Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can anyone explain the why the Difference??
Mp3tag Forums > Misc > Off-Topic - International
Genevieve
I have a TEAC MCD53MPC CD/Mp3 Cassette Recorder. I sometimes use it to play MP3 Audio Books...which are in folders.
This machine has a mind of its own in how it selects folders and display numbers.

In comparison if I play the same disc in a dvd player the folder and files are displayed as I burned them.

Can anyone explain the why the Difference??

Thanks
Genevieve
ohmy.gif
ohrenkino
ZITAT(Genevieve @ Mar 15 2011, 00:45) *
Can anyone explain the why the Difference??

No, I can't. Ask TEAC.
But: check whether you have filled the tag for "Albumartist" - it could be that your TEAC reads these (and does not only rely on the filename as apparently your DVD player does) and groups the files by this tag. As the albumartist is probably empty or not there all the tracks look the same and so the TEAC uses the next sort criteria - which could also be "random".
Unfortunately you don't tell in which way the playing order differs on the TEAC.

So: try it whether filling the albumartist tag makes a difference. As this is easily done with MP3tag it shouldn't be too much of an effort.
DetlevD
QUOTE (Genevieve @ Mar 15 2011, 00:45) *
...I have a TEAC MCD53MPC CD/Mp3 Cassette Recorder. I sometimes use it to play MP3 Audio Books...which are in folders.
This machine has a mind of its own in how it selects folders and display numbers. ...

Some time ago I have tried to push the Mp3tag community to build up a database about hardware players and their software implementations, but sadly there was no return from users anymore.

Nevertheless it might be interesting for you to see the pictures how some vendor has implemented the playing order into the player.
http://forums.mp3tag.de/index.php?showtopi...ost&p=38177

DD.20110315.1650.CET
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.