IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Notice!

Please take a minute to check our Frequently Asked Questions. Use Search to reveal possible related topics.

Also make sure you've read the Forum Guidelines before posting in this forum.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> User Rec.: Meta-Query, Func(MBz) Return Attr[x,y,…], Dependency: MusicBrainz API / Data Available to Mp3Tag
stanley.tweedle
post Apr 3 2012, 15:30
Post #1

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 8192
Mp3tag Version: 2.53

Top o’ the mornin’ to ye.
Greetings. G’day sir/ ma’am; & all that jazzy jazzed-up jazz!…

Require: let FLAC = "Free Lossless Audio Codec"

And, so the story goes: I wore the clothes; said the things to make it seem improbable (the whale of a lie like i hope it was).

I was about to burn to CD-R-- a righteous backup-- for the ride. Wha…? I don't have it preserved already, in a FLAC vessel, on the HDD? Cork, I am; to the whipping post, for shame!

Immediately, momentarily more whipped with the proper extraction of the original, optical media data, having now the FLAC-audio I desire, I am comfortable to follow-through to the veritable final task of my archival procedure. Knowing no audio-media archive is complete without suitable meta-data, embedded within the media as appropriate, to the most efficient software application in my awareness for the Microsoft Windows operating system I turn, and…
execute Florian Heidenreich’s Mp3Tag !

With Mp3Tag instantiated before me, having used the convenient, Windows Explorer shell-integrated, Mp3Tag-open-audio option, I see one of several target files belonging to the album on which I wish to operate with Mp3Tag. Affirmation of the Mp3Tag Current Directory / target media path, resulting in all desired album-files loading for processing, I select them all and-- most convenient operation, afforded generously as standard issue with Mp3Tag-- query the MusicBrainz on-line music-media meta-data library, as selected in one-click from the Mp3Tag toolbar, meta-data repository selector drop-down.

Though my personal preference is MusicBrainz for generally most accurate, comprehensive results on query, as I expected; as tends to result from any of the several intuitively implemented meta repositories, the query returned with “100 percent” accuracy-- not only multiple results, as might less often occur in case of queries subject to cross-reference multiple works (e.g. "Wish you were Here", Pink Floyd / "I Wish You Were Here", Incubus, methinks)-- but, multiple releases are returned.

Indeed, Mp3Tag is most refined; has reached a level of perfection-- for all intents and purposes-- as to leave me free of complaint, and quite satisfied with its performance, as I continue to tap, yet merely the surface of its powerful, scripted “Actions” capabilities. In this, Mp3Tag is more so than any other, singular application which comes to mind, despite the fine work of many admirable efforts likewise, worthy of acknowledgement across Windows and Linux platforms (e.g. even “Picard”, MusicBrainz own, cross-platform distributed software falls short for the versatility specific; unique to Florian's Mp3tag)

For my tendency to rely upon the legendary ‘thousand tales’ a picture tells, I apologize to those who despise we who deal in screen captures. Alas, I have some for perusal, as I believe my verbosity is only cut short when I communicate with no words at all. (:chuckles: :smiles: :shurgs: :anguished-cries:)

Without further adieu, please consider precisely what “differences are minor, compared to the similarities”{*1}, and how a [quite low-priority revision, indeed] modification might empower the User with such data as "Country", as might otherwise go unnoticed; as someone-- unemployed, as I for example-- with enough time to spend in such frivolity as to indulge himself in the 1.) the activity itself, 2.) the culmination of the principle, 3.) the preparation of supplemental media (i.e. screen captures), and 4.) the authoring of this likely over zealous text.
:sigh:

alright. please attend to the file names, as slide #1, slide #2, etc.-- i hope-- might be enough to indicate what I mean to communicate thereby. The intention is that my concern for a proper "Release", as relevant to data available, or-- in particluar-- as show in this example, where multiple Countries are the primary difference (while the ID#-- at least in the mp3tag dialogue-- is uniform)

The images are placed, off-site, as a courtesy to the owner.

https://twitpic.com/953or7 (If unable to view the imagery, please indicate in reply. Thank you!)

Best regards, and salutations
J.S.
http://last.fm/music/jeff+sabarese

{*1}
excerpt, not verbatim, from the film, "The Lounge People"

--------------------
Recommended Listening: Last.FM Hosts this Artist’s Music.
Please, download the FREE ALBUM, as you wish. -- JS
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
stanley.tweedle
post Apr 3 2012, 15:45
Post #2

Member No.: 8192
Mp3tag Version: 2.53

ahem... uh, it's probably best to please view the images from this URL, instead of that, as originally published above.

https://twitpic.com/photos/ajaxStardust#type=gallery

At time of posting, the target imagery are the four items in the-- table-- or, whateverthehelltwittshithas there.

ain't life grand.
truly.

--------------------
Recommended Listening: Last.FM Hosts this Artist’s Music.
Please, download the FREE ALBUM, as you wish. -- JS

+Quote Post
ohrenkino
post Apr 3 2012, 20:23
Post #3

Member No.: 11458
Mp3tag Version: 2.61d

What do you want?
I couldn't find a question.

--------------------
42 - wie war die Frage / what was the question / comment était la question

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 08:48