IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Notice!

Please take a minute to check our Frequently Asked Questions. Use Search to reveal possible related topics.

Also make sure you've read the Forum Guidelines before posting in this forum.

> Dosn't get hebrew
adi
post Aug 7 2011, 07:45
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15022
Mp3tag Version: v2.49

I have songs in hebrew in my conputer .
when im trying to write the info of the song in hebrew it showing me this : ????
can someone help me please !
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
mallthus
post Aug 8 2011, 18:36
Post #2

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 13100
Mp3tag Version: 2.47

It might be an encoding error. I have a wide range of music in my collection including music with tags in Greek, Russian, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Arabic and Hebrew. Although I tend to amend titles in their native tongues with Roman type, as I can't actually read any of these except for Russian and Japanese, I like the "authenticity of having the correct titles, etc.

Often, I'll find that if I'm using music that someone else has tagged (because I'm too lazy to personally digitize my vinyl collection) there will often be issues with the tags if they were initially tagged using a localized OS.

I believe the phrase for this is "Mojibake".

Anyway, if that's the issue and you need to convert them to the correct Hebrew unicode, use the following steps:

1. Go to "Actions"
  2. Create a new Action
  3. New Action Step of "Convert codepage"
  4. Field "_TAG"
  5. Select the appropriate codepage, in your case Hebrew 1255
  6. Save and then apply to the works with which you have issues.

This "ought" to solve the problem. If it doesn't there's something more (or at least different) at work.

+Quote Post
Mike_nl
post Aug 9 2011, 06:38
Post #3

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6480
Mp3tag Version: 2.61a

QUOTE (mallthus @ Aug 9 2011, 00:36) *
It might be an encoding error. I have a wide range of music in my collection including music with tags in Greek, Russian, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Arabic and Hebrew. Although I tend to amend titles in their native tongues with Roman type, as I can't actually read any of these except for Russian and Japanese, I like the "authenticity of having the correct titles, etc.

Often, I'll find that if I'm using music that someone else has tagged (because I'm too lazy to personally digitize my vinyl collection) there will often be issues with the tags if they were initially tagged using a localized OS.

I believe the phrase for this is "Mojibake".

Anyway, if that's the issue and you need to convert them to the correct Hebrew unicode, use the following steps:

1. Go to "Actions"
  2. Create a new Action
  3. New Action Step of "Convert codepage"
  4. Field "_TAG"
  5. Select the appropriate codepage, in your case Hebrew 1255
  6. Save and then apply to the works with which you have issues.

This "ought" to solve the problem. If it doesn't there's something more (or at least different) at work.

Mallthus,

Which TAG Format do you use ?

ID3V2.3 UTF-16 or ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1 or .....

--------------------
Life is too short, enjoy it

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st November 2014 - 01:29