IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Notice!

Please take a minute to check our Frequently Asked Questions. Use Search to reveal possible related topics.

Also make sure you've read the Forum Guidelines before posting in this forum.

> Automating a huge tag copy & paste operation
fumble
post Nov 23 2010, 00:42
Post #1

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 13274
Mp3tag Version: 2.47b

Hello,

One of the things I love about mp3tag is that when I use the copy and paste feature, it copies 100% of my tags. "Non-standard tags" (like the ones Musicbrainz Picard inserts) are preserved when using copy and paste. I love it! Kudos to the mp3tag team on that one. Now onto my issue.

I have need to copy and paste tags from one set of files to another set of files. My issue is that I'm working with over 11,000 files. Is there a way that I can automate the copy and paste operation? The standard Ctrl-C / Ctrl-V is not going to cut it when we're talking about 11,000 files. I may have need to perform this big tag copy in the future, so doing it manually is out of the question. Can the copy and paste functionality be accessed via the command line? If so, I could script this. Any ideas?

Just to be clear, I'm looking to copy 100% of my tags, not just a few fields like artist, album, etc. It is my understanding that the Tag Copy, Tag Paste is the only route I can go to achieve this.

Thanks in advance.

-fumble
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
fumble
post Dec 3 2010, 02:07
Post #2

Member No.: 13274
Mp3tag Version: 2.47b

Thanks for the link @Mike_nl .

The more I think about it, the more I think a command line interface is the best route to go for the quantity of files I'm working with. Are any mp3tag coders interested in implementing this feature? Seems like it would be simple enough to anyone familiar with the source code. I would consider paying a reasonable fee for the creation of this feature smile.gif

Thanks,
fumble

+Quote Post
ohrenkino
post Dec 3 2010, 07:32
Post #3

Member No.: 11458
Mp3tag Version: 2.63a

ZITAT(fumble @ Dec 3 2010, 02:07) *
Thanks for the link @Mike_nl .

... I think a command line interface is the best route to go for the quantity of files...

It sounds interesting.
What I still don't get: what kind of rule do you apply to the automated script generation to find 11k of matching pairs?
I bet that if you have to prepare the files to match that pattern it would have been just as easy to use one of the already existing methods like exporting tags to a text file and then using the converter text file - tag to reread them.
Have you tried that?

--------------------
42 - wie war die Frage / what was the question / comment était la question

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th September 2014 - 18:52