IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Notice!

Please take a minute to check our Frequently Asked Questions. Use Search to reveal possible related topics.

Also make sure you've read the Forum Guidelines before posting in this forum.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mass Batch-Import of Cover Art & Album Tag from Directory
hypa
post Oct 25 2006, 16:27
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3860
Mp3tag Version: 2.36h

I did use the search function for the forum and actually read through pretty much everything written within the last 6 months or so. even though, there were some topics covering parts of my question, I still don't get it. (<- could be entirely me though ;-))

I have sorted my mp3's into "Artist - Album Title" folder structures (e.g. G:\-=incoming=-\_XX_\_BUDDHA\Buddha Bar - Volume 7) and was wondering if there is a possibility to make mp3tag look through the 100s of directories and if it finds a file called "cover.jpg" within a directory to import this as cover art into the mp3 file(s). all my covers are named "cover.jpg" and they are stored within the corresponding directory.

The other thing is, I tried to name the Album Tag within the mp3 file with the Filename-Tag function (%album\%artist% - %title%) without the () using the above mentioned directory structure, but the Album tag didnt take. I actually only wanted it to take e.g. the last part of the directory structure anyway e.g. "Buddha Bar - Volume 7" without the rest of the path.
didnt it work because of the path being too long or having underscores and whatnot in it?

any help greatly appreciated

and yes, my creative brain part works fantastic, my analytical (needed for strings) part sux ;-)

This post has been edited by hypa: Oct 25 2006, 16:28
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hypa
post Oct 27 2006, 18:02
Post #2

so, got the cover-thingy working by playing around a bit.

still not any wiser on the directory thing though. keep playing but if anyone feels like sharing, comments welcome.

cheers

+Quote Post
dano
post Oct 27 2006, 18:28
Post #3

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 201
Mp3tag Version: 2.59a

Try %album%\%dummy%

--------------------

+Quote Post
hypa
post Oct 27 2006, 19:21
Post #4

very cool. thanks

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 10:15