IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Notice!

Please take a minute to check our Frequently Asked Questions. Use Search to reveal possible related topics.

Also make sure you've read the Forum Guidelines before posting in this forum.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Can't get total albums script to work
Zelbinian
post Sep 17 2006, 19:43
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3689
Mp3tag Version: 2.36a

I've spent hours on this. :frustration: After I finally figured out that, for some un-Godly reason, %track% and %_total% return tracknumbers in different formats, I'm still running into problems. Basically, I want this loop to sort by album, and increment a counter variable everytime it finds a complete album, this telling me how many complete albums I have in any folder.

Here's my code (carriage returns are entered in for readability):
CODE
List compiled by %_app%
Updated:'['COLOR="Blue"']'%_date%'['/COLOR']'
$puts(no_albums,0)
$loop(%album%)
$if($eql($left(%track%,2),%_total%),$puts(no_albums,$add(1,$get(no_albums))),)
$loopend()
Added:

'['COLOR="Blue"']''['SIZE="5"']'MUSIC'['/COLOR']' - '['COLOR="Red"']'$get(no_albums) Albums'['/COLOR']' and change

For some reason, it outputs zero, even though when change $puts to $put it returns numbers other than zero. Even this is weird. I was testing it on an folder with 2 albums and a single track in it. The count it should have returned while looping was 1, 2. It returned 1, 2, 6. I have NO idea where that 6 is coming from, especially since no_albums can only be increased by one and that output occurs EVERYTIME that function is called.

So, not only is the function being magically called a 3rd time, it's also being increased magically by 4. Can anyone help?!? Argghghg.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dano
post Sep 17 2006, 21:02
Post #2

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 201
Mp3tag Version: 2.65

CODE
List compiled by %_app%
$loop(%album%)

$puts(no_albums,$if(%track%,$if($eql($num(%track%,2),$num(%_total%,2)),$add(1,$get(no_albums)),$get(no_albums)),$get(no_albums)))

$loopend()

and don't use $puts(no_albums,0)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zelbinian
post Sep 18 2006, 00:49
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 3689
Mp3tag Version: 2.36a

QUOTE (dano @ Sep 18 2006, 06:02) *
CODE
List compiled by %_app%
$loop(%album%)

$puts(no_albums,$if(%track%,$if($eql($num(%track%,2),$num(%_total%,2)),$add(1,$get(no_albums)),$get(no_albums)),$get(no_albums)))

$loopend()

and don't use $puts(no_albums,0)

Thanks, that works, but . . . could someone perhaps explain to me why that code works and what I was using didn't? I mean, I mostly get why yours works. You make sure to update the variable everytime through the loop, either with a new value or the previous one. But that $if(%track%... statement confuses me. How does that make the distinction between a file that is part of an album and a file that isn't? The way that I have my media library set up it's probably not gonna matter, but in this case the program is sure execute that then statement for every single one of my 4100+ mp3s instead of saving some processing power by skipping over the ones that it knows are not part of an album.

Mostly, I'm confused about why my code *doesn't* work . . .

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2014 - 15:40