Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Different information in tags
Mp3tag Forums > Mp3tag - International > Support
kaciokos
Hi,

I've found a strange issue: I've seen in my mp3 player device that tags are incorrect for some mp3 files. I've opened the files in mp3tag, and I've seen that tags are OK. First I didn't understand, but later I've realized that my mp3 player reads ID3v1 tags, these were incorrect, and mp3tag reads ID3v2 tags, which were correct.

I don't know a proper solution for the problem, but what if mp3tag would indicate somehow that information in ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags are different, for example different (red) font color of problematic tags?

Regards,
Kaci
stevehero
QUOTE (kaciokos @ May 25 2012, 15:53) *
Hi,

I've found a strange issue: I've seen in my mp3 player device that tags are incorrect for some mp3 files. I've opened the files in mp3tag, and I've seen that tags are OK. First I didn't understand, but later I've realized that my mp3 player reads ID3v1 tags, these were incorrect, and mp3tag reads ID3v2 tags, which were correct.

I don't know a proper solution for the problem, but what if mp3tag would indicate somehow that information in ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags are different, for example different (red) font color of problematic tags?

Regards,
Kaci

Go to your setting for read/write mpeg. For the write values only tick ID3v1 + ID3v2.3. Then select a sample file and hit remove tag. This will not remove any info, just tag types that are not ticked such as APE etc. Then hit the save button to save the tags. Try that and see how you get on. Otherwise you might have to only use ID3v1 as your option.
kaciokos
You're right, this will fix all tags, although there's a more simple method: if I select songs and click Save, this will overwrite wrong ID3v1 tags, so all the tags will be correct.

My problem is that I don't know when I should perform this operation. Of course I can do it every time I tag an album, but this seems wasting of time to me. That's why it would be useful some kind of indication that information in ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags are different.
DetlevD
QUOTE (kaciokos @ May 27 2012, 12:42) *
... this will fix all tags, ... simple method: if I select songs and click Save, this will overwrite wrong ID3v1 tags, so all the tags will be correct. ... it would be useful some kind of indication that information in ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags are different.

Whether a tag-field content from ID3v1 is different from the related tag-field content of ID3v2, as a rule of thumb you can say, the difference is given when the ID3v2 tag-field content is longer than the maximal length of the related ID3v1 tag-field.

DD.20120527.1251.CEST
kaciokos
QUOTE (DetlevD @ May 27 2012, 12:51) *
Whether a tag-field content from ID3v1 is different from the related tag-field content of ID3v2, as a rule of thumb you can say, the difference is given when the ID3v2 tag-field content is longer than the maximal length of the related ID3v1 tag-field.

You're right, but this is not the case I'm talking about. I'm talking about a case when ID3v1 tag is not the truncated value of the ID3v2 tag, but the two information differs from each other.
DetlevD
QUOTE (kaciokos @ May 28 2012, 13:48) *
You're right, but this is not the case I'm talking about. I'm talking about a case when ID3v1 tag is not the truncated value of the ID3v2 tag, but the two information differs from each other.

You can import the ID3v1 tag-fields into the ID3v2 tag under a temporary name and then compare the values of the tag-fields visual or by using the Mp3tag scripting language.

DD.20120528.1352.CEST
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.