Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: mp3tag hangs when attempting to add new directories
Mp3tag Forums > Mp3tag - International > Bug Reports
Ambat Ravi
i am using mp3tag 2.49b right now, on Win XP SP3. i first noticed this issue with v2.49:

when i attempted to first change directory, the product hung. i thought it needed time so i left it alone ( i have a slow system). when i checked the next day, the issue had not been resolved. it had been working very well till then.

attempt to add anew directory is also met with the same symptom.

i then proceeded to uninstall it, and then installed v2.49b - again, the problem persists.

i have scanned the forum in detail to find a solution, but i can't seem to find the answer.

could some registry content be corrupted ?

it's a pity - it seems like a wonderful product to use! smile.gif

- ravi.
ohrenkino
ZITAT(Ambat Ravi @ Feb 11 2012, 05:01) *
could some registry content be corrupted ?

Or something else. You have not found anything in the forum as yours does not seem to be a very common problem. So first of all, check your environment:
Perform a chkdsk.
How full is the disc (if you are beyond the magical 15% free disk space, WIndows may run into problems with the security bits)?
Is your hard disk dying (e.g. Chrystaldiskinfo may report trouble)
Do you access folders via the network on a NAS?
Any kind of file operation is mainly an operating system task. mp3tag only calls the relevant OS function and then lets it do its job. If that function does not respond, the program waits for the answer.
Ambat Ravi
QUOTE (ohrenkino @ Feb 11 2012, 11:34) *
Or something else. You have not found anything in the forum as yours does not seem to be a very common problem. So first of all, check your environment:
Perform a chkdsk.
How full is the disc (if you are beyond the magical 15% free disk space, WIndows may run into problems with the security bits)?
Is your hard disk dying (e.g. Chrystaldiskinfo may report trouble)
Do you access folders via the network on a NAS?
Any kind of file operation is mainly an operating system task. mp3tag only calls the relevant OS function and then lets it do its job. If that function does not respond, the program waits for the answer.

thank you.
CHKDSK reports all fine. i'll proceed with the rest of your checklist.

- ravi.
ohrenkino
ZITAT(Ambat Ravi @ Feb 18 2012, 04:16) *
thank you.
CHKDSK reports all fine. i'll proceed with the rest of your checklist.

- ravi.

OK, to be honest it is rather hard to find the reasons for your local failure.
What could also be a cause for trouble: does the path or a file in the path feature special (local) characters that are not allowed for the file system?
Did the files get corrupted for some reason?
So many possibilities that are very hard to find from such distance.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.