IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Notice!

Please take a minute to check our Frequently Asked Questions. Use Search to reveal possible related topics.

Also make sure you've read the Forum Guidelines before posting in this forum.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> just want cover art added, i just want to get some cover art on my mp3
dominic
post May 1 2012, 20:43
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16393
Mp3tag Version: v2.50

adding tags works great. however adding cover art is almost impossible. i have a really hard time because the process replaces my title information with erronious titles. you see i capture from records edit and usually resize the song because there is extra leadin. this product works great for adding tags but if i try to add cover art i am taking a big chance because it will incorrectly replace all the song titles.

so here is the questions. can i find or develop a file of just cover art and have it add art to a bunch of songs without messing up the song titles? now that would be real cool.

you see i don't always organize my collections by album. i just would like to add some generic cover art.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ohrenkino
post May 1 2012, 21:31
Post #2

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 11458
Mp3tag Version: 2.65a

ZITAT(dominic @ May 1 2012, 21:43) *
... can i find or develop a file of just cover art and have it add art to a bunch of songs without messing up the song titles? ...

The default web sources already supply links to amazon.de and amazon.com only to supply coverart - you have to use the submenu covers, though.
I do not know what you consider to be "generic cover art"....

--------------------
42 - wie war die Frage / what was the question / comment était la question

+Quote Post
LonELon 2000
post May 2 2012, 04:35
Post #3

Member No.: 7877
Mp3tag Version: 2.54

QUOTE (dominic @ May 1 2012, 15:43) *
adding tags works great. however adding cover art is almost impossible. i have a really hard time because the process replaces my title information with erronious titles. you see i capture from records edit and usually resize the song because there is extra leadin. this product works great for adding tags but if i try to add cover art i am taking a big chance because it will incorrectly replace all the song titles.

so here is the questions. can i find or develop a file of just cover art and have it add art to a bunch of songs without messing up the song titles? now that would be real cool.

you see i don't always organize my collections by album. i just would like to add some generic cover art.

If you need to save only the album art when using any of the tag sources in Mp3tag, once you've selected the correct album and display the information about that album from the source, you do have the option to just right-click on the album art displayed and choose "Save to Tag". This will update only the album art and not affect any other tags in the files that you have selected.

I use Album Art Downloader as a free tool within Mp3tag, and it works great. It pulls from many more sources than what is available in the Mp3tag menu. Once you install it, go to Options > Tools to configure it. Here are some links that should guide you in the right direction.

Album Art Downloader

Mp3tag Tools Help

Once you select a song and right-click on it, go to Tools and you should see the tools entry you created within options that will send whatever data you need to search for the album art that you are looking for. Once you select the desired art and save it, you can then select the entire album in MP3Tag and load the album art into all of the songs you selected, and then save. This will only update the album art in those songs without affecting any other tags.

This post has been edited by LonELon 2000: May 2 2012, 04:36

+Quote Post
dominic
post May 2 2012, 05:48
Post #4

thanks lonelon. i think you solved this problem for me. rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
dominic
post May 2 2012, 06:19
Post #5

Doesn’t work. dry.gif I’m running v2.50. lets see. I select one or more songs. I pull down “tag sources” > cover art > amazon.com. it finds “time passages” from album title. I hit next. It selects al stewart. I hit next. Then the cover art is displayed. I right click on the cover art for the option as you suggested and it really makes no difference. what really matters is there are two boxes at the bottom of the “adjust tag information” showing what it is going to replace. When the left box is empty then I can apply the art without clobbering my titles. When the left box contains title information then it will mess up my files. Sometimes I can get the left box to be empty but have not figured that one out yet. Think it has something to do with the data contained on amazon which is expecting the songs to be there which they are not or in a different order.

+Quote Post
DetlevD
post May 2 2012, 07:06
Post #6

Member No.: 3194
Mp3tag Version: 2.63

QUOTE (dominic @ May 2 2012, 07:19) *
Doesn’t work. ... I select one or more songs. I pull down “tag sources” > cover art > amazon.com. ...

The importing of cover only, without changing existing tag-values, using websource "Cover Art#Amazon.com", works for me ... see pictures ...
Attached Image
Attached Image

DD.20120502.0800.CEST

--------------------
* Beyond that, don't ask, when you don't know what to do with the answer. *
♥ home is where the heart is ♥

+Quote Post
ohrenkino
post May 2 2012, 07:55
Post #7

Member No.: 11458
Mp3tag Version: 2.65a

I am not quite sure what you are doing.
ZITAT(dominic @ May 2 2012, 07:19) *
... It selects al stewart. I hit next.

not IT but YOU should select the right entry. If the first one happens to be correct, then you are lucky.
ZITAT(dominic @ May 2 2012, 07:19) *
I right click on the cover art for the option as you suggested and it really makes no difference. ..

In that dialogue box you do not have to click on anything else but the OK or Cancel button.
If you see the left box filled with data then you have not used
Web Sources >Covers >Amazon.com
but
Web sources>amazon.com
which is the dialogue for tag search (which also supplies the cover). In the latter dialogue you have to but the tracks into the correct order.

--------------------
42 - wie war die Frage / what was the question / comment était la question

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th November 2014 - 22:16