IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Notice!

Please take a minute to check our Frequently Asked Questions. Use Search to reveal possible related topics.

Also make sure you've read the Forum Guidelines before posting in this forum.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Convert Filename-Tag. Two fields with same value
Dr Music
post May 2 2008, 17:02
Post #1

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 4362
Mp3tag Version: 2.37a

Hi!

I do a lot of auto-tagging using the Convert Filename-Tag function. I recently added
%ALBUMSORTORDER% to my normal tagging routine as I want to put the year in it so the albums show up chronologically on my iPod.

Here is what I normally do to fill in all the fields: %artist%\%year% %album%\%track% %title%.

How can I fill the %ALBUMSORTORDER% field with the year at the same time? Is that even possible?

Thanks,
Scott
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Florian
post May 6 2008, 17:09
Post #2

Developer

Group: Admin
Member No.: 203
Mp3tag Version: 2.64

No, this is not possible. But you can use an action Format value to copy the %year% to the ALBUMSORTORDER field.

--------------------
♫ If you like using Mp3tag please donate to support further development.

+Quote Post
Pazuzu
post May 9 2008, 10:48
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 6992
Mp3tag Version: 2.41

QUOTE (Dr Music @ May 2 2008, 17:02) *
Hi!

I do a lot of auto-tagging using the Convert Filename-Tag function. I recently added
%ALBUMSORTORDER% to my normal tagging routine as I want to put the year in it so the albums show up chronologically on my iPod.

Here is what I normally do to fill in all the fields: %artist%\%year% %album%\%track% %title%.

How can I fill the %ALBUMSORTORDER% field with the year at the same time? Is that even possible?

Thanks,
Scott

What is %ALBUMSORTORDER% used for? Tracks already have %YEAR%, so if the ipod would just group albums by their year it would work automatically. (Unless its a compilation because then every song in the album can have a different year or usually no year at all.) And then there is %BANDSORTORDER%... *sigh*...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2014 - 09:05