Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Change Bartók Béla to Bartok Bela (loose the special chars)
Mp3tag Forums > Mp3tag - International > Support
MrRalph
Hello, I'd like to rename folders (with a _DIRECTORY action) so that no special chars are being used. I'd like to allow a-Z, 0-9 and -_

The nicest would be that Bartók Béla (artist tag) is renamed to Bartok Bela in the foldername. Is this possible?

Thanks, Ralph
DetlevD
QUOTE (MrRalph @ Oct 12 2009, 20:14) *
Hello, I'd like to rename folders (with a _DIRECTORY action) so that no special chars are being used. I'd like to allow a-Z, 0-9 and -_
The nicest would be that Bartók Béla (artist tag) is renamed to Bartok Bela in the foldername. Is this possible? Thanks, Ralph

Read there: http://forums.mp3tag.de/index.php?s=&s...ost&p=33158

DD.20091012.2058.CEST
MrRalph
QUOTE (DetlevD @ Oct 12 2009, 20:58) *

Thanks very much, just what I need. Now that I have the action installed, how do I combine this with my _DIRECTORY action?
DetlevD
QUOTE (MrRalph @ Oct 12 2009, 22:22) *
Thanks very much, just what I need. Now that I have the action installed, how do I combine this with my _DIRECTORY action?

A possible way is described as following ... for example you want to apply the Action Group "UniToAsc.Diacritics" on some tag field ...

1. Run an Action Group which sets the UNI_TO_ASC working tag field to the value of your involved tag field _DIRECTORY.

2. Run the Action Group "UniToAsc.Diacritics".

3. Run an Action Group, which sets your tag field _DIRECTORY to the value of the UNI_TO_ASC working tag field and afterwards removes the UNI_TO_ASC working tag field.

So you will have three Action Groups ...

Begin Action Group UniToAsc.Get._DIRECTORY
Action #1
Actiontype 5: Format tag field
Field: UNI_TO_ASC
Formatstring: %_DIRECTORY%
End Action Group UniToAsc.Get._DIRECTORY (1 Action)

Begin Action Group UniToAsc.Diacritics
Action #1
Action #54
End Action Group UniToAsc.Diacritics (54 Actions)

Begin Action Group UniToAsc.set._DIRECTORY
Action #1
Field: _DIRECTORY
Formatstring: %UNI_TO_ASC%

Action #2
Actiontype 9: Remove fields
Fields to remove (semicolon separated): UNI_TO_ASC
End Action Group UniToAsc.set._DIRECTORY (2 Actions)

For repeated using ...

In the Action Group dialog list view toggle these groups to ON state and save this selection using the "Utils" menu to a group selection file.

[X] UniToAsc.Get._DIRECTORY
[X] UniToAsc.Diacritics
[X] UniToAsc.Set._DIRECTORY

Afterwards you are able to toggle your set of Action Groups as you need it by choosing the group selection file from the Utils menu.

DD.20091013.0907.CEST
Prorok Rak
QUOTE (DetlevD @ Oct 13 2009, 07:57) *
1. Run an Action Group which sets the UNI_TO_ASC working tag field to the value of your involved tag field _DIRECTORY.

Begin Action Group UniToAsc.Get._DIRECTORY
Action #1
Field: UNI_TO_ASC
Formatstring: %_DIRECTORY%
End Action Group UniToAsc.Get._DIRECTORY (1 Action)

Hi, is this still possible in v2.50? I can't see the option Format tag field in 'Select action type' dialog box.
DetlevD
QUOTE (Prorok Rak @ Mar 21 2012, 15:15) *
Hi, is this still possible in v2.50? I can't see the option Format tag field in 'Select action type' dialog box.

Hmm ... yes ... 'Format tag field' should correctly be named and spelled as 'Format value' when using the english version of Mp3tag.

DD.20120321.2032.CET
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.