IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Notice!

Please take a minute to check our Frequently Asked Questions. Use Search to reveal possible related topics.

Also make sure you've read the Forum Guidelines before posting in this forum.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> how to normalize volume in .flac files w/MP3Tag, normalize volume in flac file
Quadzilla
post Dec 1 2011, 03:35
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15657
Mp3tag Version: 2.48

Hello,
I'm a fairly new user to MP3tag (and love it!) and I'm trying to use it to increase the volume on one of my flac files. From what I've read, I should be able to increase the value of the replaygain to increase the volume however I tried this with no luck. The original values in the file were:
replaygain album gain-1.02 DB
replaygain album peak-74163818
replaygain track gain-+0.56
replaygain Track peak-74163818

To try and increase the volume, I first changed the "replaygain track gain" value to +0.96 but that had no effect so I then tried changing it to +1.86 but again no effect. I then tried changing (one tag at a time) the rest of the tags to:
replaygain album gain-4.02 dB
replaygain album peak-74193818
replaygain track gain-+1.86 dB
replaygain Track peak-74193818

again, none of these changes had any effect in the flac file I was trying to increase the volume on. Should that have worked? I read a few posts regarding normalizing flac files and they all recommend converting the file to an MP3, changing one of the ID tag values (I forget which) and then converting the file back to flac but I was hoping to get around all that.

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide!

Dan
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DetlevD
post Dec 1 2011, 07:38
Post #2

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3194
Mp3tag Version: 2.63

QUOTE (Quadzilla @ Dec 1 2011, 03:35) *
Hello, I'm a fairly new user to MP3tag (and love it!) and I'm trying to use it to increase the volume on one of my flac files. From what I've read, I should be able to increase the value of the replaygain to increase the volume however I tried this with no luck. ... Thanks in advance for any info you can provide! Dan

Hi Quadzilla Dan, I am assuming that you know what ReplayGain means and how it works.
You can read there ...
http://forums.mp3tag.de/index.php?showtopi...d&pid=49615
... about an attempt to manually change the calculated values and their caveats.
For me it is incomprehensible why anyone wants to manually change the ReplayGain values, after they have been calculated.

DD.20111201.0740.CET

This post has been edited by DetlevD: Dec 4 2013, 09:23

--------------------
* Beyond that, don't ask, when you don't know what to do with the answer. *
♥ home is where the heart is ♥
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th December 2014 - 00:44