IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Notice!

Please take a minute to check our Frequently Asked Questions. Use Search to reveal possible related topics.

Also make sure you've read the Forum Guidelines before posting in this forum.

> Windows explorer-like interface
agentsmith
post Apr 10 2009, 12:02
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9638
Mp3tag Version: 2.43

Hello everybody
I'm a newbie of MP3TAG from Italy smile.gif

I've used another MP3 tag editor called Eags On!, which I find really intuitive to use. Unfortunately it has been discontinued from the developer and it shows its age (no other file types support except mp3, freedb works 1/3 of the time, no album art support)

MP3TAG have a lot of powerful features and it looks to be actively developed and supported by the community. However I didn't find it much easy to use.

Maybe it's just my fault to be accustomed to the old program, but give it a try and compare the GUI differences.
MP3TAG wants to scan the entire MP3 folder every time, and it takes 10-15 minutes, plus I can't understand how to navigate between folders. It shows all my file in a looong list.

Why don't you add a windows-explorer like tree navigation on the left?
I suggest also to put the ID3 tag window in panes as well as file editing options, and browse them as windows options menus. There's plenty of space on the screen, many of the tiny icons could be replaced by the option panes concept.

Please take this just as a suggestion, I don't mean you have to throw away all the work, just a little polish of the GUI to be more Windows-like.

There's nothing better than try by yourself the editor I described, download it and compare
http://www.brothersoft.com/eags-on-95079.html

Cheers
Agentsmith

This post has been edited by agentsmith: Apr 10 2009, 12:05
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 02:41