Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Small Playlist Bug
Mp3tag Forums > Mp3tag - International > Support
JerryD
Hello. I have an album for the group ".38 Special". The tags for files in the album and file renaming go fine, but when generating a playlist, this is what I get for one of the songs:

#EXTINF:279,.38 Special - Special Forces - Caught Up in You
38 Special - Special Forces - 01 - Caught Up in You.mp3

Note that the second line - the one for the MP3 file itself - is missing the leading period (.) needed to properly identify the file.

The extended information - formatted with "%artist% - %album% - %title%" properly identifies the group (.38 Special).

The file name generated by "Tag - Filename" is "%artist% - %album% - $num(%track%,2) - %title%".

The actual filename for the line above is ".38 Special - Special Forces - 01 - Caught Up in You.mp3" - note the leading period.

Thank you.

Jerry
DetlevD
QUOTE (JerryD @ Jun 10 2012, 14:37) *
Hello. I have an album for the group ".38 Special". The tags for files in the album and file renaming go fine, but when generating a playlist, this is what I get for one of the songs:

#EXTINF:279,.38 Special - Special Forces - Caught Up in You
38 Special - Special Forces - 01 - Caught Up in You.mp3

Note that the second line - the one for the MP3 file itself - is missing the leading period (.) needed to properly identify the file. ...

A leading dot character is allowed for folder name as well as for file name and works pretty good with Mp3tag.
See also ...
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/wi...7(v=vs.85).aspx

When creating a playlist file, with full path information regarding the listed media file, the filename with the leading dot is written correctly.

Exception confirmed:
When creating a playlist file, within the home folder of the listed media file, without any path information, then the file name is missing the leading dot.

DD.20120610.1730.CEST
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.