Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: COVER ART DISPLAY TIP w/ size in kb, size filtering + sorting
Mp3tag Forums > Mp3tag - International > Support
stevehero
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Settings ------ ---- - -- --UI

Column Settings
N:.A | Size KB
V: $ifgreater(%_cover_size%,0,%_covers% | $fmtnum($div(%_cover_size%,1024))' KB','-')
F:
S:.%_covers% %_cover_size% %title%
N:
[ ]

It basically displays a '-' if no artwork is present but if there is then it shows in the format 'Number of covers | Size KB'.

I have Numeric check-box 'unticked' as I feel it looks better that way. It's all down to personal preference and all that!...

And, the Sort by column sorts by the amount of covers followed by the size as shown in the attached screen-shots. You can change this around if your prefer sorting the other way around. The %title% then sorts them with there title. The option numerical [ ] box must be unchecked for this to take effect.

Filtering in kb
Now to filter them. Good thing to note is probably the reason some of your music players art doesn't show is because the file size is beyond its capability's and you should do some tests to prove it or consult with the manufacturer. I personally have an iPod Classic which has artwork on it up to 200kb without any problems. I haven't tested beyond this but most of my artwork is either 1000px or 500px sq. which should look good at 200kb either way.

Examples of filters are:
Please note adding 'kb' is not documented in the help files but still works.

All files that do not contain cover art

%_covers%
IS ""

All files with cover art larger than 200kb
"
$div(%_cover_size%,1024)" GREATER 200'kb'

All files with cover art less than 50kb

"
$div
(%_cover_size%,1024)" LESS 50'kb'

All files with cover art larger than 200kb OR All files with cover art less than 50kb
"
$div
(%_cover_size%,1024)" GREATER 200'kb' OR "$div(%_cover_size%,1024)" LESS 50'kb'

I hope you have picked up something useful here to use.
DetlevD
QUOTE (stevehero @ Jun 20 2012, 04:58) *
... All files with cover art larger than 200kb
"$div(%_cover_size%,1024)" GREATER 200kb

I think that is not correct syntax, but, due to the laxness of the filter expression interpreter, the given expression will be evaluated without error message.

Someone can write such erroneous filter expressions ...
"$div(%_cover_size%,1024)" GREATER 200kb
"$div(%_cover_size%,1024)" GREATER "200xxxxxxxxxxx"

... and Mp3tag will use it internally as written in correct syntax ...
"$div(%_cover_size%,1024)" GREATER 200

The filter operator GREATER accepts as its argument an integer value.
The filter operator GREATER is not designed for the comparison of alphanumeric string values.

DD.20120620.1053.CEST
stevehero
QUOTE (DetlevD @ Jun 20 2012, 09:53) *
I think that is not correct syntax, but, due to the laxness of the filter expression interpreter, the given expression will be evaluated without error message.

Yes, I'm aware of that wink.gif but its just an added visual reference for the user to know exactly what size in relation to its units of measurement of cover art he/she may be dealing with.

Anyway, It's still nice to know it's possible to do such a thing.
Doug Mackie
Good work, Steve!

QUOTE (stevehero @ Jun 19 2012, 22:58) *
Value:..... $num($div(%_cover_size%,1024),3)kb

Building on your work, here is my variation for the column value:

$ifgreater(%_cover_size%,0,$div(%_cover_size%,1024) kb,)

My formula displays nothing if cover size is zero, and does not pad the value with zeros. I prefer to suppress entries that show "0 kb" because I like to make records that lack cover art easy to spot.

Doug Mackie
DetlevD
I've played with this column setup ...

Name   : Covers/Size
Value  : [%_covers%' / '$fmtnum($div(%_cover_size%,1024))' KB']
Field  :
Sort by: %_cover_size%
Numeric: yes

Click to view attachment

DD.20120620.1720.CEST

Another proposal ...

Name   : Covers/Size
Value  : [%_covers%' / '$fmtnum($div(%_cover_size%,1024))' KB']
Field  :
Sort by: $right($repeat('0',2)%_covers%,2)$right($repeat('0',9)%_cover_size%,9)
Numeric: no

Click to view attachment

DD.20120621.1032.CEST
stevehero
See starting post here for improved version.
DetlevD
QUOTE (stevehero @ Jun 20 2012, 04:58) *
... All files with cover art larger than 200kb
"
$div(%_cover_size%,1024)" GREATER 200'kb'

You should not publish this piece of Mp3tag filter scripting code, because the appended 'kb' is misleading all users of Mp3tag, who rely on and trust necessary for correct syntax.

DD.20120621.0946.CEST
stevehero
QUOTE (DetlevD @ Jun 21 2012, 08:46) *
You should not publish this piece of Mp3tag filter scripting code, because the appended 'kb' is misleading all users of Mp3tag, who rely on and trust necessary for correct syntax.

Just because its not documented, doesn't mean we cannot discuss it or show where it can be used. I will make people aware in the starting post.

QUOTE ([attachment=4717:new.jpg] @ Jun 20 2012, 16:22) *

Another proposal ...
Sort by: $right($repeat('0',2)%_covers%,2)$char(7)$right($repeat('0',12)%_cover_size%,12)
Numeric: no

I've tried that out and I honestly can't see why your doing such a long function string when %_covers% %_cover_size% does the exact same job.

Click to view attachment
Both filters doing same thing

DetlevD
QUOTE (stevehero @ Jun 21 2012, 13:59) *
... I've tried that out and I honestly can't see why your doing such a long function string when ... does the exact same job ...

Because in this case the column sort is not numerical, I assume, that there will be happen a left adjusted alphabetical sort.
Just to avoid surprises, I make the two numerical parts of equal length and did use a delimiter character, that will not occur in the given data.
Note: Due to the equal sized values (leading zero number strings) the delimiter is not really necessary, so I removed it.

BTW: I can demonstrate that the sort expression "%_covers% %_cover_size%" does not sort correctly.
It will sort ... with Mp3tag Options for Natural Sort set to off ...
Covers CoverSize
1 10035
1 101002
1 10138
1 109280
1 10935

DD.20120621.1445.CEST
stevehero
QUOTE (DetlevD @ Jun 21 2012, 13:15) *
Because in this case the column sort is not numerical, I assume, that there will be happen a left adjusted alphabetical sort.
Just to avoid surprises, I make the two numerical parts of equal length and did use a delimiter character, that will not occur in the given data.
Note: Due to the equal sized values the delimiter is not really necessary, so I removed it.

DD.20120621.1430.CEST

NOT numerical?

So would it not be best using a similar sort method to the one we have to display the values in the first place? And not have any unwanted problems? And with maybe adding '%title%' at the end and with the numercal check-box [ ] then is sorts like attached.

Sort By: %_covers% $fmtnum($div(%_cover_size%,1024)) %title%
Numercal: [ ]

Click to view attachment
Sorting

stevehero
QUOTE (DetlevD @ Jun 21 2012, 13:15) *
BTW: I can demonstrate that the sort expression "%_covers% %_cover_size%" does not sort correctly.

I have demonstrated it does see the attachment on THIS POST.

To note: I have numerical turned off in both cases.
DetlevD
QUOTE (stevehero @ Jun 21 2012, 15:41) *
... I have demonstrated it does ...

Please see yourself ... both cases have set Numerical Sort Off and Natural Sort Off ...

$right($repeat('0',2)%_covers%,2)$right($repeat('0',9)%_cover_size%,9)
Click to view attachment

%_covers% %_cover_size%
Click to view attachment

DD.20120621.1630.CEST
stevehero
QUOTE (DetlevD @ Jun 21 2012, 15:29) *
Please see yourself ... both cases Numerical Off and Natural Sort Off ...

I don't know how you are recreating that but I am getting the same results with both Sort By's.

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
stevehero Sort By: %_covers% %_cover_size%
DetlevD Sort By: $right($repeat('0',2)%_covers%,2)$right($repeat('0',9)%_cover_size%,9)

Anyway I'm off to fight another cause. Seems this ones dragging out a bit wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.