Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 'ft xx)' from Title to end of artist and remove '(prod. xxx)' from title
Mp3tag Forums > Mp3tag - International > Support
clark1
Hello,

I figured-out how to remove the (ft xx) part of the example below:

Ex.

Artist:

Jon Doe

Title:

Ballad (ft Mary Doe)

' ft.+?\)'

So, the Title would become

Ballad

But, what if I wanted to append 'ft Mary Jane' to the end of the artist tag? So, Artist would become...

Jon Doe ft Mary Doe

Also, how do I remove all (prod. Mike Doe) or (prod Mike Doe) tags from the Title field (should be super easy, right?)

Thanks in advance for your help.
pone
I've answered that question a couple of times in various variations.

I think that here matches your case:
http://forums.mp3tag.de/index.php?showtopi...ost&p=59172

If not, have a look at the other threads around this topic
http://forums.mp3tag.de/index.php?act=Sear...title+%2Bartist

For removing (prod. xx), why don't you do it the same way as you removed (ft. xx)?
clark1
Hello Pone,

I appreciate your response, and I have now further scoured the forum, including your suggested links, but I'm still having issues.

Here is the closest I've come.

Artist: Joe Blow

Title: SongX (ft Jane Blow) [INSTRUMENTAL]

Guess Values

%artist% $regexp(%title%,(.*) ((?:featuring|feat|ft)\.?) (.*),$2 $3 +++ $1)

%artist% +++ %title%

But, the problem is that 'Artist' becomes...

Joe Blow ft Jane Blow) [INSTRUMENTAL]

I'd like it to be 'Joe Blow ft Jane Blow'

... and 'Title' becomes

Song X

I'd like it to become SongX [INSTRUMENTAL]

Thanks.
DetlevD
QUOTE (clark1 @ May 24 2012, 21:43) *
... I'm still having issues. ...

Your request has been solved multiple times in nearly all variations. Search the forum posts.

Maybe I can add another approach.

Begin Action Group Test_2012#20120524.clark1

Action #1
Actiontype 7: Import tag fields (guess values)
Source format __: %TITLE%
Guessing pattern: %TITLE% (%FEAT%) %TITLE2%

Action #2
Actiontype 5: Format value
Field ______: ARTIST
Formatstring: %ARTIST% %FEAT%

Action #3
Actiontype 5: Format value
Field ______: TITLE
Formatstring: %TITLE% %TITLE2%

Action #4
Actiontype 9: Remove fields
Fields to remove (semicolon separated): FEAT;TITLE2

End Action Group Test_2012#20120524.clark1 (4 Actions)

From
Artist: Joe Blow

To
Title: SongX [INSTRUMENTAL]
Artist: Joe Blow ft Jane Blow

DD.20120524.2211.CEST
clark1
@DetlevD

I have searched the entire forum, and my answer has not been answered in its version. Your suggestion didn't work for my specific case.
pone
ZITAT(clark1 @ May 24 2012, 21:43) *

You didn't mention the "[INSTRUMENTAL]" part in your first request! That is of course an essential fact to know to get a sollution.

Are there any other formating variation?
It is essential to know if it's always "ft" or also "ft.", "feat.", "featuring", ..., if the featuring part is alway in round parentheses, if the song version part is alway in square brackets, if the two parts are always in the same order, and so on.
Do you deal with files which have been formated to after a specific rule before or are you dealing with files from mixed sources with all kind of spelling an formating variations.

Detlev's solution should help you for the example you have given. If you are new to this program, it may be easier to split the various functions into different actions as he has done. On the other side, if you put it all in one line with the functions nested into each other, you can use the preview function of the tag-tag converter while you are writing the first line for the guess values action.

EDIT:
I'm pretty sure Detlev's suggestion works as he described it. He used exactly your example.
DetlevD
QUOTE (clark1 @ May 24 2012, 22:24) *
@DetlevD
I have searched the entire forum, and my answer has not been answered in its version. Your suggestion didn't work for my specific case.

Hmm your question has been never answered before? I can't believe it.
Hm, it does not work? I can't believe it, because it really works with your example strings.
And ... last but not least ... isn't it really simple?

DD.20120524.2238.CEST
pone
@clark1:

Your luck, I just stumbled over a few files in my own collection which were exactly formated the same way. So I made myself a new action to solve this:

Action #1
Actiontype 7: Import tag fields (guess values)
Source format __: %artist% $regexp(%title%,'(.+) [\(\[]?(?:featuring|feat|ft)\.? ([^\)\]]+)[\)\]]* [\(\[](.+?)[\)\]]',feat. $2 +++ $1 ($3),1)
Guessing pattern: %artist% +++ %title%

Thanks Detlev for your MTA to BB Code tool. This is the first time I'm using it.
clark1
Thanks very much.

It now mostly works. There's an added issue that I'm working on, but I'll let it go for now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.