IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Notice!

Please take a minute to check our Frequently Asked Questions. Use Search to reveal possible related topics.

Also make sure you've read the Forum Guidelines before posting in this forum.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Suggestion - Duplicates
eXo
post Aug 5 2005, 21:37
Post #1

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2016
Mp3tag Version: 2.32

Not sure if i missed something or not but it would be nice if you could work in a way for MP3Tag to do duplicate file name scans. But not by exact filename matches rather partial file name matches.

example:
doing a scan or listing would somehow inform the user the following files were found...

Evanescence - My Immortal.mp3
Evanescence - My Imm.mp3
Evanescence My Immortal.mp3
Evanesnce - My Imortal. mp3

You get the idea i think. This is a very handy feature that i curently have to find and use from a differnt program and i would really like to only use yours. Its fine that some programs will search for zero byte files and such but it really helps to find partial file name matches and then i can delete the duplicates easily.

Your thoughts on this?

Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
KaraokeK
post Feb 11 2007, 22:01
Post #2

Member No.: 3806
Mp3tag Version: 2.46b

Are there anymore thoughts?
Even finding duplicate title tags would help.

Surely this can't be beyond MP3TAG. - I'm even using it to cook breakfast and make a cup of tea biggrin.gif

Seriously, with all the input from the forum, it does seem to be able to cope with just about anything you throw at it.

Cheers

+Quote Post
noroom
post Feb 11 2007, 22:38
Post #3

Member No.: 3335
Mp3tag Version: 2.48

As you can see here, this feature has been suggested before, and Florian isn't sure whether to add this or not.

I'm a big supporter of this feature, because it would save me from having to use a separate program (dupeGuru ME), but I have to admit this does go a little beyond the scope of an mp3 tag editor.

But if this was added to Mp3tag, it would certainly appeal to a broader audience. Many people out there already have tagging software they feel comfortable with, but not duplicate-finding software. This could be a point to buy them over with! smile.gif

--------------------
(because we all love Mp3Tag)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd October 2014 - 03:21