IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Notice!

Please take a minute to check our Frequently Asked Questions. Use Search to reveal possible related topics.

Also make sure you've read the Forum Guidelines before posting in this forum.

> Empty "Comment" tag (flac) removed when saving
Guest_T. A. G. Ger_*
post Sep 18 2008, 12:35
Post #1

Guests

Empty "Comment" tag (flac) removed when saving. Is the program really designed to remove empty tags when saving? Because it's not consistent right now. Only the default (not removable) tags which are shown in the tag panel are being removed from the files if the tags are empty. Why?

E.g. I have FLAC file(s) with "discname" & "comment" tags empty (in the file) and when I save the selected files, the "comment" tag is removed from the file(s). The empty "discname" tag is NOT removed (just like I want it to function). Why the comment tag is removed?

I know that I can bypass this by selecting "< keep >" from the comment dropdown box.. but it's hardly ideal and slows things down very much (I've a tagging (+external tool launching with CTRL+1) job which includes ~250 albums) + the fact that it's easy to forget. If I select files (an whole album) and at least one of the files have a comment tag filled with info, the "< keep >" appears and all of the comment tags are retained, even if some of them are empty.

One might argue that it's not a big deal to lose an empty tag from the file(s).. but, A) Mp3tag is not working consistently right now, and B) to me it's important.

I hope I explained the situation clearly.

Thanks for the GREAT program!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th December 2014 - 12:58