IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Notice!

Please take a minute to check our Frequently Asked Questions. Use Search to reveal possible related topics.

Also make sure you've read the Forum Guidelines before posting in this forum.

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mp3tag v2.35n in Linux, Mp3tag v2.35n running perfectly in Linux
Florian
post Apr 10 2009, 21:59
Post #31

Developer

Group: Admin
Member No.: 203
Mp3tag Version: 2.66

Hi nickless,

thanks for taking the time to test this! I had a hard time deciphering the log but I think I've found the issue (which might be with Wine wink.gif).

Mp3tag uses the Listview control in callback mode where items are not initialized with the actual item text but with a hint to the control that it should ask back if it wants the text for a given item/subitem combination (text set to LPSTR_TEXTCALLBACK and mask to LVIF_TEXT | LVIF_PARAM when adding items). The application then handles the LVN_GETDISPINFO message and provides the text only if necessary.

On native Windows this message is only sent, when there is at least one column to display text. This is not the case in Wine where the message is also sent for Listviews which have no columns at all. Since the album you've used for testing doesn't contain any title information on Amazon side, no column was added to the tracks list -- but Wine asked Mp3tag to display text for the item in the list.

I think it's somewhere in dlls/comctl32/listview.c at LISTVIEW_GetItemT but this is only a vague guess.

I've also sent you a link to an internal version. It would be great if you could confirm the workaround on Mp3tag side.

Thanks!

Florian

--------------------
♫ If you like using Mp3tag please donate to support further development.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nickless
post Apr 10 2009, 22:43
Post #32

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 1114
Mp3tag Version: 2.49

Hi Florian,

QUOTE (Florian @ Apr 10 2009, 22:59) *
I had a hard time deciphering the log but I think I've found the issue (which might be with Wine wink.gif).

Thanks, I'll bugreport this issue to the wine team if it is not known yet.

QUOTE (Florian @ Apr 10 2009, 22:59) *
I've also sent you a link to an internal version. It would be great if you could confirm the workaround on Mp3tag side.

I've tested it on several albums, including the one I mentioned before, it seems to work fine now smile.gif

Thanks,
nickless walkman.gif

--------------------
My Exports

/(bb|[^b]{2})/ that is the question...
user posted image - emerge the world

+Quote Post
Florian
post Apr 10 2009, 22:45
Post #33

Developer

Group: Admin
Member No.: 203
Mp3tag Version: 2.66

QUOTE (nickless @ Apr 10 2009, 23:43) *
I've tested it on several albums, including the one I mentioned before, it seems to work fine now smile.gif

Great smile.gif Thanks again!

Florian

--------------------
♫ If you like using Mp3tag please donate to support further development.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st December 2014 - 21:06