Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Export or backup all tag fields
Mp3tag Forums > Mp3tag - International > Development > Export
Pages: 1, 2
dano
*** Mp3tagCompleteTags ***
*** Export or backup all tag fields ***

Here is a tool that lets you export all tag fields of the currently selected files

By default it only works if your Mp3tag settings are in %appdata%\Mp3tag
i.e. c:\Users\{user}\AppData\Roaming\Mp3tag\
It can be changed in the settings.ini file.

I) Installation:
  1. Copy Mp3tagCompleteTags.exe to a folder of your choice.
  2. Run it once and follow the instructions!
  3. In Mp3tag go to "Tools > Options > Tools" and add Mp3tagCompleteTags.exe as a tool.
    As parameter add "%_workingpath%" (with quotes)
    "[ ] for all selected files" must be unchecked!
  4. (Optional but recommended) Go to "Tools > Options > Messages"
    and disable "[ ] after change"

II) Then the usual procedure to export is:

for Mp3tag v2.47 and newer
  1. Select all the files you want to export in Mp3tag
  2. Right click on a file and select "Tools > Mp3tagCompleteTags"

for Mp3tag v2.46 and older
  1. Select all the files you want to export in Mp3tag
  2. Execute the action "Export#Generate"
  3. Right click on a file and select "Tools > Mp3tagCompleteTags"

Now the export dialog should be opened (if not open it with [Ctrl+E]) and you can use these export configurations:

002 csv tag dump
export all tag fields to a csv file
002 csv tag dump utf-16
export all tag fields to a csv file tab delimited

002 html tag dump
creates a html table of all tags

002 html tag dump (frames)
creates a html table of all tags with ID3v2 frame names in the header columns

003 txt tag backup
export all tags to a text file which you can reimport with "Convert > text file - tag"
The matching import string will be saved to the file 00 ImportString.txt

003 txt tag backup (per Folder) (check [X] One file per folder)
export all tags for each folder to a text file which you can reimport with "Convert > text file - tag"
The import string will be saved in the last line of each file.

Some additional files are also created in the data directory:
AutoColumns.ini
AutoColumns.Frames.ini
Two columns ini files that contains all tag fields. You can load them at "View > Customize Columns... > Utils"
Save your current columns settings first if you want to be able to restore them.

Auto-usrfields.ini
A tag panel ini file that contains all tag fields. Replace the original usrfields.ini with it to get all tag fields in the tag panel

Download:
v2.3
Click to view attachment

* Thanks to DetlevD for his export scripts that I used as template
dano
Changes:

v1.8
- Id3v2 frame names on column headers for some export template and AutoColumns.ini

v1.6
- Improved txt tag backup.mte

v1.5
- AutoTagpanel.ini file is created that contains all fields
You can rename it to usrfields.ini so you have all fields in the tag panel

- AutoColumns.ini columns file containing all tag fields

v1.4
- support for Mp3tag in portable mode (see ReadMe.txt)
newuser
Thank you for this. I tried using the instructions, but I can't get it to work.

I am using VISTA Home Premium (Does this program work in Vista?) and followed your instructions exactly (I think.)

My MP3 tag settings are in c:\Users\{user}\AppData\Roaming\Mp3tag\

I copied Mp3tagCompleteTags.exe to a folder and ran it. (Nothing seemed to happen)

I went to "Tools > Options > Tools" and added Mp3tagCompleteTags.exe as a tool. by clicking "new"
I entered a name, and browsed to the path for mp3tagcompletetags.exe.
I added the parameter "%_workingpath%" (without quotes)

I selected the files from my music folder (within MP3Tag) and when I use Ctrl+E I don't see 001 Generate in the export configuration box.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
dano
I've updated the exe file, I hope it's working now.
Also the parameter must be with quotes.
DetlevD
QUOTE (dano @ Dec 18 2009, 19:02) *
I've updated the exe file, I hope it's working now.
Also the parameter must be with quotes.

Hi Dano, hmm, with the new exe file there is something funny:
after the first run the explorer window view get automagically the F3 Search column invoked.
This does not happen with the first delivered exe file.

I would like to read some status messages when running Mp3tagCompleteTags.exe.
- The first run install process: start, running, complete.
- Run from inside Mp3tag: start, running, complete, maybe performance meter or status info at end, how many tag fields found etc.

I would like to have Mp3tagCompleteTags.exe not automatically installed in the Mp3tag system folder.

Using Excel or CSVed with the csv output file is quirky when a multiline unsyncedlyrics tag field is involved.

DD.20091218.1931.CET
newuser
Thanks for the updated exe.

I now see the 001 Gen file and when I execute it I get a dialog box indicating that file has been written. But when I open that file (AutoColumns.Names.txt) all I see are:

ALBUM
ARTIST
GENRE
TITLE
TRACK
YEAR

repeated for all the tracks, but no information.
(I also do not see any 002).

Thanks again.

newuser
I just tried it again, and now I do see 002, and it is generating files with information. However it is still exporting only

ALBUM
ARTIST
GENRE
TITLE
TRACK
YEAR

Do I have to add anything in order to export everything in the Tag?

Thank you for your help.
dano
Another update.

newuser: Do not tick "One file per directory"
Follow the instructions closely.

Detlev: I've fixed the search column trigger.
newuser
Thanks again. It's much better now. I see a lot of information, but there are a few fields that are still missing, i.e "comments"

These are the fields that show:
Filename
ALBUM
ARTIST
BAND
CONDUCTOR
GENRE
MIXARTIST
NETRADIOSTATION
ORIGARTIST
ORIGLYRICIST
TITLE
TRACK
UNSYNCEDLYRICS
YEAR

"Append Data" and "One File per directory" are unchecked.
dano
Can you write in more detail what you do?
newuser
I started over.

I downloaded Mp3tagCompleteTags.exe. I ran it once.

Added Mp3tagCompleteTags.exe as a tool.

Ran 001Generate

Selected all files

Opened MP3 tag, and selected all songs.

CTRL+E to export

Ran 002 csv tag dump

Only the tags mentioned above are exported.

I looked at the 00 Import string text file and this is what it shows

%_path% × %ALBUM% × %ARTIST% × %BAND% × %CONDUCTOR% × %GENRE% × %MIXARTIST% × %NETRADIOSTATION% × %ORIGARTIST% × %ORIGLYRICIST% × %TITLE% × %TRACK% × %UNSYNCEDLYRICS% × %WWW% × %YEAR%

Thanks

dano
Did you also select all files before you ran 001 Generate?
That is important.
newuser
Deleted 001 generate, all 002 and 00import text
Ran Mp3tagCompleteTags.exe
opened mp3 tag selected all files
added Mp3tagCompleteTags.exe under tools/options/tools
added "%_workingpath%" as parameter
checked for all selected files clicked ok
selected all files, CTRL+E ran generate 001
Append data and 1 file per directory are unchecked
then went to file export 002 generate. Still the same. :-(

ooimport text file shows
%_path% × %ALBUM% × %ARTIST% × %COMMENT% × %GENRE% × %LANGUAGE% × %TITLE% × %TRACK% × %YEAR%

I'll take a break for a little while, and try again later, but thanks for all your help.

dano
Please stick exactly to the instructions in my first post:

Select all the files you want to export
Open the export dialog [Strg+E]
"[ ] One file per directory" must not be ticked!
Export 001 Generate
Execute Mp3tagCompleteTags.exe via Mp3tag Tools
Open the export dialog again

Now you can use these export configurations:
002 csv tag dump
002 html tag dump
002 txt tag backup
newuser
1-Downloaded and Ran Mp3tagCompleteTags.exe

(00 ImportString.txt, 001 Generate, 002 csv tag dump, 002 html tag dump, 002 html tag dump are generated in the c:\Users\{user}\AppData\Roaming\Mp3tag\Export folder)

ImportString.txt contains %_path% × %ALBUM% × %Artist% × %GENRE% × %LENGTH% × %MEDIATYPE% × %TITLE% × %TRACK%

2-Ran MP3tag and went to "Tools > Options > Tools" and added Mp3tagCompleteTags.exe as a tool. Added "%_workingpath%" as parameter. (Checked "for all selected files" - (is this part right?)

3-Selected all the files I wanted (in MP3tag)

4-CTRL+E to export ("Append Data & One File per Directory" are UNCHECKED)

5-Highlighted 001Generate and clicked OK. Dialog box indicates "Display Export Files Now?" licked yes and it shows a list of fields with no information.

6-Ran MP3tagscompletetags and then selected 002 csv tag dump. Dialog box indicates "Display Export Files Now?" Clicked yes and the fields displayed are Filename ALBUM Artist GENRE LENGTH MEDIATYPE TITLE TRACK.

Do you think I may have a corrupted file somewhere?

Thanks for all your help Dano.
DetlevD
QUOTE (newuser @ Dec 20 2009, 14:58) *
... 2-Ran MP3tag and went to "Tools > Options > Tools" and added Mp3tagCompleteTags.exe as a tool. Added "%_workingpath%" as parameter. (Checked "for all selected files" - (is this part right?)

Do not check. This might cause your problem, because only last file will win the race.

Dano's Workflow ...

Step 1: Select all the files you want to export
You did:
3-Selected all the files I wanted (in MP3tag)
Step ok.

Step 2: Open the export dialog [Strg+E]
"[ ] One file per directory" must not be ticked!
Export 001 Generate
You did:
4-CTRL+E to export ("Append Data & One File per Directory" are UNCHECKED)
5-Highlighted 001Generate and clicked OK.
Dialog box indicates "Display Export Files Now?", clicked yes and it shows a list of fields with no information.
Step ok, but file content seems not ok.

Step 3: Execute Mp3tagCompleteTags.exe via Mp3tag Tools
You did:
6-Ran MP3tagscompletetags
Did you invoke the tool by the relating Mp3tag's Tool entry?
Step ok or not ok?

Step 4: Open the export dialog again
You did:
... and then selected 002 csv tag dump.
Dialog box indicates "Display Export Files Now?"
Clicked yes and the fields displayed are Filename ALBUM Artist GENRE LENGTH MEDIATYPE TITLE TRACK.
Step ok, is the file content ok?

DD.20091220.1730.CET
newuser
I tried again,and followed what you said, but the problem still persists.

... 2-Ran MP3tag and went to "Tools > Options > Tools" and added Mp3tagCompleteTags.exe as a tool. Added "%_workingpath%" as parameter. (Checked "for all selected files" - (is this part right?)

I unchecked "for all selected files"

Step 3: Execute Mp3tagCompleteTags.exe via Mp3tag Tools
You did:
6-Ran MP3tagscompletetags
Did you invoke the tool by the relating Mp3tag's Tool entry?
Step ok or not ok?

Yes I did invoke the tool.

Thanks.
newuser
I uninstalled Mp3tag and started everything from the beginning (slowly). Everything is working now.

Dano & Detlev, thank you very much for all your assistance.
dano
I've added more automation for Mp3tag v2.47 users.
It will call the Export#Generate action by sending key strokes.
cliver
Hi Danno,
I'm trying to give this util a go as I'm looking for something to export tags into exel.
I have downloaded the rar archive but when I try to extract the exe from it it say the file is broken??
I'm using 7zip. Is the archive corupted or something or am I doing something daft tongue.gif
Regards
Clive
dano
I've added a mirror link, try that.
Beluna
Dano,

I used your script to export my tag... looks great... Have a few questions:

1. when importing the tag back, under file name do I select importstring?

what if anything goes in the format string filed.

The problem I'm having is all of the info is not being returned in th ID2 fields, like composers, credits....

DetlevD
QUOTE (Beluna @ Jun 24 2011, 17:16) *
... when importing the tag back, under file name do I select importstring? ...

See description in post #1 of this thread ...
00 ImportString.txt file is automatically created to store the import string for tag import of the 002 txt tag backup
Use converter "Textfile - Tag" together with the formatstring from within this file.

DD.20110624.1756.CEST
Beluna
QUOTE (dano @ Dec 12 2009, 16:39) *
*** Export or backup all tag fields ***

Here is a tool that lets you export all tag fields of the currently selected files

How do I modify your tool to show only the following information with a line break between Artist and Artist Album's?

Example Layout

Artist Album Track# Title Copyright (I use this for the Media Format, i.e. Vinyl, Cas, CD)

Line Break

Artist Album Track# Title Copyright (I use this for the Media Format, i.e. Vinyl, Cas, CD)

Line Break

Thanks
dano
You don't need my tool for this, just make a new export configuration.
DetlevD
QUOTE (dano @ Mar 14 2011, 19:55)
... you can use these export configurations:
002 csv tag dump .......... export all tag fields to a csv file
002 csv tag dump utf-16 ... export all tag fields to a csv file tab delimited
002 html tag dump ......... make a html table of all tags
002 txt tag backup ........ export all tags to a text file which you can reimport with "Convert > text file - tag"

QUOTE (Beluna @ Jul 15 2011, 17:38) *
How do I modify your tool to show only the following information with a line break between Artist and Artist Album's? ...

'Beluna', what file from the above set of files do you want to change to get a changed output format?

Why do you want an empty line between the data lines?

Are you aware that a line breaked CSV data list might not work anymore as designed?

DD.20110715.2012.CEST
Beluna
QUOTE (DetlevD @ Jul 15 2011, 19:10) *
'Beluna', what file from the above set of files do you want to change to get a changed output format?

Why do you want an empty line between the data lines?

Are you aware that a line breaked CSV data list might not work anymore as designed?

DD.20110715.2012.CEST

I configured Dano's CSV tool to show only the Tags I need. However, if you've ever used it it simple runs all the info together.

I was hoping to separate the album listings with a line break like in a HTML file. But from what I've researched it can't be done.

Here's my mission. I want to be able to print a copy of my database with only the basics.

Dano's tool is perfect, but again, i'm looking for something to automate the line breaks...

I have over 150,000 songs... long time to add a line break but will do it manual over time if need be...

Thanks
DetlevD
QUOTE (Beluna @ Jul 15 2011, 20:53) *
I configured Dano's CSV tool to show only the Tags I need. However, if you've ever used it it simple runs all the info together. ..

That's the way how it has been designed, see the topic of this thread.

QUOTE (Beluna @ Jul 15 2011, 20:53) *
...I was hoping to separate the album listings with a line break like in a HTML file. ... I want to be able to print a copy of my database with only the basics. ... i'm looking for something to automate the line breaks...
I have over 150,000 songs... long time to add a line break but will do it manual over time if need be... Thanks

'Beluna', you should open a new topic, because your theme points into some other direction than the OP's thread theme, I think so.

If you need particular help on an existing Mp3tag export script, which you have modified by yourself to fit your needs, in order to create a HTML script to fit your needs, then post your script and someone may step in and may help.

Please study the export scripts in the Mp3tag forum area 'Export Configuration Archive' ...
http://forums.mp3tag.de/index.php?showtopi...post&p=7086
... and all the other numerous posted export scripts from Mp3tag users.

The HTML tag for a linebreak is <BR> and it can be inserted into a Mp3tag export script like this ...
'<BR>'

You can look into the script there ...
http://forums.mp3tag.de/index.php?showtopi...ost&p=53242
... how to apply a HTML linebreak.

DD.20110716.0800.CEST
Beluna
QUOTE (DetlevD @ Jul 16 2011, 06:50) *
That's the way how it has been designed, see the topic of this thread.

'Beluna', you should open a new topic, because your theme points into some other direction than the OP's thread theme, I think so.

thanks for all the assistance. I finally corrected the issue with yours and FLskydivers assistance.

Appreciate all the tutorial.
Mizery_Made
Don't know how I missed this! Unfortunately, the links are no longer working. sad.gif
dano
What do you get? It's working fine for me.
Mizery_Made
I kept getting timeout errors and such. Working now though, must've just been temporary server or network issues. Now to test this bad boy out. smile.gif
Brandi
QUOTE (DetlevD @ Dec 18 2009, 12:32) *
Using Excel or CSVed with the csv output file is quirky when a multiline unsyncedlyrics tag field is involved.

DD.20091218.1931.CET

I ran into this. Is there any way around this when an unsyncedlyrics tag is messing up the format?
dano
It works in OpenOffice.
If somebody knows how to make it work with Excel then I could implement it.
DetlevD
QUOTE (dano @ Dec 14 2011, 23:27) *
It works in OpenOffice.
If somebody knows how to make it work with Excel then I could implement it.

I do not know if it helps ... dry.gif
http://forums.mp3tag.de/index.php?showtopi...ost&p=45834

DD.20111215.0820.CET
Brandi
It didn't work for me. I just wrote my own. Thanks anyways.
smile.gif
DetlevD
QUOTE (Brandi @ Dec 15 2011, 19:27) *
It didn't work for me. I just wrote my own. Thanks anyways. smile.gif

So ... what did you do? Let us not die stupid!

DD.20111215.2005.CET
Viragored
Can you guys help me a bit? I want to export all the tags that are present within a set of mp3 files, without knowing in advance what those tags are.

I've carefully followed the steps at the start of this thread and am trying out the tool on a folder containing three albums by one artist. I now have in the music folder a text file (New export file.txt) which lists the titles and tracks of the three albums. See the picture attached.

What do I need to do to list out all the tags and their values? Mp3tag shows me that there are more tags in there than track title, including year, genre, album art, and some comments.

Please be kind to me as I don't yet understand what "looping" is all about ;-) But I am very willing to learn smile.gif
dano
It does not seem that you followed the instructions.
I don't know why you are messing with a New export file.txt file?
It's not related to my tool.
My program creates ready to use export configs that don't need any further editing.
Viragored
QUOTE (dano @ Dec 20 2011, 02:01) *
It does not seem that you followed the instructions.
I don't know why you are messing with a New export file.txt file?
It's not related to my tool.
My program creates ready to use export configs that don't need any further editing.

OK - I really don't understand what's going on :-(

What I want is to create a .csv or .txt file containing each tag and its value from the music files selected in mp3tag. Is this not the right tool to use to do that job?

Any suggestions for how I might create the file I want? Maybe I should start a new thread?
DetlevD
QUOTE (Viragored @ Dec 20 2011, 00:04) *
OK - I really don't understand what's going on :-( What I want is to create a .csv or .txt file containing each tag and its value from the music files selected in mp3tag. ... Any suggestions for how I might create the file I want?

Follow the instructions in post #1 of this thread and you have a chance to reach your goal.

DD.20111220.0035.CET
Viragored
QUOTE (DetlevD @ Dec 20 2011, 12:33) *
Follow the instructions in post #1 of this thread and you have a chance to reach your goal.

DD.20111220.0035.CET

Like I said, I really don't understand what's going on and could do with some basic guidance to help me learn. I think I've done the first steps as instructed. In the screenshot (capture1.jpg) is the Export dialogue, sitting on top of an artist folder with two album sub-folders.

The instructions in post #1 say, "you can use these export configurations". I typed in "002 csv tag dump" as a new export configuration, ran it and got a text file named "New Export File.txt" - I've attached that.

My aim is to be able to export from an artist folder all the tags and their values that are present in any album folders, not just the album name and track titles.

I've looked in the design of "002 csv tag dump" and really don't understand what I am seeing.

There is a line that says, "Use the loop(...) command do loop over specific fields of your files" - and I guess I need to learn what that is talking about. What is a loop(...) command? Where do I go to learn all this stuff? Help, please!
DetlevD
QUOTE (Viragored @ Dec 20 2011, 06:01) *
Like I said, I really don't understand what's going on and could do with some basic guidance to help me learn. I think I've done the first steps as instructed. ... The instructions in post #1 say, "you can use these export configurations". I typed in "002 csv tag dump" as a new export configuration, ran it and got a text file named "New Export File.txt" ... My aim is to be able to export from an artist folder all the tags and their values that are present in any album folders ...

The tool "Export or backup all tag fields" is made for people, who must not understand any line of code in the automatically created export scripts.
Applying the readymade created export scripts is only a matter of executing them, not looking into the export scripts or edit them.
Important are the result output files of type csv, html and text, which have been created by the readymade export scripts.
Note: You have not to create a new export script for yourself.
Note: You have not to type in any name for a new export script.

Before you try another attempt to install and apply the backup tool, it seems to be necessary, that you remove your erroneously manually created report scripts from the list of export scripts.
Open the Mp3tag export dialog and remove all export scripts with names starting with "002 ...".

Please go back to post #1 in this thread.
Install the "Mp3tagCompleteTags.exe" as described in the "Installation" instructions.
Make sure to apply the three steps in the order 1, 2, 3.

Then follow the instruction steps in the paragraph "Then the usual export procedure is".
Make sure to apply the steps in the given order.

Then the Mp3tag export dialog should be opened automatically (if not, then open it with [Ctrl+E]) and you execute the readymade export scripts to create the output files, which you want to work with in your further workflow.

Hmm ... your workflow ... please explain ... for what purpose do you need all the values from the tag-fields to be stored in external files outside of Mp3tag?

DD.20111220.0709.CET
Viragored
QUOTE (DetlevD @ Dec 20 2011, 18:49) *
Before you try another attempt to install and apply the backup tool, it seems to be necessary, that you remove your erroneously manually created report scripts from the list of export scripts.
Open the Mp3tag export dialog and remove all export scripts with names starting with "002 ...".

Please go back to post #1 in this thread.
Install the "Mp3tagCompleteTags.exe" as described in the "Installation" instructions.
Make sure to apply the three steps in the order 1, 2, 3.

Then follow the instruction steps in the paragraph "Then the usual export procedure is".
Make sure to apply the steps in the given order.

Then the Mp3tag export dialog should be opened automatically (if not, then open it with [Ctrl+E]) and you execute the readymade export scripts to create the output files, which you want to work with in your further workflow.

Hmm ... your workflow ... please explain ... for what purpose do you need all the values from the tag-fields to be stored in external files outside of Mp3tag?

DD.20111220.0709.CET

Thanks very much for the helpful reply.
Purpose - I want to export the tags to see if I can find out why my Squeezebox Server software is sorting some artists into incorrect locations, even though the tags seem correct. There must be something I'm not seeing on the screen.

I've done the following:
0. Removed from the export dialogue the 002... I had created
1. put Mp3tagCompleteTags in a folder
2. run Mp3tagCompleteTags (note: it had previously been run - does running it a second time stop it working?)
3. set the working path parameter, including quotes (note: already present from the first running of Mp3tagCompleteTags)
4. selected the files to examine
5. right-clicked the selection, chose tools/Mp3tagCompleteTags, and got the result shown in the attached screen shot capture1
6. opened the export dialogue which does not have 002... etc See screen shot capture2

Are you able to suggest how I might get this to work?
dano
In the Capture1 file, did you click on OK in the little Mp3tagCompleteTags Popup?
You have to do this before you open the Export dialog.
Well, first click on OK on the Mp3tag v2.49a Popup, then on the Mp3tagCompleteTags Popup

What's the content of the 001 Generate file?
You can also delete it and try again
Viragored
QUOTE (dano @ Dec 23 2011, 08:50) *
In the Capture1 file, did you click on OK in the little Mp3tagCompleteTags Popup?
You have to do this before you open the Export dialog.
Well, first click on OK on the Mp3tag v2.49a Popup, then on the Mp3tagCompleteTags Popup

What's the content of the 001 Generate file?
You can also delete it and try again

Thanks for the reply.
Yes, I did click on the popups, first the one from Mp3tagCompleteTags (which was on top) and then on the other one.

The 001 Generate file contains this:
$filename(C:Users\Us\AppData\Roaming\Mp3tag\data\columns\AutoColumns.Names.txt,ANSI)$loop(%_path%)$regexp($list($char(9),$char(9),$char(9)$char(13)$char(10)),'\t(.+?)\t.+?\t\r\n','$1\r\n')$loopend()

I have now deleted that 001 file, re-run Mp3tagCompleteTags and now have a new 001 file which contains exactly the same entries.

And there are no files in the folder 'columns' specified in the filename statement in the 001 file.

Any more clues for me???
dano
Can you run this export code and give me the result?
(make a new config and paste this code)
CODE
$filename(Mp3tag varinfo.txt,utf-8)Windows Appdata Path:
$getenv(appdata)

Mp3tag Program Path:
$getenv(MP3TAGAPP)

Mp3tag Data Path:
$getenv(MP3TAGAPPDATA)

Is Mp3tag installed on Windows?

You can disable the Mp3tag Popup at "Tools > Options > Messages" and untick [ ] after change.
Viragored
QUOTE (dano @ Dec 23 2011, 21:56) *
Can you run this export code and give me the result?
(make a new config and paste this code)
CODE
$filename(Mp3tag varinfo.txt,utf-8)Windows Appdata Path:
$getenv(appdata)

Mp3tag Program Path:
$getenv(MP3TAGAPP)

Mp3tag Data Path:
$getenv(MP3TAGAPPDATA)

Is Mp3tag installed on Windows?

You can disable the Mp3tag Popup at "Tools > Options > Messages" and untick [ ] after change.

Hi - thanks very much for your interest and help!

I hope I've done this right - I went to the export dialogue in mp3tag, clicked new, and named it "Dano". What popped up was a window containing what I recognise as the content of the files I have seen previously, referring to "loop" (and I don't understand what they are). I deleted all that content and pasted your code in its place, and ran the resulting export. The file created contained this:

Windows Appdata Path:
C:\Users\Us\AppData\Roaming

Mp3tag Program Path:
C:\Program Files\Mp3tag

Mp3tag Data Path:
C:\Users\Us\AppData\Roaming\Mp3tag

My pc is running Windows 7, and mp3tag is installed - and has tagged many, many files for me.

I hope that's all OK
dano
It seems you did it right.
The result looks good so I really wonder what is going wrong.

I've made a version with a little debug info, replace the old exe file with the one from the _debug.rar file Download
dano
unrelated to the previous discussion:

In the new version 1.8 I've added a html table template that includes all the supported ID3v2 frame names in the table header line so you can see if a tag name resolves to a standard frame.
There is now also a second AutoColumns file with frame headers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.