IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Notice!

Please take a minute to check our Frequently Asked Questions. Use Search to reveal possible related topics.

Also make sure you've read the Forum Guidelines before posting in this forum.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Format _DIRECTORY (Crossover v9.1 Mac OS X 10.6.5)
chewy311
post Jan 1 2011, 21:56
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13520
Mp3tag Version: 2.47b

Help please,

I have been trying to get this action item to work on my Mac for awhile now and have not had any luck. I have tried countless numbers of placeholder combinations and also relative and absolute paths and still cannot get the _DIRECTORY folder to rename. I have no problem editing the folder path by using the field _FILENAME, but I need all other files to move over as well (m3u, nfo, sfv files etc.)

Action: Format Values
Field: _DIRECTORY
Formatstring: %artist%\%album%

I have no problem getting this to work on my PC, but unfortunately all my music is on my Mac and I would like to keep it there.

With that said, does anyone have any suggestions on a work around here? Any mac users out there able to accomplish this?

Any suggestions that you may have will be GREATLY appreciated.

This post has been edited by chewy311: Jan 1 2011, 22:13
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ohrenkino
post Jan 2 2011, 10:31
Post #2

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 11458
Mp3tag Version: 2.58

ZITAT(chewy311 @ Jan 1 2011, 21:56) *
... but unfortunately all my music is on my Mac ...

I think that the MAC filenames do not use the backslash as directory separator. I think it is the colon : - which is the separator for drives in windows.

So I guess, it is technically impossible to rename paths on a Mac with a program using Windows conventions. But I am not quite sure

Additionally, the backslash has a special meaning in MP3tag's regular expressions which is to mask other special characters. If you want to mask the masking character you would have to apply two of them:
%artist%\\%album%

--------------------
42 - wie war die Frage / what was the question / comment était la question

+Quote Post
pone
post Jan 2 2011, 14:21
Post #3

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 9103
Mp3tag Version: 2.50

ZITAT(ohrenkino @ Jan 2 2011, 10:31) *
Additionally, the backslash has a special meaning in MP3tag's regular expressions which is to mask other special characters. If you want to mask the masking character you would have to apply two of them:
%artist%\\%album%

this is wrong. %artist%\%album% is enough.

+Quote Post
chewy311
post Jan 2 2011, 18:21
Post #4

Group: Members
Member No.: 13520
Mp3tag Version: 2.47b

QUOTE (ohrenkino @ Jan 2 2011, 10:31) *
I think that the MAC filenames do not use the backslash as directory separator. I think it is the colon : - which is the separator for drives in windows.

So I guess, it is technically impossible to rename paths on a Mac with a program using Windows conventions. But I am not quite sure

yes, it appears that mac actually uses "/" as their directory separator. Wouldn't that mean that I should at least be able to use a relative path string? Even as simple as %artist% ?

Anyone have any other suggestions?

thanks

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 19:59