Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Music genres
Mp3tag Forums > Misc > Off-Topic - International
dano
Well, tell us your favorite music genres here... walkman.gif
Florian
Nice topic!

I'm listening to Electronica (like Plaid, Autechre, Amon Tobin, Boards of Canada, ...) and to norse Nu-Jazz artists like Bugge Wesseltoft, Sidsel Endresen and Nils Petter Molvær the most time.

At the moment I've also discovered some artists with a strong releationship to The Clash like Franz Ferdinand or The Libertines.

I'm also listening to classic Rock and Progressive Rock music like Frank Zappa, Gong, The Moody Blues or The Small Faces.
Sebastian Mares
I am a pretty big fan of Pink Floyd and progressive music in general. Beside that, I listen to 70s and 80s Disco and Electronic music (Jean Michel Jarre and the like).
milka
I'm lisening to electronica: Progressive House, Tech House (artists like Terry Lee Brown Jr, Gideon Jackson, Pure Science...). I also like Ambient, Chillout, Drum'n'Bass & Psy Trance (artists like Etnica, Son Kite, Infected Mushroom, Astrix...).
Nighted
Metal!!! w00t.gif
DnB/Dark Jungle walkman.gif
Some electronic like Timo Maas, Mr. Oizo, The Crystal Method.... biggrin.gif
Svlad Cjelli
Hi! Nice, just discovered this topic. Maybe you can help me to find the right genres for my music.

First i listen to things like Hooverphonic, DJ Shadow, Unkle, Kid Loco, K&D, Massive Attack, Morcheeba, Archive, 2Raumwohnung, 4hero, Air, Tosca. I simply called it "Elektro", because "triphop" is too narrow in my opinion. But with elektro i'm not really happy as well.

Second i like artist like Ben Harper,Tom Waits, Ani Difranco, PJ Harvey and older stuff like Nick Drake, Donovan, Melanie, Joan Baez, Carole King. I called it "Songwriter".

Third: things like Dead can Dance, The Mission, The Cure, Depeche Mode (older songs). Gothic? 80ies pop?

Gorillaz, New Model Army, Radiohead, Counting Crows -> i don' t know. rock? pop?

My recommendation: Almost any album by DJ Shadow.

What do you think of using genres AND subgenres?

What do you think of using genres at all?

Nice Topic. Go on !
beaker
QUOTE (Svlad Cjelli @ Aug 27 2005, 18:19)
My recommendation: Almost any album by DJ Shadow.

Svlad. I had a remix CD of The Private Press called The Private Repress. That CD was bloody amazing. It came up missing though sad.gif

I also like many flavors of Electronic: Depeche Mode, Pop Will Eat Itself, Front 242, The Chemical Brothers. I really like some newer stuff, too. Kasabian and The Bravery are some of my current favorites.

I'm a sucker for Industrial (Skinny Puppy), Goth (Sister of Mercy), Progressive Rock (Yes), Oldies (Mamas & Papas) and pretty much any good music that shows talent.
Harakiri
Hello!

I'm a great fan of agressive and depressive music genres. I grew up listening to Punk Rock, Metal and Rock.
As i grew mature i've been exploring the electronic side of music. I often listen to Neurofunk, Darkstep, Electro and Hardstyle to stir things up but when i'm tired or have a headache i balance with New Age.

I find it very hard to define myself with some music genres "per se".

I can't live without the following artists:

• NIN (Trent Reznor)
  • The Prodigy (Liam Howlett)
  • The Gossip
  • Pantera
  • Dead Kennedys (Jello Biafra)
  • Fear Factory

...among lots of others... smile.gif
hayc59
BLUES!!
Billy Joel
I'm a big fan of hip hop and rnb most specially 90's hip hop music, like thr artists Tupac, Snoopdogg and etc...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.