IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Notice!

Please take a minute to check our Frequently Asked Questions. Use Search to reveal possible related topics.

Also make sure you've read the Forum Guidelines before posting in this forum.

> Several advanced fields missing in "Tag Panel"
Dreamer
post Oct 18 2005, 18:23
Post #1

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2245
Mp3tag Version: 2.37a

I miss several advanced fields in "Tag Panel" for: Composer, Encoded by...

I'd like to change/remove several comments (above) for more files at once.

Some ot these items are also in Winamp, so I wonder why they are missing in the best mp3tag editor. smile.gif

--------------------
Dreamer
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Florian
post Apr 25 2006, 08:36
Post #2

Developer

Group: Admin
Member No.: 203
Mp3tag Version: 2.65a

The current Development Build link was pointing to v2.35n (and v2.35m before). So it's not a link which was not updated (one of the more than 4500 who downloaded the latest build would have notified me).

Please first make sure that you've installed Mp3tag v2.35n. You can check this by going to C:\Program Files\Mp3tag, right click on Mp3tag.exe and choose 'Properties'.

If you have the latest version installed please give us a little bit more feedback to the runtime error you were talking about. Does this error occurs immediately after startup or can you see the splash screen. Are some files added to the file list? Which operating system are you using?

Best regards,
Florian

--------------------
♫ If you like using Mp3tag please donate to support further development.

+Quote Post
Listener
post Apr 25 2006, 18:50
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 3052
Mp3tag Version: 2.35

QUOTE (Florian @ Apr 25 2006, 00:36)
The current Development Build link was pointing to v2.35n (and v2.35m before). So it's not a link which was not updated (one of the more than 4500 who downloaded the latest build would have notified me).

Please first make sure that you've installed Mp3tag v2.35n. You can check this by going to C:\Program Files\Mp3tag, right click on Mp3tag.exe and choose 'Properties'.

If you have the latest version installed please give us a little bit more feedback to the runtime error you were talking about. Does this error occurs immediately after startup or can you see the splash screen. Are some files added to the file list? Which operating system are you using?

Best regards,
Florian

Just for the record.

A few days ago I downloaded and installed the developer build using the link

Download Mirrors:
mp3tagv235nsetup.exe

That version didn't crash but the help system wasn't working and I couldn't find any evidence of the new tag feature. The "About MP3tag" dialog said v2.35 (NO letter) and January 7, 2006. I tried to install this development in addition to the working 2.34a version I had been using. The new version replaced the old version or made it inaccessible. The help system did not work. So I had not clue what was going on. Maybe the new Tag Panel feature was present but without documentation I didn't find it if it was present.

After I saw the message from Sebastian Mares, I tried uninstalling the development version I had and downloading and installing the version pointed to by the link

--------------------
(check mark, MP3tag graphic) latest version: Mp3tag v2.35

near the bottom of the page. This link pointed to a different file than the file pointed to by the link at the top. This second version produced an immediate runtime error crash. I immediately emailed the error log to you. If you had asked for additional information in the error dialog, I would have supplied it.

As described below, I have already responded to your email and uninstalled the second version and instqalled the version you specified. So I can't provide more information without uninstalling the working version and reinstalling the crashing version.

I'm using Win XP on a recent laptop with 512 MB of Ram and a mobile Pentium processor (2.6 or 2.8 GHz.) I have used MP3tag for several months on MP3 and Flac files.

----
Today, I followed your instructions, downloading and installing another version for which you gave me a link. This version does not produce a crash and seems to operate properly. However, while I can display values for a field I added to the Tag Panel, I am unable to make any changes. I described this problem in my response to your email.

I'd be happy to contribute in futher beta testing for the Tag Panel feature.
---

My earlier email was a response to the email by Sebastian Mares. I reported my experience without any criticism of you or the MP3tag program.

Bill

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st November 2014 - 01:25