Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2nd minor problem
Mp3tag Forums > Mp3tag - International > Support
mattydread
Hi again,

the only other small problem i have is that when trying to rename MP3's files using information retrieved from freedb it comes up with a dialogue box saying files are read only. Then it shuts down with some error message in German.

ANy help greatly appreciated

Cheers
Florian
Can you please press [Ctrl+C] on the error message box and post the information here?

Thanks!
~ Florian
Mierdaan
---------------------------
Mp3tag V.2.24
File "D:\mp3s\Live\Live - Mental Jewelry - 01 - Pain
Lies On The Riverside.mp3" could not be opened for writing.

Do you want to continue?
Yes No

Here's a copy of the error message I get. The files aren't in use by any application, nor are they set as read-only... I converted filename->tag for fully half my mp3 library before this error started occuring, and there shouldn't be any difference in security flags or anything between the former and latter halves. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Florian
Please try again with the latest version.

Best regards,
~ Florian
Mierdaan
Thanks for responding, Florian! I upgraded to v.2.25 (I only installed the app 3 days ago, I was surprised to see a new version out so fast!) - and now I'm getting a different error.

I highlight a group of mp3s, right-click, Convert, filename -> tag, click OK, and it says that it's converted, say, 12 of 12 filenames to tags. Except, the tag information doesn't appear under Artist, Title, etc. I've refreshed my view to make sure it wasn't just a question of it not immediately showing the new info, but that doesn't appear to be it. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Florian
Hi Mierdaan!

It seems that Mp3tag didn't update your column set properly. Could you please post the contents of the file
C:\Documents and Settings\<your name>\Application Data\Mp3tag\data\columns.ini ?

Thanks!
~ Florian
Mierdaan
Sure thing.

[#0]
numeric=0
width=445
name=Filename
value=%_filename_ext%
field=%_filename_ext%

[#1]
numeric=0
width=150
name=Path
value=%_folderpath%
field=%_folderpath%

[#2]
numeric=0
width=150
name=Title
value=%title%
field=%title%

[#3]
numeric=0
width=150
name=Artist
value=%artist%
field=%artist%

[#4]
numeric=0
width=150
name=Album
value=%album%
field=%album%

[#5]
numeric=1
width=150
name=Track
value=%track%
field=%track%

[#6]
numeric=0
width=150
name=Year
value=%year%
field=%year%

[#7]
numeric=0
width=150
name=Genre
value=%genre%
field=%genre%

[#8]
numeric=0
width=150
name=Comment
value=%comment%
field=%comment%

[#9]
numeric=0
width=150
name=Codec
value=%_codec%
field=%_codec%

[#10]
numeric=1
width=150
name=Bitrate
value=%_bitrate% kBit/s
field=%_bitrate%

[#11]
numeric=1
width=150
name=Frequency
value=%_samplerate% Hz
field=%_samplerate%

[#12]
numeric=0
width=150
name=Length
value=%_length%
field=%_length%
Florian
Mmm, seems okay.

Could it be by chance, that you've applied MP3Gain information to your files and have APEv2 tag reading enabled at Options, Tag, Mpeg?

Regards,
~ Florian
Mierdaan
Well, I hadn't heard of MP3Gain till I checked out the Sourcefourge project page, and the option you mentioned isn't set. I really haven't messed with any of the configuration options, since it "just worked" upon initial install. sad.gif
Florian
Could you please try to delete that columns.ini file?

Best regards,
~ Florian
Mierdaan
Done, reloaded my library, same behavior as before. Columns.ini didn't recreate, if that's of any interest.
Florian
Something really weird is happening there.

Could you please send me the file Mp3tagSettings.zip and a screenshot of Mp3tag to my support address?

Thank you!
~ Florian
Florian
Okay, thanks for the screenshots - I misunderstood you rolleyes.gif

It seems that you're using a wrong formatstring at Filename - Tag. The formatsting have to match the filename and Mp3tag will show a dynamic preview of the tag fields, which will be imported.

Example:

Hope that helps!

Best regards,
~ Florian
Mierdaan
Sorry, I'm still not getting it smile.gif In what way is my formatstring wrong? It looks the same as yours, as far as I can tell, and I haven't altered it from the form that converted filename - tag for fully half of my mp3s.
Florian
QUOTE (Mierdaan @ Sep 21 2004, 11:31 PM)
Sorry, I'm still not getting it smile.gif  In what way is my formatstring wrong?  It looks the same as yours, as far as I can tell, and I haven't altered it from the form that converted filename - tag for fully half of my mp3s.

Do you get the preview for artist, album, track and title in this case?
Mierdaan
Nope, I don't get the preview. My format string is

%artist - %album% - %track% - %title%

and my filename is

Live - Mental Jewelry - 01 - Pain Lies On The Riverside.mp3

which looks pretty identical to what you have, no?
Florian
Could you please try it with
%artist% - %album% - %track% - %title%

Best regards,
~ Florian
Mierdaan
Sorry, that was my typo here in the forum - I do have the % in the string, in mp3tag.

Here's a copy/pasted version, instead of the one I typed before.

%artist% - %album% - %track% - %title%
Florian
Okay, can you please do the following steps:
  • open Mp3tag
  • select Live's first track
  • press [Ctrl+Shift+F5]
  • run the converter
  • close Mp3tag
After these steps you should find a file called Mp3tagLog.zip in Mp3tag's data directory. Could you please email me this file?

Thanks!

~ Florian
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.