Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Actions to convert tags to/from greeklish
Mp3tag Forums > Mp3tag - International > General Discussion
Kitharodos
I am from those who are very allergic to greeklish (greek written with latin characters).
So, I spend lots of time retyping all tags of my music collection from greeklish to real greek.
I would like to be able to convert mp3 tags to / from greeklish quickly and easily, so I had created a (not so small) python program for that. It worked well, but was awkward to always invoke it separately.

So, I now created two actions for mp3tag to do that, and it works like a charm! Very easy and practical, now I can almost instantly switch to/from greeklish and real greek when tagging.

I would like to share these actions for you, because I know that there are many others who really need this feature and you cannot find it anywhere else!

Perhaps you can also incorporate it in future versions of the program.

To install, unzip the attachments and move the mta files into the Actions directory. In Windows 7, you can find it under C:\Users\<your name>\AppData\Roaming\Mp3tag\data\actions.

I created a separate action to fix the greek sigma-telikon (ς), because many times I need this function separately, esp. when converting from/to uppercase.

Enjoy and thanks to Florian for this great program!
DetlevD
QUOTE (Kitharodos @ Dec 30 2011, 07:29) *
... I created a separate action to fix the greek sigma-telikon (ς), because many times I need this function separately, esp. when converting from/to uppercase. ...

Related to the sigma character there is a regular expression, which works for each word, not only for the end of the line ...
http://forums.mp3tag.de/index.php?showtopi...ost&p=59431

DD.20111230.0749.CET
Kitharodos
Thanks Detlev, I updated the action and the zip file above smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.