IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Notice!

Please take a minute to check our Frequently Asked Questions. Use Search to reveal possible related topics.

Also make sure you've read the Forum Guidelines before posting in this forum.

> Several advanced fields missing in "Tag Panel"
Dreamer
post Oct 18 2005, 18:23
Post #1

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2245
Mp3tag Version: 2.37a

I miss several advanced fields in "Tag Panel" for: Composer, Encoded by...

I'd like to change/remove several comments (above) for more files at once.

Some ot these items are also in Winamp, so I wonder why they are missing in the best mp3tag editor. smile.gif

--------------------
Dreamer
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Listener
post Apr 22 2006, 20:59
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 3052
Mp3tag Version: 2.35

Add me to the list of users who would like to add tags to the panel on the left side of the screen.

I now edit the composer, conductor and band tags by selecting a group of files, right clicking and choosing Tags from the menu. Since I am usually adding these tags, I click on the add field button and type the field name (Composer) and then its value. After I have added the tags I want for this selection of files (and edited other tags), I click on the "Ok" button. This process requires a lot of keystrokes and is quite cumbersome when you make changes to many files.

I would like to add additional tag fields to the panel on the left side of the screen. Then I could just select a set of files and type the values I want in left panel. Adding and editing tags would be much faster and so much more natural with this modification.

---
I use MP3 and Flac files and need the Composer, Conductor, Performer and Band tags. (I use the J. River Media Center 11 player and found that it stored TPE2 tag values in its Band field so I add Band tags to my Flac fields.)

Another user recommended MP3tag to me and I really like it. Thanks for your effort in creating such a useful program.

Bill
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 14:25