IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Notice!

Please take a minute to check our Frequently Asked Questions. Use Search to reveal possible related topics.

Also make sure you've read the Forum Guidelines before posting in this forum.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is It Possible To Modify "%album%" To Remove Spaces?, Customize "%album%" In "Tag Sources\Default file name
LouieChuckyMerry
post Mar 12 2012, 05:20
Post #1

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 15319
Mp3tag Version: 2.50

Hello, and thanks in advance for any help. I was wondering if it's possible to edit "%album%" under "Tag Sources\Default file name for cover art:" so that the spaces are removed; that is, can "%album%" somehow be modified such that the album title Example Album Here defaults to ExampleAlbumHere when obtaining cover art? I searched the forum and Googled around but was unable to find an answer, probably because I was wording the question incorrectly. Thanks again.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DetlevD
post Mar 12 2012, 06:52
Post #2

Member No.: 3194
Mp3tag Version: 2.62

QUOTE (LouieChuckyMerry @ Mar 12 2012, 05:20) *
... I was wondering if it's possible to edit "%album%" under "Tag Sources\Default file name for cover art:" so that the spaces are removed; that is, can "%album%" somehow be modified such that the album title Example Album Here defaults to ExampleAlbumHere when obtaining cover art? ...

Hmm, yes, I think so, you can use the Mp3tag Scripting Language in this edit field.
Functions like $validate, $replace and so on are available.

DD.20120312.0652.CET

--------------------
* Beyond that, don't ask, when you don't know what to do with the answer. *
♥ home is where the heart is ♥

+Quote Post
LouieChuckyMerry
post Mar 12 2012, 07:39
Post #3

Member No.: 15319
Mp3tag Version: 2.50

Thanks for your reply, DetlevD. I just read the Help section on Scripting Functions--wacko.gif--and after recovering, I edited the "%album%" under "Options\Tag Sources\Default file name for cover art:" to "$replace(%album%, ,)" and it worked perfectly. Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction; I appreciate it smile.gif .

A related question: is it possible to create an action that would rename the cover art image in all the folders in a path, for example "D:\Music\Artist\Album", with the album name but without altering the music files in any way?

This post has been edited by LouieChuckyMerry: Mar 12 2012, 08:39

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 11:07