Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pasting Lyrics into the UNSYNCEDLYRICS tag, gets cut of when there is a Pipe Symbol somehere in the text
Mp3tag Forums > Mp3tag - International > Bug Reports
Mike_nl
Hi,

When pasting Lyrics into the UNSYNCEDLYRICS tag, it gets cut of.

The Lyrics what I try to paste are:

blah blah blah
blah blah blah|
Oh, yeah

What happens after a save is that only the following remains:

eng||
Oh, yeah

And the reason being that before "Oh, Yeah", there is a Pipe Symbol

Is this a bug or ?

Thanks
Mike
ohrenkino
ZITAT(Mike_nl @ Feb 20 2011, 15:46) *
Is this a bug or ?

This depends on the perspective.
the conventions for the lyrics require a language indicator as first entry, separated by TWO pipe letters.
MP3tag automatically inserts "eng||" if you have forgotten an entry as otherwise you won't see any lyrics in any player.
So, coming back to your case, I must say that you did not follow the conventions for lyrics as you omitted the second pipe letter. So in a way your entry was illegal.
It is now a more philosophical discussion what ranks higher: the required syntax or the data input by the user.

It would be nice, if you could check your data again and insert a "eng||" first and then the lyrics with that single pipe and the way MP3tag behaves then.
Mike_nl
QUOTE (ohrenkino @ Feb 21 2011, 02:30) *
It would be nice, if you could check your data again and insert a "eng||" first and then the lyrics with that single pipe and the way MP3tag behaves then.

Hi,

if I insert,

eng||blah blah blah
blah blah blah|
Oh, yeah

and hit save,

what stays is
eng||blah blah blah
blah blah blah

so the text after the last pipe symbol gets cut off

Mike
DetlevD
Another example:
Write ...
eng||1|2|3|
4|5|
6|7|
#

... save and review ...
eng||1

And even more ...
Write ...
eng|descriptordescriptordescriptordescriptordescriptordescriptor12345|text text text text
... and it will be accepted although the length of the descriptor is greater than max. 64 characters.

DD.20110221.0410.CET
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.