IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Notice!

Please take a minute to check our Frequently Asked Questions. Use Search to reveal possible related topics.

Also make sure you've read the Forum Guidelines before posting in this forum.

> Delete or rename .log and .cue files with an action, Rename/delete not musical files from mp3tag
Daniele
post Oct 16 2011, 23:27
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15104
Mp3tag Version: 2.48

Hello

I hate having lots of "not musical" files in my music folders, so I usually allow just the front cover and delete the rest.
For cue and log files, I made an action to embed them in a tag (cue and log tag) and then I delete them.

To fully authomatize this operation, I'd like let mp3tag delete (or at least rename adding some tag like ADDED) the files it just added, so I don't have to delete them one by one by hand (and I'm sure they have been embedded and I don't have to check every time I don't remember if I applied the action).
Would it be possible to do that with some action?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 7)
JJ Johnson
post Oct 16 2011, 23:50
Post #2

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 1742
Mp3tag Version: 2.65a

What's the harm of having non-audio files in your audio folders? I keep covers, artwork scans, cue sheets and ripping logs with the audio tracks.

This post has been edited by JJ Johnson: Oct 16 2011, 23:55

+Quote Post
progprog
post Oct 17 2011, 02:06
Post #3

Member No.: 5706
Mp3tag Version: 2.55

QUOTE (Daniele @ Oct 16 2011, 15:27) *
Hello

I hate having lots of "not musical" files in my music folders, so I usually allow just the front cover and delete the rest.
For cue and log files, I made an action to embed them in a tag (cue and log tag) and then I delete them.

To fully authomatize this operation, I'd like let mp3tag delete (or at least rename adding some tag like ADDED) the files it just added, so I don't have to delete them one by one by hand (and I'm sure they have been embedded and I don't have to check every time I don't remember if I applied the action).
Would it be possible to do that with some action?

I've never tried that myself, but I guess I'd look toward making a Tool that runs an external program, say a batch file or script. You could set parameters that feed it the location (or names?) of the target files to be deleted.

Maybe I'm missing something (entirely possible!), but it seems like actions and functions are meant to operate on files open and selected within mp3tag, so I'm not really seeing a way to use one of those.

This post has been edited by progprog: Oct 17 2011, 02:12

+Quote Post
pone
post Oct 17 2011, 02:17
Post #4

Member No.: 9103
Mp3tag Version: 2.59b

how do you embed them? with the import text file action?

there is no action for deleting files in mp3tag which you can put in an action group.
but you can make mp3tag show that files if you add them at:
Tools > Options > Tags: Restrict incoming files to:

If you have them in mp3tag you can easily delete them with ctrl + del. And you can search for them with the filter (F3) with:
%_extension% IS log
%_extension% IS cue

+Quote Post
Daniele
post Oct 17 2011, 12:08
Post #5

Thank you. I was asking for an action because that would be useful if done with one click together with the "embed" action. If I have to embed the tag, and the use a tool or delete them by hand, even if from mp3tag, then it's more or less the same as doing it directly from the folder.

Thank you anyway.

+Quote Post
pone
post Oct 17 2011, 12:18
Post #6

Member No.: 9103
Mp3tag Version: 2.59b

You can make a conditional format filename action that only affect log and cue files:

Action: Format Value
Field: _FILENAME:
Formatstring: $if($eql(%_extension%,cue),C:\delete me\%_filename%,%_filename%)

This would move all .cue files into the folder "C:\delete me" and leave all other files untouched.

+Quote Post
progprog
post Oct 17 2011, 19:29
Post #7

Member No.: 5706
Mp3tag Version: 2.55

Hey, that's a good one to know, pone! I didn't realize you could move those files with an action like that.....might come in handy some day.

Thanks as always for your knowledgeable posts! I always learn a lot just from following along. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Daniele
post Oct 24 2011, 22:37
Post #8

QUOTE (pone @ Oct 17 2011, 13:18) *
You can make a conditional format filename action that only affect log and cue files:

Action: Format Value
Field: _FILENAME:
Formatstring: $if($eql(%_extension%,cue),C:\delete me\%_filename%,%_filename%)

This would move all .cue files into the folder "C:\delete me" and leave all other files untouched.

This is what I was looking for! Thank you very much!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2014 - 09:26