IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Notice!

Please take a minute to check our Frequently Asked Questions. Use Search to reveal possible related topics.

Also make sure you've read the Forum Guidelines before posting in this forum.

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Getting all Songs in an "ALBUM"
DetlevD
post May 24 2012, 04:47
Post #16

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3194
Mp3tag Version: 2.63

QUOTE (BOSS TAGGER @ May 23 2012, 21:09) *
... To make it easy, here is a summary of where I'm at:
I tried using only ID3v1 tag and that was a mistake as, was stated, the art work doesn't show up, so I restored the defaults to recognize everything. ...

Where and what are these defaults?
The files? The LG RT?
What is 'recognizing everything'?

It is still not clear, how many problems you are struggling with at the same time.
-There is the problem with the ALBUM combination
(from which I think it has to do with the ALBUM tag-field not proper set).
-There is the problem with the display of embedded artwork
(from which I think it has to do with the unsupported ID3v2.3 tag-type or the SPRINT service)
- Get rid of the APE tags.

... I noticed when I put a LED ZEPPLEIN album on the phone (see pic), it included all the variables and shows up as an ALBUM - perfectly. ...

Please show us a screenshot of the Mp3tag Options/Tag/Mpeg dialog.

... And: I still don't understand WHY if I remove the TAGs, the albums don't disappear.

I do not think, that you have removed any tag-type ID3v2.3 and APE, you have been asked for.
Your last screenshot still displays the usage of these tag-types.
It might be that the LG RT does not take note about the other embedded tag-types and looks stubborn only at the tag-type ID3v1, but it would be helpful for you and your work with Mp3tag, to put the view only to the ID3v1 tag-type (as the first step of your investigations).

Set the Mp3tag Options/Tag/Mpeg dialog to ...
- Read only ID3v1.
- Write only ID3v1.
- Remove all tag-types.
Check out these options by using small set of test files and re-write/save the only ony tag-type ID3v1
(all other tag-types will be lost and never be shown in Mp3tag).
Fill the tag-fields TITLE, ARTIST, ALBUM, GENRE and perhaps TRACK with appropriate data.
Check it out, whether the LG RT can build proper artist, album, genre lists from the test data.

Please give us a clear statement about your tests on the LG Rumor Touch using mp3 files having only ID3v1 Tag-Type data.

Please show us a screenshot of the Mp3tag list view of files having set only the ID3v1 tag-type, with filled tag-fields for TITLE, ARTIST, ALBUM, GENRE and perhaps TRACK.
The LG documentation states only the evaluation of these tag-fields.

And keep in mind not to have any connection to the SPRINT service, which might be involved in the background and is able to display artwork and such other things to confuse you.

The zip file contains a set of test files ...
Attached File  BT.zip ( 224.28K ) Number of downloads: 92

DD.20120524.0710.CEST

This post has been edited by DetlevD: May 24 2012, 06:11

--------------------
* Beyond that, don't ask, when you don't know what to do with the answer. *
♥ home is where the heart is ♥
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BOSS TAGGER
post May 24 2012, 15:58
Post #17

Member No.: 16351
Mp3tag Version: v2.50

I'll give that a shot and get back to you. Thanks.

+Quote Post
BOSS TAGGER
post May 25 2012, 03:01
Post #18

Here is a screen shot with ID3V1 ONLY. That did not create an album and there is NO artwork.

This applies only to the three files I did this with.

This is a very weird situation as if you look at OTHER LISTINGS with v1 and v2 and APE (like the Zeppelin albums and the HOLLIES BBC entries), they worked perfectly showing up on ONE album with all the appropriate entries.

I'm going to try it again with 1 and 2.

NORM
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
BOSS TAGGER
post May 25 2012, 03:42
Post #19

I tried it again with V1 and V2 and NO AP. It added them as individual albums and not getting artwork.

Can't say I'm not trying.

Anybody want to FLY to LA?
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
DetlevD
post May 25 2012, 06:21
Post #20

QUOTE (BOSS TAGGER @ May 25 2012, 04:42) *
I tried it again with V1 and V2 and NO AP. It added them as individual albums and not getting artwork. ...

What does it mean: "NO AP"?
What files did you or did the LG RT added "as individual albums"?

Why do you complain missing artwork?
The given test files have no embedded artwork because they have only the ID3v1 tag-type.
Therefore and because of the generic values in the given tag-fields, the SPRINT service, if you did not switch it off, cannot find any artwork because of the generic values in the given tag-fields.

The test bed is still on the step where artwork is not the theme.
First of all we need to understand the working of the LG RT, how this device work internally with the given music files.

If the LG RT for itself is able to organize files by their tag-field content, then the given test files should be result into:
- Artist List with four Artist names: AAA, BBB, CCC, DDD.
- Album List with four Album names: Album 1, Album 2, Album 3, Album 4.
- Genre List with three Genre names: Blues, Jazz, Soul.

If you can confirm this result, we could trust the LG RT to work as one might expect it, and we would know for sure, that the LG RT is able to work with ID3v1 tag-type.

The next step would be to use test files having only the ID3v2.3 tag-type to proove the ablitiy of the LG RT working with this tag-type.

Your feedback statements are not satisfying enough to go to a next step.
There is missing a Mp3tag screenshot of the "BT" test files, after transfering them to the LG RT disk drive.
There is missing a detailed description how these files have been treated by the LG RT in terms of organizing into lists of artists, albums, genres.
You give me no chance to help you out of the jungle, if you do not follow a systematic analytical way.

It might be useful for you to search for and contact a LG RT user group.

DD.20120515.0720.CEST

--------------------

+Quote Post
BOSS TAGGER
post May 25 2012, 17:13
Post #21

QUOTE (DetlevD @ May 25 2012, 06:21) *
What does it mean: "NO AP"?
What files did you or did the LG RT added "as individual albums"?

Why do you complain missing artwork?
The given test files have no embedded artwork because they have only the ID3v1 tag-type.
Therefore and because of the generic values in the given tag-fields, the SPRINT service, if you did not switch it off, cannot find any artwork because of the generic values in the given tag-fields.

The test bed is still on the step where artwork is not the theme.
First of all we need to understand the working of the LG RT, how this device work internally with the given music files.

If the LG RT for itself is able to organize files by their tag-field content, then the given test files should be result into:
- Artist List with four Artist names: AAA, BBB, CCC, DDD.
- Album List with four Album names: Album 1, Album 2, Album 3, Album 4.
- Genre List with three Genre names: Blues, Jazz, Soul.

If you can confirm this result, we could trust the LG RT to work as one might expect it, and we would know for sure, that the LG RT is able to work with ID3v1 tag-type.

The next step would be to use test files having only the ID3v2.3 tag-type to proove the ablitiy of the LG RT working with this tag-type.

Your feedback statements are not satisfying enough to go to a next step.
There is missing a Mp3tag screenshot of the "BT" test files, after transfering them to the LG RT disk drive.
There is missing a detailed description how these files have been treated by the LG RT in terms of organizing into lists of artists, albums, genres.
You give me no chance to help you out of the jungle, if you do not follow a systematic analytical way.

It might be useful for you to search for and contact a LG RT user group.

DD.20120515.0720.CEST

HERE are the results of my FINAL stab at this, for now:

1) I took YOUR BT test files ONLY, which were set with V1 tags only, set the options to read only V1 and not to read V2 or APE (that what AP is) and REMOVE V2 and APE with YOUR settings.

As expected, I got NO artwork, but I also got no ALBUM.

Then, I changed the settings to include V2, added artwork and it showed the artwork, but made no ALBUM.

Then I added back in APEV2 and still got NO ALBUM.

Here is my FINAL take on this:

There is NOTHING wrong with the PHONE as demonstrated by the Zeppelin albums, which have V1, V2 and APEV2 tags - and their songs show up as one ALBUM with ARTWORK.

When I take two to four files that are streams from radio shows with segments lasting 10-15 minutes a piece, that works as ALBUMS.

When I try and take individual songs and make albums, with the SAME SETTINGS and INPUT as the ones that worked (Zeppelin, Springsteen, etc.) I get multiple albums with one song in each ALBUM.

I'm wondering if it is a conflict from streaming them from YOU TUBE or SPOTIFY, etc. which encodes certain information from the start. BUT, if I'm removing their tags and adding my own, why doesn't it work?

For the time being, I'll make ALBUMS out of the radio stuff and PLAYLISTS out of the individual songs, until I figure it out.

Thank you AGAIN for all your assistance, but I'll try and get a friend to show up in person and figure it out, OR, as you suggested, try and find an LG RT group.

Thanks again and happy holidays to all those celebrating MEMORIAL DAY!

NORM
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
DetlevD
post May 25 2012, 20:19
Post #22

QUOTE (BOSS TAGGER @ May 25 2012, 18:13) *
... I took YOUR BT test files ONLY, which were set with V1 tags only, set the options to read only V1 and not to read V2 or APE (that what AP is) and REMOVE V2 and APE with YOUR settings.

You was not advised to do anything with Mp3tag, but only to copy the already prepared test files to the LG RT drive and let the LG RT do the organizing of the files into its special lists per ARTIST, ALBUM, GENRE.

... Here is my FINAL take on this:
There is NOTHING wrong with the PHONE ...

... if I'm removing their tags and adding my own, why doesn't it work? ...

Probably because you do not know how the LG RT works.

Finally thank you for your feedback.
I extract from your response, that the given ID3v1 test files were entirely not recognized by the LG RT.
That is mysterious or quite right, who knows it for sure?

I think you came to a good solution, let it be as is, let the time heal the wounds, search and find someone who has enough experience about the LG RT and the SPRINT service and about ID3 tagging and eventually about APE tagging and so on.

Good luck and feel free to come back and report about your odyssey.

DD.20120515.2118.CEST

--------------------

+Quote Post
BOSS TAGGER
post May 26 2012, 03:04
Post #23

[quote name='DetlevD' date='May 25 2012, 20:19' post='64291']
You was not advised to do anything with Mp3tag, but only to copy the already prepared test files to the LG RT drive and let the LG RT do the organizing of the files into its special lists per ARTIST, ALBUM, GENRE.

I didn't do a THING with the Mp3Tag. I just copied the files to the phone (after turning off the options for V2 and APE). You said to turn them off, didn't you?

If you want to send me the files again, I'll try it a 2nd time, but I don't think it matters.

I'm wondering if when I record the streams VIA REPLAY MUSIC, I should LOOK for a way to turn off their indexing/song info and if that would make a difference and they would be clean(er).

NORM

+Quote Post
DetlevD
post May 26 2012, 06:58
Post #24

QUOTE (BOSS TAGGER @ May 26 2012, 04:04) *
... I didn't do a THING with the Mp3Tag. I just copied the files to the phone (after turning off the options for V2 and APE). You said to turn them off, didn't you? If you want to send me the files again, I'll try it a 2nd time, but I don't think it matters. ...

Above in post #16 I have described a way to prepare test files using Mp3tag for the first test step to make clear whether the LG RT can successfully handle mp3 files with only the ID3v1 tag-type set.
Additionally I have appended a zip file containing a ready made set of test files for instantly use.
As long the zip file will be not removed from the forum post, you can download the zip file as often as you will and use the embedded mp3 test files for tests.
You do not need Mp3tag for copying the test files to the LG RT device, you can do it using the unzipping dialog or the Windows explorer.

QUOTE (BOSS TAGGER @ May 26 2012, 04:04) *
... I'm wondering if when I record the streams VIA REPLAY MUSIC, I should LOOK for a way to turn off their indexing/song info and if that would make a difference and they would be clean(er). NORM

You are the owner of the LG RT player and you are the expert for this device, not me.

DD.20120526.0759.CEST

This post has been edited by DetlevD: May 26 2012, 07:06

--------------------

+Quote Post
BOSS TAGGER
post May 27 2012, 04:51
Post #25

SUCCESS! SUCCESS! SUCCESS! SUCCESS! SUCCESS! SUCCESS! SUCCESS! SUCCESS!

(Opps, She-dooby, I'm tattered! Don't you know the crime rates going UP UP UP UP (Sorry, couldn't resist! Seen the STONES at least twice!))

OK, Ladies and Gentlemen: I streamed 15 songs (in this case, 6 Bee Gees/9 Dionne Warwick).

I TURNED OFF the auto-tagging in REPLAY MUSIC. I then entered all my information.

The FIRST TIME I tried it with the fields ALBUMARTIST and ARTIST stating either BG or DW, I got one ALBUM for each artist and their respective songs w/artwork contained therein for a total of two ALBUMS. (BGDW.jpg)

The SECOND TIME I tried it with ALBUMARTIST and ARTIST being the same, I got ONE ALBUM with all 15 songs with artwork! (BGDW2.jpg)

For the moment, I'm leaving it be since I'm familiar enough with these artist not to care; however, I will play around with it some other time to see if I can get it to work. I should be able to put multiple artists into one ALBUM.

Do you think using ALBUM ARTIST versus ALBUMARTIST would make a difference?

I THOUGHT having just the same ALBUM name would do it, but may be not? Maybe I need the COMPILATION field?

Right now, whatever is identical in fields ARTIST AND ALBUMARTIST are what are lumped together.

Thanks again, let me know any thoughts and will keep you posted.

NORM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image

+Quote Post
DetlevD
post May 27 2012, 07:07
Post #26

QUOTE (BOSS TAGGER @ May 27 2012, 05:51) *
SUCCESS! ... The FIRST TIME I tried it with the fields ALBUMARTIST and ARTIST ... The SECOND TIME I tried it with ALBUMARTIST and ARTIST being the same, I got ONE ALBUM with all 15 songs with artwork! (BGDW2.jpg) ... Do you think using ALBUM ARTIST versus ALBUMARTIST would make a difference? ... Right now, whatever is identical in fields ARTIST AND ALBUMARTIST are what are lumped together. ...

Your screenshot shows that the new donwloaded (streamed) files are tagged with three different tag-types ID3v1, ID3v2.3, APE.

Note:
Mp3tag has a priority system for tag-types (APE > ID3v2 > ID3v1).
Reading the APE tag-type dominates before reading the ID3v2 tag-type, which dominates before reading the ID3v1 tag-type.

I assume that the SPRINT download service wants to go the safe way and does tag the files with three different tag-types, in order to offer at least one suitable tag-type, which hopefully will work together with any unknown receiving device.

When Mp3tag is set to display the APE tag-type, you cannot see what data is stored in the other tag-types.

If you manipulate tag-field data using Mp3tag while the view and writing is put on to the APE tag-type, this could not have any effect to the LG RT, when the LG RT does not know to handle the APE tag-type, probably because it can handle only the ID3 tag-type, v1 or v2.3 or both.

How the LG RT really works, we do not know, because the lack of provider documentation, and because of of the inability to carry out systematic tests.

It would be of interest, using Mp3tag with one fresh downloaded file, if you can investigate each of the three tag-types separately with their each own set of tag-fields and their stored data per tag-field, and tell us the detailed result.

Please provide three screenshots of the Mp3tag Dialog "Extended Tags" for each tag-type ID3v1, ID3v2, APE from one file of one album set, which is accepted by the LG RT as an album in its album list.

It would be helpfull to find out, what tag-type is supported by the LG RT.

DD.20120527.0806.CEST
Edit.DD.20120530.0710.CEST

This post has been edited by DetlevD: May 30 2012, 06:10

--------------------

+Quote Post
BOSS TAGGER
post May 27 2012, 15:40
Post #27

QUOTE (DetlevD @ May 27 2012, 08:07) *
Your screenshot shows that the new donwloaded (streamed) files are tagged with three different tag-types ID3v1, ID3v2.3, APE.

Note:
Mp3tag has a priority system for tag-types (APE > ID3v2 > ID3v1).
Reading the APE tag-type dominates before reading the ID3v2 tag-type, which dominates before reading the ID3v1 tag-type.

I assume that the SPRINT download service wants to go the safe way and does tag the files with three different tag-types, in order to offer at least one suitable tag-type, which hopefully will work together with any unknown receiving device.

When Mp3tag is set to display the APE tag-type, you cannot see what data is stored in the other tag-types.

If you manipulate tag-field data using Mp3tag while the view and writing is put on to the APE tag-type, this could not have any effect to the LG RT, when the LG RT does not know to handle the APE tag-type, probably because it can handle only the ID3 tag-type, v1 or v2.3 or both.

How the LG RT really works, we do not know, because the lack of provider documentation, and because of of the inability to carry out systematic tests.

It would be of interest, using Mp3tag with one fresh downloaded file, if you can investigate each of the three tag-types separately with their each own set of tag-fields and their stored data per tag-field, and tell us the detailed result.

It would be helpfull to find out, what tag-type is supported by the LG RT.

DD.20120527.0806.CEST

Good Morning from LA:

I'll be brief as I'm going in a million directions.

1) SPRINT DOWNLOAD SERVICE is a non-entity is this whole process. I have never used the service and don't plan to.

The songs are either streamed (from SPOTIFY or YOU TUBE) or transferred from CD's. The radio shows are streamed from the appropriate website (BBC, a radio station, etc.).

2) I will try and find some time to try your suggested experiment and will report back. I will also try the variations with ALBUM ARTIST versus ALBUMARTIST, etc. and let you know what happens.

It is kind of maddening it took this long to figure out what works at the moment, but that is how life is when you are new to something.

Thanks.

NORM

+Quote Post
BOSS TAGGER
post May 29 2012, 04:24
Post #28

After continuing to experiment (and I've run out of time and PATIENCE), I have found the ONLY way to get all selections into an ALBUM is to ensure that ARTIST and ALBUMARTIST have the identical information. WHATEVER!

The attached slide shows how I get around it all by "simply" pasting the artist's name into the TITLE field. Since I have to manually add the track numbers, so what! Then, I highlight all the selections, make the ARTIST and ALBUMARTIST the same and add my artwork.

WAH-LAH.

Some day (month, year, decade) when I get new energy, I'll try the other experiments requested above.

Again, thanks for all the help, but this is what works on my phone.

I got to 100; who cares whether it is 50-50 or 32-68!

NORM
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
ohrenkino
post May 29 2012, 06:33
Post #29

Member No.: 11458
Mp3tag Version: 2.64

ZITAT(BOSS TAGGER @ May 29 2012, 05:24) *
...ensure that ARTIST and ALBUMARTIST have the identical information...

This looks an awful lot like the advice from post #4, now 24 posts later.

--------------------
42 - wie war die Frage / what was the question / comment était la question

+Quote Post
DetlevD
post May 29 2012, 06:47
Post #30

QUOTE (BOSS TAGGER @ May 29 2012, 05:24) *
... The attached slide shows how I get around it all by "simply" pasting the artist's name into the TITLE field. Since I have to manually add the track numbers, so what! Then, I highlight all the selections, make the ARTIST and ALBUMARTIST the same and add my artwork. ...

Did you do this processing using Mp3tag or using the LG RT?
Hm...
- artist's name into the TITLE field
- ARTIST and ALBUMARTIST the same
... sounds to me, as if there are now three tag-fields with the same value.

DD.20120529.0747.CEST

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th September 2014 - 20:54