Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Install-Routine in 2.23s
Mp3tag Forums > Mp3tag - International > Development
Picco
Hi Florian,

thanks for the latest development build. I noticed, that the Installer of 2.23s doesn't offer the option "Bisherig" by default anymore. It starts with "Normal" and if you change to "Bisherig" manually, all checkboxes are empty unaware of the last installation.

So my question is: Is this a wanted behaviour?

Best regards,
Picco
Florian
Hi Picco,

QUOTE (Picco @ Aug 14 2004, 07:00 PM)
thanks for the latest development build. I noticed, that the Installer of 2.23s doesn't offer the option "Bisherig" by default anymore. It starts with "Normal" and if you change to "Bisherig" manually, all checkboxes are empty unaware of the last installation.

it's working fine here. Are you sure, that there is a file Mp3tagSetup.ini in the installation folder (there where the previous version was installed to)?

Mp3tag uses this file to determine the previous installation options. If you're installing to a different folder, Mp3tag won't find this file.

Best regards,
~ Florian
Picco
QUOTE (Florian @ Aug 14 2004, 07:33 PM)
Hi Picco,

QUOTE (Picco @ Aug 14 2004, 07:00 PM)

it's working fine here. Are you sure, that there is a file Mp3tagSetup.ini in the installation folder (there where the previous version was installed to)?

Mp3tag uses this file to determine the previous installation options. If you're installing to a different folder, Mp3tag won't find this file.

Best regards,
~ Florian

The file Mp3tagSetup.ini exists (created Thursday, 25. March 2004, 21:45:15)

The content is:

CODE
[shortcuts]
startmenu=1
desktop=1
explorer=1

I always install MP3Tag to the same directory, as I always have used the "Bisherig"-Routine (sorry, but I don't know the english word for "Bisherig").

It has never been a problem, the installer always detected the former installation and its directory. Version 2.23r was the last build, where the installation went the 'normal' way. The behaviour described in my other post occured with 2.23s.

In the meantime, I tried to install the following versions:

2.23d
2.23f
2.23h
2.23l
2.23n
2.23o
2.23q
2.23r

With all of that versions I get instantly to the "Bisherig"-Dialog, only 2.23s "misbehaves"

Maybe this helps you.

Best regards,
Picco

P.S.: Sorry for my bad english. It just isn't my native language wink.gif
Sebastian Mares
QUOTE (Picco @ Aug 14 2004, 10:05 PM)
...(sorry, but I don't know the english word for "Bisherig")...

Previous wink.gif

Anyways, it works fine for me as well. unsure.gif

Edit: If you are interested, here is a screen capture (68 KB, 1280x1024, GIF)
Sebastian Mares
Just found out something... If I select not to create any short-cuts or whatsoever (uncheck everything except the greyed out Mp3tag) and then launch the setup again, the installer will default to Normal, including the Desktop and Start Menu icons. I can manually select Previous or Lite, though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.