IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Notice!

Please take a minute to check our Frequently Asked Questions. Use Search to reveal possible related topics.

Also make sure you've read the Forum Guidelines before posting in this forum.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Automatic Playlist Creation, Feature Request
Teqnilogik
post Mar 10 2004, 14:44
Post #1

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 779

I would like to see a feature built into Mp3tag that allows me to create a playlist automatically for every album in my music folder. For example, I'd like to be able to create a playlist in every album folder named "Album Name.m3u". The ability to change how the playlist is sorted would be nice too.

This post has been edited by Teqnilogik: Mar 10 2004, 15:12
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
killswitch
post Mar 11 2004, 09:38
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 795

Wow, I was just coming to post the exact same idea. Actually, I thought the feature might be there and I was just missing it. But yeah, Folder Name.m3u for each subfolder with mp3 files in it would rock.

BTW, MP3Tag has been indispensable to me for getting my files organized. Great job Florian!

Edit: Just noticed you can enable Automatic Playlist creation for when you modify an mp3 file and name it according to a format string, you can even make it not prompt you. If you go into a directory with mp3s you can click on a file and click save (no need to modify) and it will create the playlist correctly. Still, a tool to automatically do this recursively for all subdirs would be nice.

This post has been edited by killswitch: Mar 11 2004, 09:49

+Quote Post
Florian
post Mar 11 2004, 09:57
Post #3

Developer

Group: Admin
Member No.: 203
Mp3tag Version: 2.58

You can use the [Ctrl+Shift+P] keyboard shortcut, to recursively create playlists according to the format string at Options, Playlist for each subfolder. Please note that the files in Mp3tag's file view have to be sorted by directory.

If you want Mp3tag to create the playlists in the appropriate subfolders, you have to use a format string like
%_directory%\%artist% - %album%.m3u

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
~ Florian

--------------------
♫ If you like using Mp3tag please donate to support further development.

+Quote Post
Teqnilogik
post Mar 11 2004, 13:51
Post #4

Member No.: 779

Thanks Florian! CTRL+SHIFT+P works great.

+Quote Post
jonnyp
post Mar 29 2004, 18:29
Post #5

Group: Members
Member No.: 843

Can any of you please explain to me in greater detail what I have to do in order to do this?

I'm completely new to this program and I really need to automate this playlist creation process because I have over 1000 albums and only a few of them have playlists in their respective folders. And I can't be arsed to do one at a time.

I tried with putting what you said in the Options, Playlist but I don't understand what is meant by: "Please note that the files in Mp3tag's file view have to be sorted by directory."

It didn't work for me after I loaded my mp3 dir and pressed CTRL-SHIFT-P. It wanted to make a playlist out of all my files instead for each individual subfolder. :/

EDIT: never mind, I figured out what to do. Wicked program!

This post has been edited by jonnyp: Mar 29 2004, 18:46

+Quote Post
dropkicknu
post May 26 2004, 08:08
Post #6

Member No.: 953
Mp3tag Version: 2.34a

Image removed by moderation
http://home.comcast.net/~dropkicknu/Image2.gif

yo did you not see that button? man you have no idea how many times i've used that thing, and the export button, and everything else. i love this program!! i seriously spend way too much time using it!!

+Quote Post
Sebastian Mares
post May 26 2004, 10:00
Post #7

Member No.: 496
Mp3tag Version: 2.55a

dropkicknu, please link to such large images. The picture you posted might be a pain for modem users viewing the topic and will also screw the board layout.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

+Quote Post
dropkicknu
post Jun 11 2004, 22:56
Post #8

Member No.: 953
Mp3tag Version: 2.34a

QUOTE (Sebastian_Mares @ May 26 2004, 10:00 AM)
dropkicknu, please link to such large images. The picture you posted might be a pain for modem users viewing the topic and will also screw the board layout.

my most sincere apologies

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 11:02