IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Notice!

Please take a minute to check our Frequently Asked Questions. Use Search to reveal possible related topics.

Also make sure you've read the Forum Guidelines before posting in this forum.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Renaming/Freedb/Autonumbering, Moving all files with renaming
Groover38
post Oct 13 2004, 23:06
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1258

Hi,
Renaming is a great and strong option. Only, if there are other than MP3 files (for instance jpg files) in the directory, they will not be moved to the newly created folder. Is there an option to change this, so that all files will be moved?

Further, when I try to tag files through freedb "determine from selected files" without result, I get the message No suitable entry found(...) and leave the freedb menu. This is a little anoying, because it would be more logical to go back to the freedb menu to choose another freedb search option to rename the tags.

Also, if there are multiple results after a freedb search on selected files, it would very helpful to see more track information if you select an album, the only way to find out more info now is by renaming the tags, and see the result after the renaming.

Is there a way of moving files of position without having to rename them? Sometimes files lak numbers, and when you want to use freedb from selected files the order is essential.

Is it possible to use the Autonumbering option "Save total number of tracks" as default without having to use the Autonumbering option?

MP3tag is a great tool, thanx!

This post has been edited by Groover38: Oct 14 2004, 00:22
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Florian
post Oct 14 2004, 17:01
Post #2

Developer

Group: Admin
Member No.: 203
Mp3tag Version: 2.58

Hello!

QUOTE (Groover38 @ Oct 14 2004, 12:06 AM)
Renaming is a great and strong option. Only, if there are other than MP3 files (for instance jpg files) in the directory, they will not be moved to the newly created folder. Is there an option to change this, so that all files will be moved?

No. Not at the moment.

Further, when I try to tag files through freedb "determine from selected files" without result, I get the message No suitable entry found(...) and leave the freedb menu. This is a little anoying, because it would be more logical to go back to the freedb menu to choose another freedb search option to rename the tags.

Good idea. I'll add a "Try again" option to this message box.

Also, if there are multiple results after a freedb search on selected files, it would very helpful to see more track information if you select an album, the only way to find out more info now is by renaming the tags, and see the result after the renaming.

You can try the preview button.

Is there a way of moving files of position without having to rename them? Sometimes files lak numbers, and when you want to use freedb from selected files the order is essential.

Yes, just use the mouse while pressing the [Alt] key. If you want to move multiple files at once, you'll need the latest Development Build.

Is it possible to use the Autonumbering option "Save total number of tracks" as default without having to use the Autonumbering option?

I don't know, how this should be done, but you can always enter the track number with total number of tracks in the track field (xx/xx).

Best regards,
~ Florian

--------------------
♫ If you like using Mp3tag please donate to support further development.

+Quote Post
Florian
post Dec 21 2004, 21:12
Post #3

Developer

Group: Admin
Member No.: 203
Mp3tag Version: 2.58

Good idea. I'll add a "Try again" option to this message box.

I've added this option with the latest Development Build.

santa.gif

Best regards,
~ Florian

--------------------
♫ If you like using Mp3tag please donate to support further development.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 09:09