Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [X] Export to HTML with 'special' characters gets error?
Mp3tag Forums > Mp3tag - International > Bug Reports > No Bugs
Owen
Previous versions of mp3tag could export files to html with characters like the degree symbol (as in Celsius) or accent gravis, etc - now when I export, the characters have been replaced by funny symbols, if the browser is set (which it seems to be by default) to UTF-8. It looks like the Firefox browser doesn't like UTF-8 encoding/display for these newer files, so if I set the browser to Western Encoding, it works right. Same thing with IE 6.

What value do I set/edit in the Export 'html_mp3tag.mte' file to set the default character set so that my browser can understand it? OR is it there that I have to look?

I attach two files, "15[degrees] Off Cool.html", and "Bill Engvall - 15[degrees] - Off Cool"

I notice that in the first [older version] file, the degree sign is represented by the hex "C2 B0" which is a non-printing ANSI 'Latin capital letter A with circumflex' followed by the ANSI 'degree sign', while in the second, the character is hex "BA", which is ANSI for 'masculine ordinal indicator'

Thanks - hope this makes sense ...

--O--
dano
$filename(html,utf-8) must be at the beginning of the export file.
Owen
QUOTE (dano @ Nov 30 2009, 00:33) *
$filename(html,utf-8) must be at the beginning of the export file.

Thanks - it was "$filename(html)" - that did the trick!
Very impressive response time to post ... wow.
--O--
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.