IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Notice!

Please take a minute to check our Frequently Asked Questions. Use Search to reveal possible related topics.

Also make sure you've read the Forum Guidelines before posting in this forum.

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Case conversion...
yog-sothoth
post Mar 20 2011, 01:38
Post #31

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 13190
Mp3tag Version: 2.48

Good work, Doug. That script is taking shape quite nicely. Actually, I'm in the process of putting together my own one, which I intend to post here when finished. I'd like to incorporate some bits of your script into it too - with your permission, of course. There's just one obstacle that remains: Roman numerals. I've made a new thread in the support forum to address this. Perhaps when you have the time you could take a look at it? Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Doug Mackie
post Mar 20 2011, 18:02
Post #32

Member No.: 9952
Mp3tag Version: 2.51

QUOTE (yog-sothoth @ Mar 19 2011, 20:38) *
... I'm in the process of putting together my own, which I intend to post here when finished. I'd like to incorporate some bits of your script into it too - with your permission, of course.

Yes, certainly. As far as I am concerned, this is a group project.

As for Roman numerals, it looks like DetlevD has a better solution than I could come up with. I simply included the two-letter values below ten in my abbreviation list, which was adequate for my purposes.

+Quote Post
dano
post Mar 20 2011, 19:45
Post #33

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 201
Mp3tag Version: 2.65

([-({ _.+\u201c"])(\l) is not correct in Mp3tag.

This should be the right syntax:
([-({ _.+\x{201c}"])(\l)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Doug Mackie
post Mar 20 2011, 23:37
Post #34

Member No.: 9952
Mp3tag Version: 2.51

QUOTE (dano @ Mar 20 2011, 14:45) *
... This should be the right syntax:
([-({ _.+\x{201c}"])(\l)

Dano, thank you for spotting my error. What confused me was that the \u201c syntax appeared in MTA files (which is how I discovered it), and the fact that it worked as expected. The first time that I typed into a regular expression field, it appeared as \u201c in the MTA file. Since I was having trouble seeing this character in the tiny font used in Mp3tag input boxes, I thought that a Unicode reference would be clearer.

It seems that in MTA files, Mp3Tag uses double backslashes (\\u) to distinguish an uppercase character reference from an internal \u-style Unicode reference. Even more confusing is that in languages like .Net that support regular expressions, \x is used for hex values and \u for Unicode numbers!

Anyway, I have edited my posted MTA files and changed my example above to the correct syntax.

Regards,
Doug Mackie

+Quote Post
DetlevD
post Mar 21 2011, 08:58
Post #35

Member No.: 3194
Mp3tag Version: 2.63

QUOTE (Doug Mackie @ Mar 20 2011, 23:37) *
... What confused me was that the \u201c syntax appeared in MTA files (which is how I discovered it) ...

The MTA file look like a sort of INI style pure text file, where special characters need 'escaping'.
See also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/INI_file
Well, the Mp3tag developer might answer how he does things to make Mp3tag run, but as MTA files are not documented to view internally by the user or change manually by the user, the answer is already given: Hands off! cool.gif

DD.20110321.0858.CET

--------------------
* Beyond that, don't ask, when you don't know what to do with the answer. *
♥ home is where the heart is ♥

+Quote Post
yog-sothoth
post Mar 23 2011, 17:07
Post #36

Update: The script is now complete, except for a couple of minor bugs which I'd like to get fixed before release. Once again, I'm relying on you guys to help me out here, as I'm completely stuck. unsure.gif

The first bug relates to formatting spaces between acronyms. In the case of acronyms without a stop at the end (i.e. "M.I.A"), the script places a space between the last stop and the last character. Hence, "M.I.A" becomes "M.I. A". Notice the space before "A". Obviously, I want to prevent the extra space from occurring.

I looked closely at the script and noticed that in the "replace matches with" field, there was a trailing space at the end of $0. I then removed the space and repeated the action. This time the acronym "M.I.A" was not split by an extra space. My concern then, is was the space after $0 intentional or is it a mistake? Can I safely remove the space without making the action invalid?
Here's the relevant action:

Description: Word Spacing
Action type: Replace with regular expression
Field: _All
Regular expression: (\.)(?![\s\.':;\)\]"])(?![\l\u]\.)(?!$)(?!\d)(?!(co|net|org|gov|edu|mil))
Replace matches with: $0 (ed: there is a space after 0)
[ ] case-sensitive comparison

The second bug concerns case conversion of "Dj". If Dj is the first word after a parenthesis, a space is placed between the parenthesis and D. Hence, "(Dj Remix)" becomes "( DJ Remix). I'd like to prevent the redundant space from occurring. As in the first bug, there is a space in the "replace matches with" field that if removed stops the error. This time it's at the beginning of the line: " DJ$1". Again, I'm not sure if it is a mistake or intentional. If I remove it, will it invalidate the script? Edit: The space actually occurs anywhere in the line, not only after parenthesis.

Description: Uper-Case conversion of Dj
Field: _All
Regular expression: dj($|\s)
Replace matches with: DJ$1 (ed: the first character is a space)

Thanks again for your assistance, guys.

This post has been edited by yog-sothoth: Mar 23 2011, 17:21

+Quote Post
dano
post Mar 23 2011, 20:44
Post #37

A change in the first action can solve the problem:
Regular expression: (\.)(?![\s\.':;\)\]"])(?![\l\u](\.|$))(?!$)(?!\d)(?!(co|net|org|gov|edu|mil))

The space in the second action is much likely a bug.

--------------------

+Quote Post
yog-sothoth
post Mar 23 2011, 21:58
Post #38

QUOTE (dano @ Mar 23 2011, 20:44) *
A change in the first action can solve the problem:
Regular expression: (\.)(?![\s\.':;\)\]"])(?![\l\u](\.|$))(?!$)(?!\d)(?!(co|net|org|gov|edu|mil))

This only works if there are no words after the acronym. For instance, "M.I.A featuring..." converts to "M.I. a Featuring...". Also, a space is now placed between the extension in the filename and the stop before it, a la ". mp3". This makes the file inaccessible until the space is removed.

I'm wondering what exactly this action tries to fix, and if I should remove it all together. The action above is part of a group of eleven actions, all of which concern spacing. From the end of the reg ex, I can deduce that it does something to URL's. I'm not entirely sure what the rest does, though. If you can figure it out, could you explain it to me? Thanks.

BTW, this is the source.

This post has been edited by yog-sothoth: Mar 23 2011, 22:06

+Quote Post
dano
post Mar 23 2011, 22:39
Post #39

Read the description:
1. Add a space after a period. [...]

And it does nothing to urls. It excludes them so for example ".net" is not changed to ". net"

You could also add the space:
RE: (\.)(?![\s\.':;\)\]"])(?![\l\u](\.|$| ))(?!$)(?!\d)(?!(co|net|org|gov|edu|mil))

If you want to use this on the filename use the $regexp() function.

--------------------

+Quote Post
yog-sothoth
post Mar 23 2011, 23:09
Post #40

Thanks, that works. Much appreciated.

+Quote Post
yog-sothoth
post Mar 28 2011, 14:16
Post #41

QUOTE (dano @ Mar 23 2011, 22:39) *
If you want to use this on the filename use the $regexp() function.

Hi dano, I can't seem to figure the correct syntax out. Could you show me the way, please?

+Quote Post
dano
post Mar 28 2011, 14:31
Post #42

QUOTE (yog-sothoth @ Mar 28 2011, 15:16) *
Hi dano, I can't seem to figure the correct syntax out. Could you show me the way, please?

$regexp(%_filename%,'(\.)(?![\s\.'''':;\)\]"])(?![\l\u](\.|$| ))(?!$)(?!\d)(?!(co|net|org|gov|edu|mil))',$0 )

--------------------

+Quote Post
yog-sothoth
post Mar 28 2011, 14:51
Post #43

Thanks dano. wink.gif

+Quote Post
yog-sothoth
post Mar 28 2011, 18:05
Post #44

I've just created my first regex script from scratch. It's very basic, but it seems to do its job ok. I just want some advice on whether or not there is a better method.

The purpose of the script is to remove white space between initials and an ampersand (&). For instance, "R & B" to "R&B".

Field: _TAG
Regular expression: \b([a-zA-Z])\s(&)\s([a-zA-Z])\b
Replace matches with: $1$2$3

Did I do alright?

This post has been edited by yog-sothoth: Mar 28 2011, 18:12

+Quote Post
DetlevD
post Mar 28 2011, 19:11
Post #45

Member No.: 3194
Mp3tag Version: 2.63

QUOTE (yog-sothoth @ Mar 28 2011, 19:05) *
I've just created my first regex script from scratch. It's very basic, but it seems to do its job ok. I just want some advice on whether or not there is a better method. The purpose of the script is to remove white space between initials and an ampersand (&). For instance, "R & B" to "R&B". ...

It looks like a working regular expression. Congratulations!

If you want such matches, then it would be the right regular expression for you.
Attached Image

Note:
If you do not check the 'case-sensitive comparison', then it makes no sense to build a character group of '[a-zA-Z]'.
Be aware that all tag-fields will be respected when using the pseudo tag-field '_TAG'.
You can also think about how to avoid false positives. A simple $replace could be more safe.

DD.20110328.2012.CEST

--------------------
* Beyond that, don't ask, when you don't know what to do with the answer. *
♥ home is where the heart is ♥

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2014 - 06:11