IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Notice!

Please take a minute to check our Frequently Asked Questions. Use Search to reveal possible related topics.

Also make sure you've read the Forum Guidelines before posting in this forum.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Auto delete ID3v1 tags?
dlanor78
post Mar 7 2004, 09:38
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 782

I'd like to request the option to automatically delete ID3v1 tags (if one is present) and write just ID3v2 tags when editing mp3 tags.

Right now I have Mp3tag set to read v1 and v2, write v2, and remove v1. That leaves me having to select the files I'm editing, remove the tags with the little red x, then save the tags to get the v2 only.

Is this making sense? Is it even a good idea? I'll try think of better ways to describe what I'm talking about if no one knows what I'm trying to say.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Florian
post Mar 7 2004, 23:39
Post #2

Developer

Group: Admin
Member No.: 203
Mp3tag Version: 2.61d

dlanor78,

sorry, but this feature is not planned. To speed up your tagging process, you can remove the tags and press Ctrl+Z (Undo) afterwards. This will write the old tags, using your specified tag writing settings.

Best regards,
~ Florian

--------------------
♫ If you like using Mp3tag please donate to support further development.

+Quote Post
Logan
post Mar 8 2004, 04:22
Post #3

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 762
Mp3tag Version: 2.43d

I was just coming to the forums to ask tihs very question.

Florian - What would it take to have this added to the list of upcoming features ?

+Quote Post
dlanor78
post Mar 8 2004, 06:30
Post #4

Member No.: 782

Thanks for the response Florian. I never thought to use the Undo hotkey like you said to do. This will help speed things up a bit smile.gif

+Quote Post
DiscoBitch
post Nov 30 2004, 16:01
Post #5

Member No.: 1341
Mp3tag Version: 2.26

QUOTE (Florian @ Mar 7 2004, 11:39 PM)
sorry, but this feature is not planned. To speed up your tagging process, you can remove the tags and press Ctrl+Z (Undo) afterwards. This will write the old tags, using your specified tag writing settings.

That's too bad - I don't want ID3v1 tags in my mp3s. Fortunately for me though I've written an MP3 utility that removes ID3V1 tags from all mp3s within a specified directory tree. (It also automatically creates M3U playlist files for each folder containing MP3s.) Anyone interested, please email me.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 14:08