Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tag Cleanup: Clearing all non-standard / ID3 tags?
Mp3tag Forums > Mp3tag - International > Support
Rytz
Greetings.

I'm basically trying to do a cleaning pass on all my music to remove all non-ID3 tags that might be present. I'm able to easily clear ID3 data from fields that I don't care about, but what about "hidden" or "custom" fields that you can't see? Maybe the user uses a DJ program that adds custom tags for something and you never even know they are there? How would you do a complete clean of these non-standard tags?

Now, I do know about the "Remove Tag" feature and the options associated with it. I've set MP3TAG to NOT remove ID3v1/2 tags when doing "Remove Tag" (I can do those in bulk myself manually) but from my experimentation with "Remove Tag" this doesn't remove custom or hidden non-ID3 fields.

Can someone give me some insight on the best methods for cleaning / clearing out all non-standard / ID3 data that might be hiding in MP3 files?

Thanks!
ohrenkino
There are action type like "Remove all tags except" or "Remove tags".
If you apply the "except" action then enter a list of fields that you want to keep. All others will get deleted.
Rytz
QUOTE (ohrenkino @ Jul 21 2012, 20:17) *
If you apply the "except" action then enter a list of fields that you want to keep. All others will get deleted.
I hadn't looked at the actions stuff yet - thanks. I'll take a look.
Rytz
QUOTE (ohrenkino @ Jul 21 2012, 20:17) *

The "Remove all tags except" action worked great. Just had to add the fields I wanted to keep and everything else was removed.

Thanks! Awesome program!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.