Click to view attachment
Script Installation & Usage:
- use Mp3tag 2.50 (or newer) -
1. Download the zip file & extract it.
2. Move the extracted folders into the Mp3Tag profile folder:
(just copy&paste this into windows explorer adress bar).
3.a if you install my script for the first time:
Move the Discogs Pone 4 Web Script Settings.mp3 file into the Mp3Tag profile folder.
3.b if you update my script:
Delete the new Discogs Pone 4 Web Script Settings.mp3 file and keep your old one.
4. Load Discogs Pone 4 Web Script Settings.mp3 into Mp3tag.
6. Open the Extended Tags Window and edit the tag-field values of Discogs Pone 4 Web Script Settings.mp3 to customize the script.
7. ▼ Run this action group: Discogs Pone>Create Scripts .
8. ▼ Now you can use the web scripts.
The Discogs Pone 4 Web Script Settings.mp3 file stores your settings for the script. Do not overwrite it with the new settings mp3 file when you update the script. Keep you old file if you have customized it before.
Delete the new Discogs Pone 4 Web Script Settings.mp3 file when you update the scirpt and you have the file already from an earlier 4.x version of the script.
The old Discogs Pone Web Script Settings.mp3 file from the discogs pone mod 3.x is not compatible with the new 4.x script.
You don't have to run the export files manually, they are started by the action groups.
To change the options of the script at any time, reapeat steps 6 & 7.
What the script does:
- it can write all information from discogs in whatever tag-fields you like
- you have many different options how to format/combine/split/choose the discogs information
- you have 16 different ways to search for a release at discogs
- you have a extra script for releases which have more than one song in one track (tracklist for multi song tracks)
- you have a extra script for mp3s where you have the whole album in one file (tracklist for DJ Sets in one file). If the discogs page gives the tracklengths for that release, you can have a action which generates a .cue file based on the tracklength and names from discogs.
Version 4, what has changed?
Basically it's all new, but the biggest changes are:
- It is now based on Discogs API, not on Discogs HTML pages any more. This will it make more stable in the future.
- The setting file is now completely different. It has now 9 sections instead of the over 100 different fields.
Each section is one tag field. In these sections you have now the different options in different lines. Do NEVER change the text before this ">" character there.
- The artitst names can be written in many different ways now. More explanation on that in a few days.
It's the most complicated part of the script.
Anleitung und weitere Erklärungen auf Deutsch hier (nicht mehr ganz aktuell, betrifft noch die alte 3.x Version)
Click to view attachment