Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Key to enter edit more in the main panel
Mp3tag Forums > Mp3tag - International > Support
chrisjj
What's the keypress to enter edit mode on a main panel track. I am aware of the mouse option - I am asking about the keyboard option.

Thanks.
ohrenkino
ZITAT(chrisjj @ Feb 25 2012, 17:48) *
... main panel track....

?
Using the keyboard for input usually relies on the use of <TAB>, <Shift-Tab>, <Ctrl-Tab> to shift the focus from one element of the user interface to the next.
If you want to edit a field in the files list, shift the focus to that and then press <F2>. THis should enter the edit mode for the first editable field in the files list.
The use the <TAB> key to move the input focus to the next field. Within a field use the cursor keys to move the cursor.
Press <Enter> to leave edit mode.
Press the arrow keys to move up and down in the files list.
Press <F2> again to enter edit mode.
chrisjj
QUOTE (ohrenkino @ Feb 25 2012, 17:07) *
If you want to edit a field in the files list, shift the focus to that and then press <F2>. THis should enter the edit mode for the first editable field in the files list.

Thanks. but on V2.49 it doesn't. What it does is Edit > Rename.
ohrenkino
ZITAT(chrisjj @ Feb 25 2012, 18:19) *
Thanks. but on V2.49 it doesn't. What it does is Edit > Rename.

This depends on what field is in your first column.
And if you have entered a field for the filename. If you want to keep a column read only then do not enter a field but only a value.
chrisjj
QUOTE (ohrenkino @ Feb 25 2012, 17:31) *
This depends on what field is in your first column.

The effect of F2 does not depend on what field is in your first column. Regardless - it does Rename.
ohrenkino
ZITAT(chrisjj @ Feb 25 2012, 18:46) *
The effect of F2 does not depend on what field is in your first column. Regardless - it does Rename.

Not on my system.
If the focus is on the files list and I press F2 then the first field that can be edited changes to the edit mode.
If no file is selected then nothing happens.
If I press F2 and the focus is on the tag panel then the field that has currently has the focus and can be edited gets into the edit mode.
The function Edit>Rename also moves to the first editable field in the files list and enters edit mode.
DetlevD
QUOTE (ohrenkino @ Feb 25 2012, 19:06) *
... The function Edit>Rename also moves to the first editable field in the files list and enters edit mode.

Hmm, using Mp3tag 2.49b, while in list view, on a selected row, when pressing F2 (Edit/Rename) the cursor jumps to the Filename cell and set this cell into edit mode, regardless how many editable cells are located at the left or right side of the filename cell.

If there is no editable filename cell, then [F2] selects the first editable cell from the left edge in row ... and [F2] looses its meaning of Edit/Rename.

DD.20120225.2000.CET
chrisjj
> Not on my system.
> If the focus is on the files list and I press F2 then the
> first field that can be edited changes to the edit mode.
> The function Edit>Rename also moves to the first editable
> field in the files list and enters edit mode.

Even if filename is not the first editable field??
DetlevD
QUOTE (chrisjj @ Feb 25 2012, 17:48) *
What's the keypress to enter edit mode on a main panel track. I am aware of the mouse option - I am asking about the keyboard option. Thanks.

I know that the Tag Panel can be activated by hotkey [Ctrl+Q].
I do not know a decicated hotkey to activate the list view window.
But after loading a new file list, for example by loading the Favorite Folder, one can select the first list view row by pressing [CursorLeft] or [CursorRight].
Then it is possible to press [F2] and navigate with [Tab] and [ShiftTab] in the row to other cells, which are defined to be editable in the column definition dialog.

DD.20120225.1948.CET
ohrenkino
ZITAT(chrisjj @ Feb 25 2012, 19:32) *
Even if filename is not the first editable field??

Yes. Exactly.
F2 behaves just like I know it from Excel or other programs that use the table functions in Windows.
And for tables the default key to enter edit mode is F2.
chrisjj
> Then it is possible to press [F2] and navigate with [Tab]
> and [ShiftTab] in the row to other cells, which are defined to be
> editable in the column definition dialog.

OK, thanks.
chrisjj
QUOTE (ohrenkino @ Feb 25 2012, 18:44) *
Yes. Exactly.
I now suspect you don't have filename as an editable field in your main panel. I get the effect you describe only under that condition.

chrisjj
QUOTE (DetlevD @ Feb 25 2012, 18:30) *
Hmm, using Mp3tag 2.49b, while in list view, on a selected row, when pressing F2 (Edit/Rename) the cursor jumps to the Filename cell and set this cell into edit mode, regardless how many editable cells are located at the left or right side of the filename cell.

If there is no editable filename cell, then [F2] selects the first editable cell from the left edge in row ... and [F2] looses its meaning of Edit/Rename.
That's exactly what I see - V2.49.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.