Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: COMMENT - YEAR ?
Mp3tag Forums > Mp3tag - International > Support
dj 8adam-e!
hi,
i'm trying to change my mp3 year/comment tags to a new tag but it shows right in the mp3tag program but in the file after does not shows can you help?

example
when i use in the year field ''10-2011'' in the file shows only ''10''
when i use the year field and the comment field ''2011'' ''october''
it shows the year but not the comment...
dj 8adam-e!
another photo
ohrenkino
ZITAT(dj 8adam-e! @ Apr 5 2012, 13:26) *
when i use in the year field ''10-2011'' in the file shows only ''10''
when i use the year field and the comment field ''2011'' ''october''
it shows the year but not the comment...

The YEAR field is only intended for 4-digit numbers. If you want to log anything more sophisticated you would have to use the RELEASEDATE field as this allows day, month, year, hour, minute, second.
You may store more than just the year in the YEAR tag and mp3tag usually does not mind. But the question is what your favourite player makes of it.
dj 8adam-e!
QUOTE (ohrenkino @ Apr 5 2012, 13:15) *
The YEAR field is only intended for 4-digit numbers. If you want to log anything more sophisticated you would have to use the RELEASEDATE field as this allows day, month, year, hour, minute, second.
You may store more than just the year in the YEAR tag and mp3tag usually does not mind. But the question is what your favourite player makes of it.

hi and thanks for the help,
but i can't find the releasedate function nowhere
and you didn't answered me about the comment field...
ohrenkino
ZITAT(dj 8adam-e! @ Apr 5 2012, 21:50) *
hi and thanks for the help,
but i can't find the releasedate function nowhere
and you didn't answered me about the comment field...

What kind of files are we tgalking about? MP3 or FLAC?
RELEASEDATE is not a function but just another tag that you have to fill with data you want to see as expanded date data.
So instead of filling YEAR with extra data you have to (also) fill the field RELEASEDATE. If it is not already there then you have to add it with the extended tags dialogue.

Please note that not all players support all fields so it may be that your player does not display RELEASEDATE (and you are stuck with the limitations of the YEAR field).

I did not say anything to your COMMENT problem as I simply do not understand what you want.
Could you list the contents of fields before editing, the way they should look like after editing, what you tried to enter and what the result in fact looked like?
dj 8adam-e!
QUOTE (ohrenkino @ Apr 5 2012, 21:25) *
What kind of files are we tgalking about? MP3 or FLAC?
RELEASEDATE is not a function but just another tag that you have to fill with data you want to see as expanded date data.
So instead of filling YEAR with extra data you have to (also) fill the field RELEASEDATE. If it is not already there then you have to add it with the extended tags dialogue.

Please note that not all players support all fields so it may be that your player does not display RELEASEDATE (and you are stuck with the limitations of the YEAR field).

I did not say anything to your COMMENT problem as I simply do not understand what you want.
Could you list the contents of fields before editing, the way they should look like after editing, what you tried to enter and what the result in fact looked like?

the files are mp3 (as shown in the photo) i create a new ''releasedate'' fuction and again the file does not showing it (ether comment). i'm using windows 7 and the player is windows media player,the latest version.
please see photos below
dj 8adam-e!
and the file photo.....
ohrenkino
ZITAT(dj 8adam-e! @ Apr 8 2012, 03:28) *
and the file photo.....

Concerning the comment:
by default mp3tag writes "english" comments. Your OS may expect a Russian (?) comment (please excuse me if I got that wrong).
So, in order to make a comment visible in your local language you have to modify the file
mp3tag.lng
which you can find in the mp3tag installation directory.

Open it with the Editor and search for a line that starts with
_M_STR_ID3V2LANG

It probably looks like this:
_M_STR_ID3V2LANG eng

Here replace the "eng" with the abbreviation for the language of Windows.

The releasedate may also fall under the specialities of a local format.
By default it should look like this:
yyyy-mm-yyThh:mm:ss
(please note the T as separator)
As this is new to me (in respect to implications of local standards) I would be glad if you could give a feedback so that I learn something.
dano
RELEASEDATE is just an arbitrary tag name with no corresponding ID3v2 frame. Not very useful.

Maybe you mean RELEASETIME
But I'm sure Windows Explorer won't read that.
dj 8adam-e!
QUOTE (ohrenkino @ Apr 8 2012, 22:27) *
Concerning the comment:
by default mp3tag writes "english" comments. Your OS may expect a Russian (?) comment (please excuse me if I got that wrong).
So, in order to make a comment visible in your local language you have to modify the file
mp3tag.lng
which you can find in the mp3tag installation directory.

Open it with the Editor and search for a line that starts with
_M_STR_ID3V2LANG

It probably looks like this:
_M_STR_ID3V2LANG eng

Here replace the "eng" with the abbreviation for the language of Windows.

The releasedate may also fall under the specialities of a local format.
By default it should look like this:
yyyy-mm-yyThh:mm:ss
(please note the T as separator)
As this is new to me (in respect to implications of local standards) I would be glad if you could give a feedback so that I learn something.

my language is greek,
and i don't think the os does not read english such all my mp3s (most of them) are in english, and the comment i'm using is in english language.
anyway i tried to do what you told me but i cant find nowhere the mp3tag.lng
i only found those

mp3tag.cfg
Mp3tagSetup
Mp3tagReadme
html_mp3tag.mte
Mp3tagVersion
Greek.lng

i went to

local disc / programme files (x86) / mp3tag

<Open it with the ?Editor ? and search for a line that starts with
_M_STR_ID3V2LANG> ????????
ohrenkino
ZITAT(dj 8adam-e! @ Apr 9 2012, 12:59) *
my language is greek,

Windows 7 apparently interprets the locally set language of the OS and expects comments that have a token for the same language. Other comments are ignored.
Windows does not look at the language itself but looks for an indicator which comment to display.
So as Mp3tag by default writes comments with the token for English (which is the right setting for iTunes) these comments are not displayed by Windows tools that expect another language.
The Editor is the plain-text-editor that comes with Windows.
The file mp3tag.lng can be found in the same folder as mp3tag.exe.
dano
mp3tag.lng is outdated, you have to go the subfolder lang and edit the .lng file of the language you are using.

If Mp3tag is set to Greek you have to edit the Greek.lng file.
ohrenkino
ZITAT(dano @ Apr 9 2012, 16:39) *
mp3tag.lng is outdated, ...

So I can delete that file as it is superfluous?
dano
QUOTE (ohrenkino @ Apr 9 2012, 16:48) *
So I can delete that file as it is superfluous?

Yes. Only the .lng files in the lang folder are important.
dj 8adam-e!
how will i edit the file?
i can't understand what you mean....
please help...!
ohrenkino
ZITAT(dj 8adam-e! @ Apr 15 2012, 16:57) *
i can't understand what you mean....
please help...!

Use the plain text editor that comes with Windows.
Navigate to the installation directory of mp3tag and there into the folder LANG.
Locate the file greek.lng
Open it with the plain text editor (as this is a plain text file).
Use the search function (Ctrl-F) to locate the text
_M_STR_ID3V2LANG
it should read
_M_STR_ID3V2LANG eng

Modify this to
_M_STR_ID3V2LANG grk
(I think)
so that mp3tag labels comments to be in Greek instead of English.
dj 8adam-e!
QUOTE (ohrenkino @ Apr 15 2012, 16:10) *
Use the plain text editor that comes with Windows.
Navigate to the installation directory of mp3tag and there into the folder LANG.
Locate the file greek.lng
Open it with the plain text editor (as this is a plain text file).
Use the search function (Ctrl-F) to locate the text
_M_STR_ID3V2LANG
it should read
_M_STR_ID3V2LANG eng

Modify this to
_M_STR_ID3V2LANG grk
(I think)
so that mp3tag labels comments to be in Greek instead of English.

i tried to edit the greek lag and i did what you told me, i change it in gr but when i want it to save it i couldn't save as .lng file only as a .txt file and i couldn't see any deference,what should i do?
ohrenkino
ZITAT(dj 8adam-e! @ Apr 16 2012, 13:31) *
...save as .lng file only as a .txt file ...

If you cannot save it with the extension .lng then save it with with extension .txt and rename it afterwards in the explorer to .lng.

In WMP the language code for Greek is

ell
(not grk as I wrote previously).
DetlevD
QUOTE (dj 8adam-e! @ Apr 15 2012, 16:57) *
i can't understand what you mean....please help...!

Try out, if one of the attached modified Greek.lng files can help
(Modern Greek (1453-), ISO 639 code: ell, gre).
Unpack the zip file and copy one file into the install folder "Mp3tag\lang" and rename it to "Greek.lng" as needed.
Click to view attachment

DD.20120416.1604.CEST
dj 8adam-e!
very very very thanks guys excellent job i changed the language as you said in ell and then i restart the programm and selected from tool menu the greek language and now it shows!!!!!!
w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif
but the release date (time) does not shows if anybody can help.....again....thanks
dj 8adam-e!
anyone???? unsure.gif
dano
There's no release date tag field that the explorer can read.
You'll have to use a different field and put the release date in it.
dj 8adam-e!
ok thanks just one last question....
can i add lyrics in the mp3 file?
ohrenkino
ZITAT(dj 8adam-e! @ Apr 19 2012, 22:58) *
ok thanks just one last question....
can i add lyrics in the mp3 file?

There is a field for that:
Unsyncedlyrics

But Windows hardly ever shows that field. It may be a good idea to also put the lyrics into SUBTITLE as it is more likely that this is shown.

Please note that the unsyncedlyrics field requires a three-letter-header to denote the language plus 2 vertical bars to be identified.
so the header for English looks like this:
eng||
for Greek
ell||
if you want to make the lyrics available for all languages enter
xxx||
suburbanlab
laugh.gif walkman.gif Hey ladies and germs. I figured Id tag onto this discussion instead of making a new one. My question is along the same lines. I want to be able to enter the release date in mp3 and it be able to be displayed in traktor. Right now traktor is just displaying 1/1/2012. Which is the correct field for this. I believe I have releasedate set but Im not sure. I have had this correct at one time but I believe after I updated once it changed and I havent had it back since. I believe I had publishdate at one time. Please help if you can. Thanks, Richard
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.