IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Whole Album/Directory Lyrics Tool, Created a Lyrics Tool... help me improve it :)
ResidualImages
post Apr 12 2012, 17:45
Post #61

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 7166
Mp3tag Version: 2.46a

QUOTE (entdh @ Apr 12 2012, 11:33) *
it seems to take ages just to do an album or 2 (around 10 -15 minutes?) and will hang sometimes with loads of little windows open and state 'internet explorer has stopped working'
I use windows 7 and IE9 if that is important?

Hello and welcome, Entdh!

May I ask what version of Windows you are using? As in, is it a European version?

There should only be ONE Internet Explorer window visble, if the 'make invisble' fails. your version you downloaded is 1.0.0.14, correct? (right click, properties, details, file version)

I just checked from a freshly downloaded copy, and an album with 12 songs took about 15-20 seconds, and I tried it twice.

I will work with you further to troubleshoot, I'm just clearing up the first questions.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
entdh
post Apr 13 2012, 13:10
Post #62

Member No.: 16326
Mp3tag Version: 2.5

QUOTE (ResidualImages @ Apr 12 2012, 17:45) *
Hello and welcome, Entdh!

May I ask what version of Windows you are using? As in, is it a European version?

There should only be ONE Internet Explorer window visble, if the 'make invisble' fails. your version you downloaded is 1.0.0.14, correct? (right click, properties, details, file version)

I just checked from a freshly downloaded copy, and an album with 12 songs took about 15-20 seconds, and I tried it twice.

hello and thank you for the welcome
Windows 7 I bought in the UK....
I get lots of small windows running (each one says 'searching lyricswiki') each one has an estimated time (in seconds) but it takes much longer.
if I look at task manager and processes during this time then iexplore.exe is running many times.

sometimes I will get a an error message stating Internet explorer has stopped working, and sometimes an explorer window will pop up

I am not at home at the moment but I am sure I am running the latest version, I will check when I get home book.gif

otherwise it seems to work pretty well - just a bit slow, certainly nowhere near the 15-20 seconds that yours takes.

thanks again

entdh

+Quote Post
ResidualImages
post Apr 13 2012, 15:10
Post #63

QUOTE (entdh @ Apr 13 2012, 07:10) *
hello and thank you for the welcome
Windows 7 I bought in the UK....
I get lots of small windows running (each one says 'searching lyricswiki') each one has an estimated time (in seconds) but it takes much longer.
if I look at task manager and processes during this time then iexplore.exe is running many times.

sometimes I will get a an error message stating Internet explorer has stopped working, and sometimes an explorer window will pop up

I am not at home at the moment but I am sure I am running the latest version, I will check when I get home book.gif

otherwise it seems to work pretty well - just a bit slow, certainly nowhere near the 15-20 seconds that yours takes.

thanks again

entdh

when you get home, make sure you do *NOT* have 'for all selected files' checked.
your tool setup should look like this:

+Quote Post
entdh
post Apr 13 2012, 19:22
Post #64

QUOTE (ResidualImages @ Apr 13 2012, 15:10) *
when you get home, make sure you do *NOT* have 'for all selected files' checked.
your tool setup should look like this:

That seems to fix it - thanks for the help -I didn't follow the instructions properly.... dry.gif

a couple of other questions if i may?
does the program save a txt file in the mp3 folder? if so is this necessary? or can it be deleted? I assumed the lyrics are embedded in the mp3 tag?
also it doesn't always seem to find some lyrics which I checked and do seem to be on lyricwiki?
regards
entdh

+Quote Post
entdh
post Apr 13 2012, 19:44
Post #65

Oh ohmy.gif I seem to have another odd problem - I can't seem to read the readme pdf file....??

I read it before - and I was just checking if I had followed all the other instructions correctly now it hangs my adobe reader..

any thoughts?
regards
entdh

+Quote Post
ResidualImages
post Apr 13 2012, 20:15
Post #66

QUOTE (entdh @ Apr 13 2012, 13:22) *
That seems to fix it - thanks for the help -I didn't follow the instructions properly.... dry.gif

a couple of other questions if i may?
does the program save a txt file in the mp3 folder? if so is this necessary? or can it be deleted? I assumed the lyrics are embedded in the mp3 tag?
also it doesn't always seem to find some lyrics which I checked and do seem to be on lyricwiki?
regards
entdh

it's a long and precise process to get it set up, so no worries. smile.gif glad it's working now.

yes, the text files can be deleted once you do the "import lyrics", because the lyrics are then embedded in the MP3 file. i had a batch file that went through and automatically deleted all "*.txt" files within my music folders and subfolders.

if you can show me some examples of the songs that it's missing, i'll check into it!

+Quote Post
ResidualImages
post Apr 13 2012, 20:16
Post #67

QUOTE (entdh @ Apr 13 2012, 13:44) *
Oh ohmy.gif I seem to have another odd problem - I can't seem to read the readme pdf file....??

I read it before - and I was just checking if I had followed all the other instructions correctly now it hangs my adobe reader..

any thoughts?
regards
entdh

Google Docs Version of the PDF

+Quote Post
entdh
post Apr 13 2012, 22:50
Post #68

QUOTE (ResidualImages @ Apr 13 2012, 20:16) *

again thanks for your help
here is an example I just tried the album 'best of' by Blur and it only came back with lyrics for 8 of the tracks yet all 18 seem to be on lyricwiki
not sure if I am doing something wrong?

cheers
entdh

+Quote Post
entdh
post Apr 13 2012, 22:51
Post #69

oh and you wouldnt have a copy of that batch file would you? - it has been a few years since I wrote a batch file

cheers
entdh

+Quote Post
ResidualImages
post Apr 13 2012, 23:18
Post #70

QUOTE (entdh @ Apr 13 2012, 16:51) *
oh and you wouldnt have a copy of that batch file would you? - it has been a few years since I wrote a batch file

cheers
entdh

del /s "C:\PATH_TO_ROOT_OF_MUSIC_FOLDERS\*.txt"

obviously, replace the C:\PATH... bit with your correct path. this will delete ANY *.txt files, with no prompting, in all folders that are within the C:\PATH (or whatever) folder

+Quote Post
ResidualImages
post Apr 13 2012, 23:20
Post #71

QUOTE (entdh @ Apr 13 2012, 16:50) *
again thanks for your help
here is an example I just tried the album 'best of' by Blur and it only came back with lyrics for 8 of the tracks yet all 18 seem to be on lyricwiki
not sure if I am doing something wrong?

cheers
entdh

i'll look into that album this weekend. a lot has to do with the title of the song. "Best of" and "compilation" albums sometimes put lots of weird extra info in the title of the song by default. what is in the LyricsData.txt file if you do JUST that album? can you copy and paste contents here?

+Quote Post
entdh
post Apr 14 2012, 09:50
Post #72

QUOTE (ResidualImages @ Apr 13 2012, 23:20) *
i'll look into that album this weekend. a lot has to do with the title of the song. "Best of" and "compilation" albums sometimes put lots of weird extra info in the title of the song by default. what is in the LyricsData.txt file if you do JUST that album? can you copy and paste contents here?

text file is as follows
this does seem to happen with other albums, Ijust tried some ZZ top witjh similar results, but most of the eagles and deep purple seemed to work fine

C:\our files\music\Blur\Blur - The Best of Blur - 01 - Beetlebum.mp3|Blur|Beetlebum
C:\our files\music\Blur\Blur - The Best of Blur - 02 - Song 2.mp3|Blur|Song 2
C:\our files\music\Blur\Blur - The Best of Blur - 03 - There's No Other Way.mp3|Blur|There's No Other Way
C:\our files\music\Blur\Blur - The Best of Blur - 04 - The Universal.mp3|Blur|The Universal
C:\our files\music\Blur\Blur - The Best of Blur - 05 - Coffee & TV.mp3|Blur|Coffee & TV
C:\our files\music\Blur\Blur - The Best of Blur - 06 - Parklife.mp3|Blur|Parklife
C:\our files\music\Blur\Blur - The Best of Blur - 07 - End of a Century.mp3|Blur|End of a Century
C:\our files\music\Blur\Blur - The Best of Blur - 08 - No Distance Left to Run.mp3|Blur|No Distance Left to Run
C:\our files\music\Blur\Blur - The Best of Blur - 09 - Tender.mp3|Blur|Tender
C:\our files\music\Blur\Blur - The Best of Blur - 10 - Girls & Boys.mp3|Blur|Girls & Boys
C:\our files\music\Blur\Blur - The Best of Blur - 11 - Charmless Man.mp3|Blur|Charmless Man
C:\our files\music\Blur\Blur - The Best of Blur - 12 - She's So High.mp3|Blur|She's So High
C:\our files\music\Blur\Blur - The Best of Blur - 13 - Country House.mp3|Blur|Country House
C:\our files\music\Blur\Blur - The Best of Blur - 14 - To the End.mp3|Blur|To the End
C:\our files\music\Blur\Blur - The Best of Blur - 15 - On Your Own.mp3|Blur|On Your Own
C:\our files\music\Blur\Blur - The Best of Blur - 16 - This Is a Low.mp3|Blur|This Is a Low
C:\our files\music\Blur\Blur - The Best of Blur - 17 - For Tomorrow.mp3|Blur|For Tomorrow
C:\our files\music\Blur\Blur - The Best of Blur - 18 - Music Is My Radar.mp3|Blur|Music Is My Radar

+Quote Post
entdh
post Apr 14 2012, 12:25
Post #73

I notice that if i run the program several times it seems to pick up more lyrics each time.in fact after about 5 times there are only two tracks missing

interesting
entdh

This post has been edited by entdh: Apr 14 2012, 14:30

+Quote Post
ResidualImages
post Apr 14 2012, 17:18
Post #74

QUOTE (entdh @ Apr 14 2012, 03:50) *
text file is as follows
this does seem to happen with other albums, Ijust tried some ZZ top witjh similar results, but most of the eagles and deep purple seemed to work fine

i just faked the same setup you have, and I got all the songs except the ones with "&" in their name. And I only had to run it once, not 5 times. Strange. I'll have to play with things and see if I can make it fail but get better over time like you're describing.

As far as the ampersand issue I am sure I can create a fix. Thanks, I'll look into this. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
entdh
post Apr 18 2012, 11:07
Post #75

Hi
its me again
I set up your great app on my machine at work (don't tell the boss) but it does exactly the same - i.e. only gets a few of the lyrics but improves with several passes.

but I now often get another error
Line 8182 error subscript used with non array variable
I am not sure exactly what causes this, I have tried to repeat selections but it seems slightly random....?
this machine runs XP and IEv8

any thoughts?

regards
entdh

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 07:44