Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [WS] Discogs ALL, Uses Discogs API sevice
Windjammer
post Oct 24 2009, 15:37
Post #46

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 1756
Mp3tag Version: 2.56

Pufas, this script is, like the Americans say, awesome!

I'm working with this release right now and there seem to be a quite few things that don't work as expected. This is a very complex album so I'm not so surprised.

http://www.discogs.com/Ti%C3%ABsto-Kaleido...release/1950200

The script does not grab:

CREDITS (over all) as in writing the full content into the %credits% tag. It grabs all individual parts in the CREDITS except "Written-By, Co-producer - D.J. Waakop Reijers-Fraaij* , T.Verwest*" where it only grabs the Co-producer. BTW I love the way you get the full names and removes numbers, (2) ,and stars, *. The "Written-By" tag comes out blank.

CREDITS (individual) comes out in the TMPCR tag as
<role>Featuring</role><name>Jónsi</name><role>Vocals</role><name>J.Young</name><role>Written By</role><name>Jón Þór Birgisson</name>
So here you would like to have the Featuring put in the FEATURING tag, the Vocals in the VOCALS tag and the Written By in the COMPOSER tag.

I understand the problem of having 2 input sources for the same tag. In my personal opinion I think it's wise to split them (Over All & Individual) into different tags and then use Actions in mp3tag to distribute them into what ever tag you want.

This script is a gold mine for me! Tagging music is so much fun now! Now I'm only waiting for iTunes being able to use all tags...

EDIT: Spelling Errors.

This post has been edited by Windjammer: Oct 24 2009, 17:51
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Innuendo
post Oct 24 2009, 15:59
Post #47

Member No.: 11114
Mp3tag Version: 2.50

QUOTE (Windjammer @ Oct 24 2009, 09:37) *

Holy crap...calling that release complex is an understatement. I don't know what I was expecting when I clicked that link, but wow...it's almost like each song has its own stand-alone list of credits.

Lucky for us, Pufas seems to thrive on challenges like this. I'll be very surprised if he can't solve it.

+Quote Post
Pufas
post Oct 24 2009, 20:00
Post #48

Member No.: 5857
Mp3tag Version: 2.49a

QUOTE (dano @ Oct 24 2009, 13:08) *
With Mp3tag 2.44e it will not display empty tag fields anymore, so to remove a temporary tag field, just set it empty:
set "TMP1"

Then you won't see it anymore in the tag window.

Btw why do you use
say " "
on all notes fields e.g.
outputto "VOCALS"
say " "

I added this to remove any present tags without deleting tags inside mp3tag (saves time).

--------------------
()/)
( '.') <( MP3TAG kicks ass! )
((')(')

+Quote Post
Pufas
post Oct 24 2009, 20:37
Post #49

QUOTE (Windjammer @ Oct 24 2009, 15:37) *
Pufas, this script is, like the Americans say, awesome!

I'm working with this release right now and there seem to be a quite few things that don't work as expected. This is a very complex album so I'm not so surprised.

The script does not grab:

CREDITS (over all) as in writing the full content into the %credits% tag. It grabs all individual parts in the CREDITS except "Written-By, Co-producer - D.J. Waakop Reijers-Fraaij* , T.Verwest*" where it only grabs the Co-producer. BTW I love the way you get the full names and removes numbers, (2) ,and stars, *. The "Written-By" tag comes out blank.

CREDITS (individual) comes out in the TMPCR tag as
<role>Featuring</role><name>Jónsi</name><role>Vocals</role><name>J.Young</name><role>Written By</role><name>Jón Þór Birgisson</name>
So here you would like to have the Featuring put in the FEATURING tag, the Vocals in the VOCALS tag and the Written By in the COMPOSER tag.

I understand the problem of having 2 input sources for the same tag. In my personal opinion I think it's wise to split them (Over All & Individual) into different tags and then use Actions in mp3tag to distribute them into what ever tag you want.

This script is a gold mine for me! Tagging music is so much fun now! Now I'm only waiting for iTunes being able to use all tags...

EDIT: Spelling Errors.

Thank you for this detailed description, but I think you *FORGOT* to apply actions which are included, didn't you? (BTW, read my first post). Your *FAT* tiesto release tagged just fine for me, except minor issues in NOTES tag (which will be fixed in next update).
There is no such tag as %CREDITS%. All *credits* are divided into bunch of tags (i.e.):
Written By goes to AUTHOR tag, Vocals, Leading Vocals, Backing Vocals goes to VOCALS and ect. These tags are filled: overall credits + per track credits (i.e.): in this release
track 1 would have AUTHOR tag "DJ Waakop Reijers, Tijs Verwest, Jón Þór Birgisson".
You get the idea.

EDIT: v1.17 available. However "empty fields bug" still remains unsolved.

This post has been edited by Pufas: Oct 24 2009, 22:08

--------------------
()/)
((')(')

+Quote Post
morrison
post Oct 27 2009, 12:26
Post #50

Member No.: 5762

Hello Pufas
I tried to add a function to get CD names for their own purposes. (You do not plan to add it to your script?) And found the deadly discogs release - http://www.discogs.com/Raja-Ram-The-Anthol...release/1095287. Your script, and my modification - mp3tag die from lack of memory ..

UPD

like a temporary fix, I commented first "outputto "TMP2"" line in TOTALTRACKS section.

This post has been edited by morrison: Oct 27 2009, 16:01

+Quote Post
Pufas
post Oct 27 2009, 21:05
Post #51

QUOTE (morrison @ Oct 27 2009, 12:26) *
Hello Pufas
I tried to add a function to get CD names for their own purposes. (You do not plan to add it to your script?) And found the deadly discogs release - http://www.discogs.com/Raja-Ram-The-Anthol...release/1095287. Your script, and my modification - mp3tag die from lack of memory ..

UPD

like a temporary fix, I commented first "outputto "TMP2"" line in TOTALTRACKS section.

Hmm, I already done that, I guess I forgot to post new version. I'll do that right away.

EDIT: Done.

This post has been edited by Pufas: Oct 27 2009, 21:34

--------------------
()/)
((')(')

+Quote Post
morrison
post Oct 28 2009, 00:26
Post #52

biggrin.gif thank you

I found few another "hard" release ), if this interesting for you now..
I am afraid to seem obsessive, tell me if it is not necessary to send you links

http://www.discogs.com/Various-The-Great-B...release/1284962 - "Box Set" format, Reader&apos;s Digest in Publisher tag
http://www.discogs.com/Various-Travel-Sick.../release/619630 - error in Mediatype
http://www.discogs.com/Madvillain-Madvilla...release/1470374 - also have errors

This post has been edited by morrison: Oct 28 2009, 00:50

+Quote Post
Pufas
post Oct 28 2009, 10:35
Post #53

QUOTE (morrison @ Oct 28 2009, 00:26) *
biggrin.gif thank you

I found few another "hard" release ), if this interesting for you now..
I am afraid to seem obsessive, tell me if it is not necessary to send you links

http://www.discogs.com/Various-The-Great-B...release/1284962 - "Box Set" format, Reader&apos;s Digest in Publisher tag
http://www.discogs.com/Various-Travel-Sick.../release/619630 - error in Mediatype
http://www.discogs.com/Madvillain-Madvilla...release/1470374 - also have errors

lol, I guess I'll have some work then biggrin.gif
However I don't think all these could be fixed.
the real troublemaker here is TOTALTRACKS.

--------------------
()/)
((')(')

+Quote Post
Pufas
post Oct 28 2009, 10:51
Post #54

EDIT: there was some error in forum, and I got 2x last post.

This post has been edited by Pufas: Oct 28 2009, 10:52

--------------------
()/)
((')(')

+Quote Post
morrison
post Oct 28 2009, 11:09
Post #55

yes, very heavy function. I think removed this part from my mod, because my player not use them..

magic tagging biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Windjammer
post Oct 29 2009, 00:18
Post #56

Member No.: 1756
Mp3tag Version: 2.56

QUOTE (Pufas @ Oct 24 2009, 21:37) *
Thank you for this detailed description, but I think you *FORGOT* to apply actions which are included, didn't you? (BTW, read my first post). Your *FAT* tiesto release tagged just fine for me, except minor issues in NOTES tag (which will be fixed in next update).
There is no such tag as %CREDITS%. All *credits* are divided into bunch of tags (i.e.):
Written By goes to AUTHOR tag, Vocals, Leading Vocals, Backing Vocals goes to VOCALS and ect. These tags are filled: overall credits + per track credits (i.e.): in this release
track 1 would have AUTHOR tag "DJ Waakop Reijers, Tijs Verwest, Jón Þór Birgisson".
You get the idea.

EDIT: v1.17 available. However "empty fields bug" still remains unsolved.

Pufas,

Yes, you are right, I *forgot* the Actions part. So much even that I made some myself. Is there a way to get all the individual parts joined togeter to a *new* %CREDITS% tag? The reason being that the part-tags grabs the whole name and I would like to present all the individual tags as 1 &credits%, do you understand what I mean? Guessing there would be a fairly large amount of "if tag not empty then put tag in credits" kind of statements...

Another dream would also to be able to put Written By - Lennon (Tracks 2, 5, 6) on the right tracks, adding to existing Written By, if needed... You have seen how it looks in Discogs so I guess you know what I mean.

Anyway, I have been away from this for some time and I'll re-run the script and see what have changed. Thanks for replying to my questions anyway.

Love your script!

//Windjammer

+Quote Post
Pufas
post Oct 30 2009, 12:07
Post #57

QUOTE (Windjammer @ Oct 29 2009, 00:18) *
Pufas,

Yes, you are right, I *forgot* the Actions part. So much even that I made some myself. Is there a way to get all the individual parts joined togeter to a *new* %CREDITS% tag? The reason being that the part-tags grabs the whole name and I would like to present all the individual tags as 1 &credits%, do you understand what I mean? Guessing there would be a fairly large amount of "if tag not empty then put tag in credits" kind of statements...

Another dream would also to be able to put Written By - Lennon (Tracks 2, 5, 6) on the right tracks, adding to existing Written By, if needed... You have seen how it looks in Discogs so I guess you know what I mean.

Anyway, I have been away from this for some time and I'll re-run the script and see what have changed. Thanks for replying to my questions anyway.

Love your script!

//Windjammer

Try this:
Add action at the end of discogs xml
1. Format value.
CREDITS
CODE
[$if($eql(%AUTHOR%,),,Writen By - %AUTHOR%, )][$if($eql(%VOCALS%,),,Vocals - %VOCALS%, )] ... and ect.

2. Replace with regular expresion.
CREDITS
CODE
,$

field "Replace matches with" leave empty.

3. Remove all "credits fields" %AUTHOR%, %VOCALS% ... ect. (but not %CREDITS% !!)

About that Lennon tracks drop me a discogs link to that release and i'll try to do something about it but i can't promise anything.

--------------------
()/)
((')(')

+Quote Post
Pufas
post Oct 30 2009, 12:09
Post #58

QUOTE (morrison @ Oct 28 2009, 11:09) *
yes, very heavy function. I think removed this part from my mod, because my player not use them..

magic tagging biggrin.gif

did removing totaltracks solved your problems?

--------------------
()/)
((')(')

+Quote Post
morrison
post Oct 30 2009, 18:40
Post #59

QUOTE (Pufas @ Oct 30 2009, 14:09) *
did removing totaltracks solved your problems?

Yes, now everything is OK. I made 2 copies of the script - with and without counting the tracks.

But frankly "in battle" I have not tested it. In connection with the new features (Credits, etc.) I plan make batch tagging again for all my music and now preparing for this).

Although it seems to me that the script is already working well on all releases of the site)

About that Lennon tracks drop me a discogs link to that release and i'll try to do something about it but i can't promise anything.

I think something like this - http://www.discogs.com/Aesop-Rock-None-Sha...release/1055571 w00t.gif

Producer - Aesop Rock (tracks: A1, A3, B3, C1, C3) , Blockhead (tracks: A2, A4 to B2, B4, D1, D3)

A4 to B2
laugh.gif

This post has been edited by morrison: Oct 30 2009, 19:13

+Quote Post
UserName2
post Oct 30 2009, 23:34
Post #60

Group: Members
Member No.: 11202

Hi

Im new registered member here and have 3 questions if I may please for an answers.

1. In the very little explanation, how to use this script (first post of the topic) says that the user need to copy and paste the id of the release. This is useful when you need to check, correct and sort just a few releases but usually its not like that. Usually people need to manipulate with several houndreds of releases they they want to save to their music collection. In this case, copying and pasting the ids of releases wouldn't save any time. It needs to be done automatically - only with scanning the subfolders of the main folder. How could we do this so we can save some time with using the script?

2. Is it possible that the script checks specific folder and external (which would be added) .doc file; if the label's name AND ( ! ) exactly the same release, already exsist then it deletes (or at least shows that the duplicate already exsist) the subfolder (release) automatatically? If only the label's name already exsist then it makes the folder named with label's name and a symbol (which indicates that you already have something from this label) by your own choice for example '' ( ! ) ''. If label's name doesn't exsist (not on hard drive and not in .doc file) then it creates folder named with the name of the label and moves the releases, that belongs to it, inside this folder.

3. Is also possible that the script automatically checks for corrupted files (mp3 file is corrupted when in the yellow window, which appears if you move the mouse cursor on the icon, the line with ''Duration'' is NOT given) and NONmp3 files (files which aren't in mp3 format)?

Thank you.

+Quote Post

16 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 14:33