all possible, keystrokes are more reliable. So I changed it to:

Sleep, 50
Send, {Alt}s ;Clicks Tag Sources
Sleep, 50
Send, {Down 2} ;Highlights Amazon.com
Sleep, 50
Send, {Enter} ;Opens the search box

After that it was working well with Amazon. When I have some more time I'll test searching the other sites. I use Firefox so I might have to make a few changes for that.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2014 - 09:07