Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [AF] Bug in adding cover art to .flac files
Mp3tag Forums > Mp3tag - International > Bug Reports
cpsharp
I'm having a problem adding cover art to an album of .flac files. When selecting all files from the screen in MP3tag, then clicking the cover art space and selecting a jpg file (approx 500px wide) then clicking the 'save' icon, the program intermittently says '....file cannot be accesed' and asks me to continue tagging. It doesn't happen to the same files, but as though some are randomly selected as not being accessible. I check the file folder and the problem .flac file has been renamed to a .tmp file. I can rename it back to it's original name and the file is restored, even the cover art is intact in the file when returning to MP3tag and clicking 'refresh'. I don't have the files to be processed open anywhere else except MP3tag. I'm running v.2.46a.
Is my cover art too big? Any help's appreciated.
-Chris Sharp
Florian
Are the files on a remote drive, e.g., a NAS?
LotharR
I have the same problem. Flac-files are stored on a local drive.

LotharR
Florian
Can you provide one of those file to further research this issue?
LotharR
ZITAT(Florian @ Oct 8 2010, 14:32) *
Can you provide one of those file to further research this issue?

Yes. How (~29Mb)?

LotharR
Florian
Just upload it to http://drop.io and send me the link via support@mp3tag.de
LotharR
ZITAT(Florian @ Oct 26 2010, 10:44) *
Just upload it to http://drop.io and send me the link via support@mp3tag.de

Done (Sorry for keeping you waiting)

LotharR
amusiced
Same problem. I'm on windows XP service pack 3 handling flac files over firewire on an external hard drive.
When inserting cover art into flac files some files are not again renamed to their original name but stay as number-code.tmp files. These files can be renamed in windows explorer to number-code.tmp and then in Mp3tag renamed from the tag which is intact so just the last step seems to be missing when Mp3tag works on the files.

Couldn't find any rule right now. Don't know if there is s.th. specific about the files. Doesn't seem so, because when working on the same album it can happen that in the first change file a is wrongly rewritten and with the next change files a and b or just b are wrongly rewritten... The only rule about it is that it happens frequently and the last time it also happened with an .mp4 file.

Thanks in advance.
LotharR
Hi,

sorry to bother, but this bug is really annoying and it's still there (mp3tag 2.49).

LotharR
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.